My families Great American Adventure

Wulaw Horn

On 6/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Today was a travel day. Garner state park to Big Bend. 
when you travel shit flies around if it’s not locked down tight. I put my money in an envelope, $578.86 in the microwave because fuck it- we’ve never once used the microwave in the entirety of the time we owned the RV. Told my wife that was where the money was. 
went outside to drink 5 beers before bedtime after a long ass travel day. 
just got a text from the wife- the 11 year old girl decided she was going to make herself a s’more in the microwave (seriously what the fuck- who makes microwave s’mores?) and ignored the fact that there was a giant fucking envelope in the microwave, started it up to make her smore, and caught the envelope on fire, burning said $578.86 and ruining the microwave. Then she ate the fucking s’more even though, you know, it was in a microwave on fire with metal coins. 

Who the fuck puts coins in an envelope with cash? 

7 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

Who the fuck puts coins in an envelope with cash? 

My wife. She also puts coins in my wallet. Which is absolutely mind boggling to me. I try really hard to never allow her to touch my wallet, but what are you going to do?  The one times year she touches it she fucks it up. The bills are stuffed in there nonsequentially and facing every which way, with coins jammed in as well. 
like, every single time she touches it it ends up that way. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My wife. She also puts coins in my wallet. Which is absolutely mind boggling to me. I try really hard to never allow her to touch my wallet, but what are you going to do?  The one times year she touches it she fucks it up. The bills are stuffed in there nonsequentially and facing every which way, with coins jammed in as well. 
like, every single time she touches it it ends up that way. 

Need one of these

81knJaCeTOL._AC_SX466_.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Anyone know how to fix a broken awning that won’t retract?

asking for a friend. 

I bet if you let any member of your family near it for any amount of time it will quickly be separated from the RV.  One less thing to break later. If that fails roll it up onto the roof and look for a low bridge. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will bite- you have two hoses for that? 

Yes absolutely. You're basically asking for shit to get in your clean hose... and then in your entire fresh water system. Especially the way your luck is going.

I actually have three.

I use a Y splitter at the spigot and run the white RV potable water hose through a filter and into the RV's city water inlet.  Then I attach another standard garden hose to the other half of the Y splitter, and we use that for any kind of water needs we have outside the RV (hosing down the kids when it's hot, washing dishes in our outdoor dishwashing stand, etc.).  And then a third hose that stays with the stinky slinky in a separate "waste tub" that stows in the RV storage compartments.