Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

14 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, minorities, what's the deal? Most of the time when we target your communities and arrest your people at rates exponentially higher than others, we do it non-violently!

That wasn't what I was saying at all. The point was made that you can skew people's opinions through selectively emphasizing certain events. Certainly there is police brutality in this country. The doctor who saved the police officers who were shot in Dallas several years ago spoke poignantly of his fears driving as a black man in the city. As for arresting minorities "at rates exponentially higher than others," I condemned that previously in this very thread and even talked about the underlying problems, which go beyond simple racism (as evidenced by the behavior of many black police officers). 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Has anything happened  to the other three officers at the Floyd murder?  I would think Officer Chauvin, and the other three once they are arrested, will be placed on suicide watch.  It’s gotta be a lot of pressure knowing you helped break the world.  All that guilt eats at a man.  Prison is cruel to people like that.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Has anything happened  to the other three officers at the Floyd murder?  I would think Officer Chauvin, and the other three once they are arrested, will be placed on suicide watch.  It’s gotta be a lot of pressure knowing you helped break the world.  All that guilt eats at a man.  Prison is cruel to people like that.  

Chauvin is already on suicide watch.  the other 3 haven't been arrested or charged yet that I am aware of. fired so far.

• Like 1

you need to run for mayor and clean this shit up.

I can actually do more good where I am. I won’t say more, because that ain’t your business.
I'm for whatever is legal. 

WTF does that even mean? Answer the question - what should we do with public officials who encourage the cops to commit acts of brutality?

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Naah. I’ll keep calling out people who are 1,000 times more concerned about 3 nights of disorder than they have been about decades of oppression and abuse. I mean, I encourage folks to STOP being pieces of shit, and to realize that we live in and benefit from a system of brutal apartheid that is functioning as designed.

You won't be successful encouraging people to stop being pieces of shit by calling them pieces of shit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  I have not once said protest shouldn’t happen.   I was typing that while on the phone earlier and meant to put ‘protestors’ but it autocorrected on me since I didn’t hit the second ‘    

there were videos in California yesterday & Friday of rioters stopping highway traffic and breaking people’s windows that were stuck in traffic and reports of rioters trying to pull people from their cars, just because they happened to be in the wrong area of the highway at the wrong time.   

thats bullshit.  That’s not protesting.  That’s rioting and getting toward lynching.  

Now that I understand what you meant, I agree with you.  My response was to those who are pissed that sections of highways were blocked of, by the authorities, for peaceful protests.  Those rioters who stopped traffic on open streets and attacked the vehicles and drivers need to be arrested and prosecuted. 

• Like 1

You won't be successful encouraging people to stop being pieces of shit by calling them pieces of shit.

Then fuck em. I learned long ago that no matter what the cause, you’ll never get everyone on board. You just have to run around or over some folks who will always oppose you. If you wait for all the shitty people to stop being shitty, you’ll never move forward.
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I can actually do more good where I am. I won’t say more, because that ain’t your business.

WTF does that even mean? Answer the question - what should we do with public officials who encourage the cops to commit acts of brutality?

no you can't do more good where you are.  the mayor is the leader of the city. don't they hire the police chief? isn't the problem the police?

no one should encourage acts of brutality by cops.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Then fuck em. I learned long ago that no matter what the cause, you’ll never get everyone on board. You just have to run around or over some folks who will always oppose you. If you wait for all the shitty people to stop being shitty, you’ll never move forward.

that I can agree with.

38 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Aren’t there like a shit ton of quotes showing Lincoln as a racist but only doing emancipation as a hindrance to the south? Or is that too much People’s History and incorrect?

Yeah let’s go ahead and cancel the greatest President our country has ever had and the man responsible for preserving the Union and ending slavery. Christ almighty 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Is this a quote from a cop’s tombstone?

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How about being worked up about the systemic abuses by cops over, and over, and over, every FUCKING DAY? He didn’t give a shit until the repercussions threaten what he cares about: his property, and order.

You are correct.  I got sidetracked on how the protests are happening, when I should have focused on the reason for them.

Guest Lobo
Just now, Incredulity said:

That is a fucking awesome plot twist 

I feel like it’s so obvious.  It’s a play on the show within the show, Tiger King.  It’s like when ‘Jerry’ gets cancelled inside the “Seinfeld” universe.  

I watch the news maybe once a week. And on this issue ignorance is king with me.

Was that cop a racists towards black men? It seems like he was a bad human but how did this become a race thing where a lot of black people hate white people more today vs last week?

Pretty sure 99% of white people think that this cop is trash and should spend the next 40 years to life in prison. I'm not getting the racism card here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yeah let’s go ahead and cancel the greatest President our country has ever had and the man responsible for preserving the Union and ending slavery. Christ almighty 

Yeah that gem left me pretty much speechless. Unreal.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

5-10 miles per hour should work just fine.  Anyone that doesn’t want to get their ass run over can move.  

I have no sympathy in dickheads blocking roads getting run over at slow speeds.  You don’t have to let them Reginald Denny you

Dude you’re a fucking psychopath 

• Like 2

Just now, markstanco said:

I watch the news maybe once a week. And on this issue ignorance is king with me.

Was that cop a racists towards black men? It seems like he was a bad human but how did this become a race thing where a lot of black people hate white people more today vs last week?

Pretty sure 99% of white people think that this cop is trash and should spend the next 40 years to life in prison. I'm not getting the racism card here.

He's got 18 complaints against him but not sure if it is 18 black complaints or where that ranks him with his former co-workers.  he's white, victim was black nothing else was needed.  he did apparently work off duty as a bouncer in a club and the owner said he was more active on african american nights and she had to talk to him about it.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Ahh riiiiiight.

We wouldn't want the neanderthals who support a racist, xenophobic, narcissistic psychopath to get their sensibilities offended by a justifiably angry tone of voice.

Well that's a great point if that's who you're talking to. Is that how you see the people you disagree with here? 

no you can't do more good where you are.  the mayor is the leader of the city. don't they hire the police chief? isn't the problem the police?

no one should encourage acts of brutality by cops.

Again, I’m not going to dox myself - I have tools that work in different circumstances with a larger pool who I can work with.

And we are presently led by someone who openly encouraged acts of police brutality, but you knew that.

Keep reading, Brisket just advocated running over folks.

I did? Interesting.

Like Kris Clack Americans?

I may just have to stand by that typo. Love me some Clack.

He's got 18 complaints against him but not sure if it is 18 black complaints or where that ranks him with his former co-workers.  he's white, victim was black nothing else was needed.  he did apparently work off duty as a bouncer in a club and the owner said he was more active on african american nights and she had to talk to him about it.
Wow, pretty sad on them keeping him on board then.

Still don't understand the other cities looting though.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Again, I’m not going to doc myself - I have tools that work in different circumstances with a larger pool who I can work with.
And we are presently led by someone who openly encouraged acts of police brutality, but you knew that.

I did? Interesting.

I may just have to stand by that typo. Love me some Clack.

whatever, you should get out there and be mayor so you can really change shit.  what are you talking about? who encouraged acts of police brutality?  

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I did? Interesting.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Those protesters have a right to block that street, sir.

whatever, you should get out there and be mayor so you can really change shit.  what are you talking about? who encouraged acts of police brutality?  

Nobody special. He said this. Out loud. To an audience of cops:

“Now, we're getting them [criminals] out anyway, but we'd like to get them out a lot faster, and when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, please don't be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody. Don't hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?”
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nobody special. He said this. Out loud. To an audience of cops:

“Now, we're getting them [criminals] out anyway, but we'd like to get them out a lot faster, and when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, please don't be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody. Don't hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?”

who said that? what an ass...