Minneapolis is Burning

F250

12 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

White guy looking to make things look bad and start some looting would not want to get arrested, but do as much damage as possible.   I can easily see where someone could break the glass out of a business, pry open the doors of a Target, then move on quickly.  Maybe down the block he tosses a molotov cocktail into the hardware store.  He's gone, long gone by the time the cops show up.  Who is there when the cops arrive to make arrests are locals who are committing burglary.  Notice how none of the arrests are for breaking and entering?   Because the fucker who did that is long gone.   Check out the vid in the tweet above to get the idea how it could go down.   

Therefore the arrest records could definitely be skewed to locals plundering, the instigators having fled already.  

Not saying plundering is good, nor arson, but to dismiss the idea of people from outside doing this shit because they weren't caught is pretty naive.

We are seeing this unfold all over the country, and the outsiders aren't of one ilk,  but of several, from both sides of the spectrum, apparently.  Making hasty snap judgments on spotty records/data is dangerous.  

I think we will see more to support this, but the 80% was a very ill advised shot in the dark.   From what I have seen some LEOs were tracking social media to get an idea what was headed their way, right?  

This one idiot basically caused a short-situation into something the police deemed a riot, who then reacted predictably.   

Exactly. We literally have footage of AutoZone Window Smasher acting in what appears to be non-scripted lit-match tossing.

There's multiple episodes throughout American history of riots that can be traced back to singular, pivotal acts. 

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

apparently, all the Minnesota fucktard politicians just spent this morning making shit up.  Kudos to them though walking it back now that the media ran with their narrative all day.

The fog of war is a saying for a reason 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

This guy sucks, but “you can de-escalate his dick” is being added to my list.

I'm here on the front lines to report that asking one's wife to "de-escalate my dick" does not pay off in a positive manner.

#courtyardbymarriott

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well shit, I just had one of those wtf facebook moments. I was having a decent discussion about this deal with a high school classmate and some yahoo I don't know jumped in to inform us that 80% of those causing the mayhem are out of state right wing fascists. I tried to show some restraint but had to ask if that info was gathered from their riot registration cards or an exit poll. 

• Like 1

Lots of hand-wringing about what's going on on the protester/looter/rioter side. The least important aspect of all this.
Focus on the cops and politicians. They are what matter here.
Well I think a lot of the videos are showing the police acting very poorly