Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

18 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He apologized his next post.

Good he should have. I didn’t see it so I’ll apologize now. What was said was over the line by all parties myself included but when you act without civility then I will treat you without it.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

interesting. wasn't aware of that.  if they doubled the cops to help rid the dealers/drugs good for them.

I wasn't sure where to drop this, but this thread responding to this comment seems right:

I watched 13th on Netflix last night, which is an extremely interesting documentary on black life in America from slavery until 2016 and the beginning of BLM.  I was educated and horrified. 

The documentary made the argument that the War on Drugs was simply a covert name for black oppression.  They did a damn good job of backing that argument.

I will admit it has a very specific view to it, and you should watch with an open mind.  But they hammer both sides of the political aisle pretty evenly and make a ton of very good points that I had never really considered.

....Please feel free to resume name calling.

Edited by jinx

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Christ, this thread has turned into the shit show name calling that I try to avoid by not entering the cloakroom. 

If only there was a thread to discuss everyone’s plan for changing policing in the US.

• Like 1

This is 4 days old, but I searched and couldn't find anything, so I'll pretend this hasn't been mentioned yet.  Synopsis: family of 4 in a camper bus get harassed by racists in small WA town, thinking they are Antifa, based on the hoax made by other racists about Antifa entering white towns.  The racists also supposedly cut down trees to block the family's exit from the camping site.  Rumors are that the mayor's son was involved, so expect some swift and harsh justice.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/crime/clallam-county-olympic-peninsula-multiracial-family-harassed-accused-antifa/281-d8570144-f956-4ea2-af26-ccbba91dc4d0

Edited by OU Sucks

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/news/2020/06/08/lapd-members-slam-city-council-over-private-security-details-amid-budget-cut

LOS ANGELES – While LA City Council President Nury Martinez was filing a motion last week seeking to cut $150 million from the LAPD budget, she had an LAPD unit standing watch outside her home providing her family with a private security detail since April.

The round-the-clock protection unit, often staffed by two officers, infuriated some members of the police force when Martinez introduced the motion, which reads in part:

“We need a vision for our city that says ‘there is going to be justice.’ American society is founded on a racial hierarchy, one that is born out of slavery, followed by Jim Crow segregation and corporate abuse of labor. As such, police departments are asked to enforce a system of laws that are designed to reinforce and maintain economic and racial inequality...”

...Neighbors confirmed the units had been there for two months, but didn’t want to speak on camera, only saying they were pleased with having private security provided by the LAPD in their neighborhood.  

Multiple LAPD sources confirmed the units were directed to provide 24/7 security beginning April 4 at Martinez’s home, almost always staffed by two officers. As of May 6, we’re told the detail decreased to 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. with roving patrol checks overnight....

Edited by clapclapclap

46 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/news/2020/06/08/lapd-members-slam-city-council-over-private-security-details-amid-budget-cut

LOS ANGELES – While LA City Council President Nury Martinez was filing a motion last week seeking to cut $150 million from the LAPD budget, she had an LAPD unit standing watch outside her home providing her family with a private security detail since April.

The round-the-clock protection unit, often staffed by two officers, infuriated some members of the police force when Martinez introduced the motion, which reads in part:

“We need a vision for our city that says ‘there is going to be justice.’ American society is founded on a racial hierarchy, one that is born out of slavery, followed by Jim Crow segregation and corporate abuse of labor. As such, police departments are asked to enforce a system of laws that are designed to reinforce and maintain economic and racial inequality...”

...Neighbors confirmed the units had been there for two months, but didn’t want to speak on camera, only saying they were pleased with having private security provided by the LAPD in their neighborhood.  

Multiple LAPD sources confirmed the units were directed to provide 24/7 security beginning April 4 at Martinez’s home, almost always staffed by two officers. As of May 6, we’re told the detail decreased to 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. with roving patrol checks overnight....

protection for me but not for thee

• Like 3

Not much good news over the past 104 pages (understandably so), but some progress was made today in my neck of the woods.  The NY legislature passed several police reform bills, including (1) repealing a state law used by police departments to shield disciplinary records from public disclosure; (2) requiring NYS police to wear body cams; (3) requiring reporting of weapons discharges and deaths in police custody; and (4) making choke holds a felony. (Side note: they also established a private right of action for a member of a protected class when another person calls the cops without reason to suspect a crime (i.e., the Amy Cooper Bill)). Others (including demilitarization and the creation of a special investigation unit within the AG's office for police misconduct) are expected to be voted on in the coming days. None are perfect, but it's a start. 

The NYPD union boss responded that the legislator should "stop treating us like animals and thugs and start treating us with some respect". L O fucking L.

I seriously doubt most of these measures would have been taken were it not for a 17 year old girl filming the murder of George Floyd and a massive portion of the population loudly calling for change over the last two weeks. 

Call your politicians (Democrat, Republican, libertarian, whatever) and keep the pressure on.  Hopefully the start of real progress. 

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Not much good news over the past 104 pages (understandably so), but some progress was made today in my neck of the woods.  The NY legislature passed several police reform bills, including (1) repealing a state law used by police departments to shield disciplinary records from public disclosure; (2) requiring NYS police to wear body cams; (3) requiring reporting of weapons discharges and deaths in police custody; and (4) making choke holds a felony. (Side note: they also established a private right of action for a member of a protected class when another person calls the cops without reason to suspect a crime (i.e., the Amy Cooper Bill)). Others (including demilitarization and the creation of a special investigation unit within the AG's office for police misconduct) are expected to be voted on in the coming days. None are perfect, but it's a start. 

The NYPD union boss responded that the legislator should "stop treating us like animals and thugs and start treating us with some respect". L O fucking L.

I seriously doubt most of these measures would have been taken were it not for a 17 year old girl filming the murder of George Floyd and a massive portion of the population loudly calling for change over the last two weeks. 

Call your politicians (Democrat, Republican, libertarian, whatever) and keep the pressure on.  Hopefully the start of real progress. 

How in the ever living fuck was this not already a thing. 

• Like 1

So in the 1970s your dad either got beat on by the cops or embellished a story to smooth things over after a three day bender, and this means you are a true man of the people who doesn't live in an affluent neighborhood and will bear the brunt of police reforms in 2020.  
You're typically really good at coming off as a prick, but this is top notch work.

14 minutes ago, TornACL said:

How in the ever living fuck was this not already a thing. 

Difficult to find existing rules, but I believe both bills (I conflated two bills in that summary number) provide added specificity and expanded reporting requirements. For example, the first requires disclosure of a weapons discharge “within 6 hours” to a superior and file a written report within 48 hours. The latter is much more robust. A press release is here if interested.   

As to the reason why so many new bills are being passed, probably not appropriate for this forum, but I’ll just note that control of our Senate changed hands in 2018 for essentially the first time since WWII. In addition, police departments simply have a louder “voice” than citizens in most cases. That is why the protests/emails/phone calls matter so much. 

52 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Isn’t the Kentucky governor’s pledge to pay for all black people’s healthcare (and not other races) a 14th Amendment violation?

well what else would you expect him to do.  other races don't matter at this point.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

ALL LIVES MATTER!!!!

of course they don't.  gonna be hilarious watching the guy try to explain free health care for blacks but not hispanics, native americans, asians, etc as well as figuring out who is black and who isn't.

If it was # black lives matter too, there couldn’t be the glib all lives matter retort. 

Weird. That glib response doesn’t seem to be given in by those same people in response to #bluelivesmatter, even without the “too” added to the end. I wonder why that is.

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean Jesus H. Christ you have to be an idiot to think "Black Lives Matter" means that only black lives matter. Genuinely stupid.

They're not gonna cry if I got killed by police. I also haven't seen any murals of David Dorn, or seen it leave thier lips. 

• Fuck You 1

Where were the hell were the cops on this day?  Make me ragey.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8366533/amp/George-Floyd-moved-Minneapolis-start-new-life-released-prison-Texas.html

The final straw for Floyd came after serving five years in prison in 2009 for aggravated assault stemming from a robbery in 2007 where he entered a woman’s home, pressed a gun into her stomach and searched the home for drugs and money, according to court records.   

Floyd pleaded guilty to the robbery where another suspect posed as a worker for the local water department, wearing a blue uniform in an attempt to gain access to the woman’s home, according to the charging document.

But when the woman opened the door, she realized he was not with the water department and attempted to close the door, leading to a struggle.

At that time, a Ford Explorer pulled up to the home and five other males exited the car and went up to the front door.

The report states the largest of the group, who the victim later identified as Floyd, ‘forced his way inside the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence.

‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’

Not finding any drugs or money at the house, the men took jewelry and the woman’s cell phone and fled in their car. A neighbor who witnessed the robbery took down the car’s license plate number.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

They're not gonna cry if I got killed by police. I also haven't seen any murals of David Dorn, or seen it leave thier lips. 

i've actually seen this out in the wild. a white man, in 2020, decrying his societal positioning. lamenting the challenges of being a white man and arguing that the deck is stacked against him.

imagine how pitiful your own self-worth must be to actually believe that.

owenwilson.gif

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i've actually seen this out in the wild. a white man, in 2020, decrying his societal positioning. lamenting the challenges of being a white man and arguing that the deck is stacked against him.

imagine how pitiful your own self-worth must be to actually believe that.

owenwilson.gif

You think he yelled Black Lives Matter as his head bled out?

Show me what legalese that says blacks are discriminated by.

• Fuck You 5

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

This isn't a black issue, everyone is abused by police, and killed by them.

Cool man. You have your opinion. Now stop derailing the thread or just say out loud that “you wish these fucking n-words would stop complaining, get back to work, stick to sports, and stop disrespecting my flag before I call the police on them”

since that’s what it seems like you want to say. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I think everyone agrees that the police aren't just shitty to black people. They're shitty to all kinds of people. The numbers just show that they're disproportionately shitty to black people.

In other words, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. "They kill other people too, so systematic racism isn't an issue." Something like that?

• Like 5

Yes, everyone is abused by the police. Black people experience abuse (across the board abuse, not just being killed) at a much higher rate. So, the cops are bad...and they’re especially bad when you factor in their racism.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

i say this as someone who believes the greatest threat to our country is an ignorant populace...but your comment is so frighteningly ignorant that it's dangerous.

watch this video. although apolitical (he excoriates both political parties), it's going to trigger you...but just watch it in its entirety and then come back and explain to everyone how this isn't a black issue.

• Like 3