Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

Are you new here?  Brisket is already doing what he does best, typing a lot of words.  :)

im on the Wuhan virus thread with brisket.  we both probably have a lot of posts on that thread but he does have me beat on words per post I'm sure.  I just try to keep him off suicide watch. I'm the evil 1% on that thread and hes the good 1%.  kind of like the otter/high school girl scene in Animal House.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not inconvenienced or annoyed. It’s just dumb. I’d be irritated if I had an emergency. I bet this has affected such people in many cities. Combined with looting it detracts from the message. 

Protesting is not looting.  And there are more than one way to get around any city in an emergency.

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Until the protesters start breaking your windows and trying to drag you out of your car like some visions posted earlier in this thread showed.  

The vast majority of the protesters aren't harming anyone or anything.  Are you suggesting that the protests shouldn't happen because someone might get hurt?  Maybe all use of the highways should be banned because people get hurt on them all the time.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not inconvenienced or annoyed. It’s just dumb. I’d be irritated if I had an emergency. I bet this has affected such people in many cities. Combined with looting it detracts from the message. 

Dude, if you have an emergency, you should never ever rely on 35.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

It is insanely stupid to occupy a freeway. The only point is to create chaos for others. Just because it’s not looting doesn’t mean it’s smart and doesn’t mean it doesn’t detract from a cause. It does. It’s attention whoring to create chaos. 

The entire point of a protest is to bring attention to grievances.  That often requires inconveniences of all kinds, just to get that attention.  It got yours.  And each and every one of those protesters has just as much right to be on that highway as anyone else.  Like one of my co-workers is fond of saying, if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just like the media helped keep the audience from all of the previous murders we've seen caught on camera?

If you're relying on the media to help you, I've got some oceanfront property in Oklahoma to sell you.

It's a bad scenario because this shit keeps happening, and it keeps getting caught on camera, and not a single fucking thing is done.  

We live in a country where police departments all over the country treat everybody out protesting as if they are also rioting.  People who are exercising their Constitutional rights.  We see them randomly shooting people who were no threat to them with rubber bullets, paint bullets, etc.  We saw Dallas PD rolling through with a drive-by shooting rubber bullets at people who weren't a threat, in a situation that the cops did not assess, just roll through shooting out the fucking window like we're some fucking third-world country.  We saw it in Minneapolis.   People are getting fed up with this shit.

A bunch of people being out of work maybe fanning the flames, but they didn't start the fire.  Shit, it was only a few weeks ago that we found out a couple of inbreds cornered and murdered a black man in Georgia, all because he did what a bunch of us have done in the past.  We are what, only a week removed from a woman in New York City calling the cops and trying to get a black guy arrested (or worse) by claiming he was about to assault her.  And she made fucking sure to mention that he was African-American in the call.  She didn't just call him a man, she made fucking sure to say African-American.

It's fucking 2020, and we are still dealing with this shit.

Go read this thread for some perspective.

right it was 1965/68/86/91/95/04/08/14/20 and we are still dealing with this shit.  I have plenty of perspective but I'm not black so it doesn't matter. dumbass racist people are dumbass racist people regardless of what position they hold.  that said, dirty racist cops can get people killed. the people that run these cities and the police departments should be held accountable.

• Like 1

By Sunday morning peaceful protesters had injured 60 Secret Service agents:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-31-20/h_cb459ab077b164295d8d61d80987e3fb

The officers and agents were injured when protesters threw “projectiles such as bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items,” according to the statement. “Personnel were also directly physically assaulted as they were kicked, punched and exposed to bodily fluids.”

Edited by clapclapclap

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This matter has everyone’s attention already. Literally everyone. They have no fucking right to be on a highway. No pedestrian ever does. 

Are you as worked up about burning and vandalized historical sites as you are about peaceful protests on highways?  I have no problem with people peacefully blocking traffic to send a message, but a big problem with vandalism, looting, and burning.  Different values, I guess.

18 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The vast majority of the protesters aren't harming anyone or anything.  Are you suggesting that the protests shouldn't happen because someone might get hurt?  Maybe all use of the highways should be banned because people get hurt on them all the time.

yes for gods sakes, we are trying to save just one life remember?  maybe that was last week though so old news.

11 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

WWII and Lincoln memorials vandalized.  Abe Lincoln, systemic racist.

Aren’t there like a shit ton of quotes showing Lincoln as a racist but only doing emancipation as a hindrance to the south? Or is that too much People’s History and incorrect?

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I can show you 100 videos of nonviolent protesters shouting down and actively stopping assholes up to no good from these events.

And he could show you 100 videos of nonviolent arrests of minorities made by cops. That was his point. Speaking of dissembling.

• Like 1

Just now, achooloco said:

Aren’t there like a shit ton of quotes showing Lincoln as a racist but only doing emancipation as a hindrance to the south? Or is that too much People’s History and incorrect?

Yes, people aren't perfect and are at least somewhat a product of their time.  

Do you wish Lincoln hadn't been president?

2 minutes ago, Bruno Sardine said:

And he could show you 100 videos of nonviolent arrests of minorities made by cops. That was his point. Speaking of dissembling.

Yeah, minorities, what's the deal? Most of the time when we target your communities and arrest your people at rates exponentially higher than others, we do it non-violently!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I posted this before but here’s a bunch of info and research on what works:

That’s great info. I would have assumed that a comprehensive overhaul of training would be a good step, but that says it doesn’t help. 
demilitarization and accountability. This is the way. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Yes, people aren't perfect and are at least somewhat a product of their time.  

Do you wish Lincoln hadn't been president?

No, but i can understand people in the last 48 hours thinking he was a racist and acting accordingly. Honestly I don’t agree with them but I haven’t read Zinn in decades so my memory is fuzzy. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, achooloco said:

The north was weary of fighting. Emancipation kept their hearts in the fight. The invasion was originally to bring the rogue states back in line. 

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 - listen to the communities most affected and their leaders, and sure as shit not drown out or delegitimize their voices. 

2 - not shut the fuck up or sit the fuck down. We the people need to not go away.

3 - hold my elected officials accountable. This is the most consequential thing that can be done. It needs to be a top issue for every council and mayoral candidate.

4 - call attention to and work with members of congress to dramatically reduce or even eliminate the defense of qualified immunity for members of law enforcement. It is a defense that had some merit.... it has been so expanded as to constitute near complete immunity with respect to cops. Interestingly, conservative courts like the fifth circuit aren’t NEARLY as generous with the defense when the govt officials AREN’T cops. It’s truly disgusting when contrasted with how much latitude cops get.

And a whole lot more.

This doesn’t go away. It can’t. That’s what they count on. It needs to suck to be a cop for a long time.

5. Stop calling people with whom you disagree pieces of shit

• Like 7

so despite being closed and boarded up for the last 2 days, and no where near the main issues, the Target on 183 and Ohlen has been broken into.

police are on scene... but this clearly wasnt a protest group.

It was a (no pun intended) targeted attack. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

5 miles an hour? I imagine most people are going to put it to the floor when the first brick comes through the window.

5-10 miles per hour should work just fine.  Anyone that doesn’t want to get their ass run over can move.  

I have no sympathy in dickheads blocking roads getting run over at slow speeds.  You don’t have to let them Reginald Denny you

10 minutes ago, Bruno Sardine said:

Yeah for cops that's what we expect of them. If the bar so low that they should be celebrated every time they don't choke a motherfucker out?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

He is suggesting that sometimes motorists take to the roads for important and pressing reasons, and that when you detain people on the interstate you may be doing more than "inconveniencing" them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

5-10 miles per hour should work just fine.  Anyone that doesn’t want to get their ass run over can move.  

I have no sympathy in dickheads blocking roads getting run over at slow speeds.  You don’t have to let them Reginald Denny you

https://y.yarn.co/cc54435c-9dab-4084-ba0b-a94ca9f48949.mp4

42 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  I have not once said protest shouldn’t happen.   I was typing that while on the phone earlier and meant to put ‘protestors’ but it autocorrected on me since I didn’t hit the second ‘    

there were videos in California yesterday & Friday of rioters stopping highway traffic and breaking people’s windows that were stuck in traffic and reports of rioters trying to pull people from their cars, just because they happened to be in the wrong area of the highway at the wrong time.   

thats bullshit.  That’s not protesting.  That’s rioting and getting toward lynching.  

Edited by Trey3216
I also managed to get a visions instead of videos on that post. Weird
  • Like 1

It does not need to suck being a cop for awhile. It needs to be as easy to fire and prosecute every one of these situations as it has been in MN, with or without media.  Making it suck for cops will have one of two effects, or perhaps both. It will ensure retribution from bad cops and chase away good cops.  

Every American - and definitely every clack American - has to be afraid when they interact with a cop.

Cops need to feel that fear. Not of violence, but of the law coming down on them. They need to know that the law is not on their side, and is staring them down. You know, like the rest of us feel when we encounter a cop.
Are you as worked up about burning and vandalized historical sites as you are about peaceful protests on highways?  I have no problem with people peacefully blocking traffic to send a message, but a big problem with vandalism, looting, and burning.  Different values, I guess.

How about being worked up about the systemic abuses by cops over, and over, and over, every FUCKING DAY? He didn’t give a shit until the repercussions threaten what he cares about: his property, and order.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Insert the old Chris rock “why do you want praise for doing your job?” What percentage of bad arrests, beatings etc is acceptable? And most importantly...what about EVERY COP WHO SEES AND ENABLES AND COVERS FOR THEM? Which is functionally all of them.
Yeah, minorities, what's the deal? Most of the time when we target your communities and arrest your people at rates exponentially higher than others, we do it non-violently!

Bingo.
Where do you get this shit?  I’ve never said anything of the sort. ALL PEOPLE have the right not to be murdered. 

But the thing is...we DON’T have that right. A right is only as good as 1) its existence, and 2) its enforcement. An unenforced right is no right at all. Again....that’s EXACTLY the point of these protests.
5. Stop calling people with whom you disagree pieces of shit

Naah. I’ll keep calling out people who are 1,000 times more concerned about 3 nights of disorder than they have been about decades of oppression and abuse. I mean, I encourage folks to STOP being pieces of shit, and to realize that we live in and benefit from a system of brutal apartheid that is functioning as designed.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every American - and definitely every clack American - has to be afraid when they interact with a cop.

Cops need to feel that fear. Not of violence, but of the law coming down on them. They need to know that the law is not on their side, and is staring them down. You know, like the rest of us feel when we encounter a cop.

How about being worked up about the systemic abuses by cops over, and over, and over, every FUCKING DAY? He didn’t give a shit until the repercussions threaten what he cares about: his property, and order.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Insert the old Chris rock “why do you want praise for doing your job?” What percentage of bad arrests, beatings etc is acceptable? And most importantly...what about EVERY COP WHO SEES AND ENABLES AND COVERS FOR THEM? Which is functionally all of them.

Bingo.

But the thing is...we DON’T have that right. A right is only as good as 1) its existence, and 2) its enforcement. An unenforced right is no right at all. Again....that’s EXACTLY the point of these protests.

Naah. I’ll keep calling out people who are 1,000 times more concerned about 3 nights of disorder than they have been about decades of oppression and abuse. I mean, I encourage folks to STOP being pieces of shit, and to realize that we live in and benefit from a system of brutal apartheid that is functioning as designed.

you need to run for mayor and clean this shit up.

the people in these cities should really vote the mayors and city councilmen out next time around.  their leaders have completely failed them.

Cool. I agree. We should demand of every candidate that they make this a top issue, not ignore it, and take real measures.

How do you feel about the elected officials who openly call for cops to rough up suspects?

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool. I agree. We should demand of every candidate that they make this a top issue, not ignore it, and take real measures.

How do you feel about the elected officials who openly call for cops to rough up suspects?

I'm for whatever is legal.