Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this is absolutely true. he's just sitting there, scowling. 

fuck him.

It's quite simple. Trump absolutely  can not stand it when the focus is not entirely about him. If all these people arent going to praise him, what's the point of him being there? I'm guessing he would be happier if the crowd was actually booing him, because at least the attention would be on Tariff Man.

Just now, Blotto said:

I'm guessing he would be happier if the crowd was actually booing him, because at least the attention would be on Tariff Man.

He'd be ecstatic. It would give him the opportunity to open mock them.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's gotta be weird for the Donald (and admittedly, I do feel a tad sad for him)...to know that he'll probably attend the funerals of both H.W. and Carter (not to mention two first ladies and a state funeral for McCain)...and see what it means for a nation to put aside bullshit to come together to mark the lives of remarkable leaders who gave their all to the Republic.  And even a sociopath like him has to know his grave will be danced upon and his casket will lie in State in the Capitol only due to formalities.  And like Franco in El Valle de Los Caidos, most will come by just to make sure he's still dead. 

I think it's cute that you think any of that is going through his mind.  He's just thinking about how pissed he is to be missing the Fox news coverage of the funeral.

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, guys, do something productive. Stop complaining about the terrible person that runs the country that hates on everyone and everything that doesn't worship him. There is nothing you can do about it and it really isn't anyone's fault. No sense in talking about, just be glad it isn't worse. 

I would argue that criticizing the President’s behavior at the funeral of a President you probably didn’t even like is entirely nonproductive and won’t change a thing.

But, I guess if talking about it online is a release for you, then go for it.

I just heard that part of Simpson’s eulogy and thought the hate comment was good. Figured it’d be interesting to see what was going on here and boom, obsessing over POTUS.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Many CEO’s have sociopathic tendencies.  So what?  Trump has full blown narcissistic personality disorder.  I know you’re not a medical professional so let me help...that means if somebody complements him he CAN NOT RESIST returning favors/complements.  Do you see how that’s a big problem?  You can play him like a fiddle.  The Saudis/Russians/Norks have done just that.  So kindly STFU with your ‘what about’ bullshit.   

You’re not as smart as you think. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I would argue that criticizing the President’s behavior at the funeral of a President you probably didn’t even like is entirely nonproductive and won’t change a thing.

But, I guess if talking about it online is a release for you, then go for it.

I just heard that part of Simpson’s eulogy and thought the hate comment was good. Figured it’d be interesting to see what was going on here and boom, obsessing over POTUS.

Gee, if complaining about his conduct his unproductive, how would you evaluate complaining about the complaining?  More or less productive? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Gee, if complaining about his conduct his unproductive, how would you evaluate complaining about the complaining?  More or less productive? 

Equally bad. There’s a pretty low to zero ROI on posting here. That’s why I check in only sparingly. Was mainly commenting on some of the usual suspects doing the same ole same ole. I’ll be heading out shortly. 

• Like 1

Lobbyists representing the Saudi government reserved blocks of rooms at President Trump’s D.C. hotel within a month of Trump’s election in 2016 — paying for an estimated 500 nights at the luxury hotel in just three months, according to organizers of the trips and documents obtained by The Washington Post.

At the time, these lobbyists were reserving large numbers of D.C.-area hotel rooms as part of an unorthodox campaign that offered U.S. military veterans a free trip to Washington — then sent them to Capitol Hill to lobby against a law the Saudis opposed, according to veterans and organizers.

At first, Saudi lobbyists put the veterans up in Northern Virginia. Then, in December 2016, they switched most of their business to the Trump International Hotel in downtown Washington. In all, the lobbyists spent more than $270,000 to house six groups of visiting veterans at the Trump hotel, which Trump still owns.

Those bookings have fueled a pair of federal lawsuits alleging Trump violated the Constitution by taking improper payments from foreign governments.

During this period, records show, the average nightly rate at the hotel was $768. The lobbyists who ran the trips say they chose Trump’s hotel strictly because it offered a discount from that rate and had rooms available, not to curry favor with Trump.

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

doing the apostles creed, all the ex presidents are reading it respectfully off the paper. 

donald continues to scowl. cannot be bothered.

Someone warned him he would Raiders of the Lost Ark face melt if he uttered the Apostles Creed in church.

Or its likely that my theory that Trump is a Satanist is true and Trump rejects the Apostles Creed.

The scowl was Donald trying not to do this during the ceremony.

giphy.gif

Edited by F250

10 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The President taking a car the length of a football field really doesn't surprise me, nor does it move the needle for me in terms of controversial subject matter.

The real story here is just how fucking lazy our President is.

finite energy, bruh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Has to be a record for Flake standing his ground.  It's been 2 or 3 weeks at least.

Lol literally while McConnell can just wait him out and having a bigger majority in a month.  Without Flakey

Flake is so dumb 

50 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lol literally while McConnell can just wait him out and having a bigger majority in a month.  Without Flakey

Flake is so dumb 

That is as far as Flake has to carry this as Dems take over the house then and will be able to subpoena Mueller and everyone else to testify in the house. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

The bottom line is giving huge tax breaks to corporations and the uber wealthy is simple STUPID economically. SImply because the money multiplier effect is so much more muted than giving the same dollars to those that will send each and every last penny locally or in the US at the minimum.  

The reason that we did not get as hot an economy as soon after the crash of 2008 was that about half (from memory here) the stimulus was in the form of tax breaks for the wealthy.  the payroll tax break was taken away at Republican insistence raising taxes on the working class while preserving tax breaks for the weathy in I believe the second Obama budget agreement. The sad thing is had we poured the same about of borrowing into building a national high speed rail system (or a gazillion other things I can think of) the economic stimulus effect would have been much much larger.

stepping down of soap box now....

• Like 7