Scarface - coen brothers

futureman

I don't get why they need to try and make this a reboot. Scarface is a classic as far as drug movies go, but there are so many of them now. They are just like leeches trying to suck success out of a classic name. Chances are it will be just another generic drug movie, but maybe better than average. What's next, a Die Hard reboot?

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yup. And unpopular opinion: al pacino’s scarface is wayyy fucking overrated. And it holds up horribly

I tend to agree but they practically show it on a loop on Starz and it’s still hard to lay off of. It’s hard to imagine doing enough cocaine to sit in a club watching Octavio the clown though 

17 hours ago, futureman said:

set in LA.  gotta be mescan. 

Well, hopefully they will actually get Hispanic actors, instead of having Robert Loggia, F. Murray Abraham, Pacino, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Paul Shenar, etc. play Cubans...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

Well, hopefully they will actually get Hispanic actors, instead of having Robert Loggia, F. Murray Abraham, Pacino, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Paul Shenar, etc. play Cubans...

Mark Margolis also.

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yup. And unpopular opinion: al pacino’s scarface is wayyy fucking overrated. And it holds up horribly

this.

there are way better drug movies.  way better gangster movies.  way better pacino movies.  way better pacino drug gangster movies.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Knight said:

I challenge you to find a better montage that perfectly encapsulates the 80s era of movies

this is just off the top of my head.  i'm sure there are others.

it's a cheeseball 80's gangster movie, it's not some all-time classic that belongs in conversations with the godfather and goodfellas.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...