Minneapolis is Burning

F250

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A fine idea:

102556934_1970964496368587_3393333547514

There's a big intersection of people who would hate this idea but who also say they love the free market and capitalism. I'd love to see it just to watch them try to untangle that web of their own intellectual dishonesty.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Some real tough guys in Bethel, Ohio. Triggered by a little girl with a sign.

As he spoke, Wayne Sulken, who’s lived in Bethel for almost 30 years, parked his pickup truck and got out. He listened to Karnes for a few minutes before speaking.

“I know it got ugly,” he said. “But there were thugs on both sides.”

Karnes and Sulken were on opposite sides of the protest, but they agreed on one thing Tuesday afternoon. Sort of.

“The worst thing is the impression the world is getting from Bethel,” Karnes said. “I’d say it was the actions of a few violent individuals.”

“On both sides,” Sulken said.

“Ahhhhh,” Karnes said, shaking his head. “I thought you might say that.”

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3207842001

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

As he spoke, Wayne Sulken, who’s lived in Bethel for almost 30 years, parked his pickup truck and got out. He listened to Karnes for a few minutes before speaking.

Karnes and Sulken were on opposite sides of the protest, but they agreed on one thing Tuesday afternoon. Sort of.

“The worst thing is the impression the world is getting from Bethel,” Karnes said. “I’d say it was the actions of a few violent individuals.”

I have two Harleys.  I've walked into multiple biker bars w/ anti-Trump shirts on and they don't say dick.  Cowards.  Pick on a girl but not a man you know will whip your ass.  Pussy motherfuckers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have two Harleys.  I've walked into multiple biker bars w/ anti-Trump shirts on and they don't say dick.  Cowards.  Pick on a girl but not a man you know will whip your ass.  Pussy motherfuckers. 

Feature, not a bug.  Biggest whiney turds in the punchbowl. 

It is exhausting to continually point this out, but it is relevant so often I do not see how its avoided.  Any man that would do that to a young female is a coward, and worthy of a truly righteous beatdown.  Saddest part of the video is the crowd cheering it on as someone is so clearly made a victim of a violent act.  Fuck them all to death.  (Also thats exactly the slice of life I would expect to see in Bethel, Ohio; truly an impressive collection of chuds and future/current diabetic amputees).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

"Racism isn't a problem here" says person from a 98% white town who gathers an armed posse together because black people might peacefully assemble on main street. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If I had to choose between Florida and Ohio, I'd take Florida.  At least they have beaches.  Otherwise, it's a push.  Ohio is the Florida of the Midwest.

It's Florida in a landslide.

Here's my post from another thread.

They're a Superfund site masquerading as a state and their chili sucks. They have the worst collection of professional sports teams in the nation, including the Bungles and the Browns who couldn't fucking wait to bolt for Baltimore, that's right Baltimore! Their baseball teams were either owned by racists (Schott) or are the most offensive mascot in sports. They won the lottery with LeBron being born there and even he couldn't fucking wait to bail, twice.  Their "premier" university's fans are fucking jorts wearing goons who can't even cheat properly. Their players had to hock memorabilia to pay for, not cars, drugs, or girls, but tattoos. 

They make Florida and Oklahoma look good by comparison.

We should have let the Cuyahoga burn the entire state to the ground.

Fuck Ohio. They're what Kentucky and West Virginia would be if they had access to the Great Lakes.

My dad grew up in the West Virginia panhandle right on the Ohio River and to this day still refers to people from there as “Ohio rats.”  The only thing you grew up doing there was drugs or working at Homer Laughlin. When he would take the bridge into Ohio he always flipped off the other lane of traffic and told me it’s to let them know where’s he from (giving the middle finger with your thumb out looks like WV). Trashy, but funny

so yea, fuck Ohio.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

My dad grew up in the West Virginia panhandle right on the Ohio River and to this day still refers to people from there as “Ohio rats.”  The only thing you grew up doing there was drugs or working at Homer Laughlin. When he would take the bridge into Ohio he always flipped off the other lane of traffic and told me it’s to let them know where’s he from (giving the middle finger with your thumb out looks like WV). Trashy, but funny

so yea, fuck Ohio.

West Virginia also sucks.

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yikes. shit's about to hit the fan

Jeez. If there are really going to be no charges filed that is an absolute joke. Bust into someone's house in middle of night, never announce who you are and kill a sleeping woman.

Just a crock of shit. Just unreal that the DA isn't going to find any fault with the police. (if indeed that is what transpires)

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Jeez. If there are really going to be no charges filed that is an absolute joke. Bust into someone's house in middle of night, never announce who you are and kill a sleeping woman.

Just a crock of shit. Just unreal that the DA isn't going to find any fault with the police. (if indeed that is what transpires)

if that happens my guess is Louisville gets burned to the ground. and deservedly so

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It may well be that the DA is stuck with what the law IS, not what it should be.

What it tells us is that our laws are fucked, and we need to change the hell out of them.  Change the laws on no-knocks -- create a rebuttal presumption that any deadly force used against a person who did not 1) announce that they were law enforcement and 2) allow a reasonable amount of time for the occupant to process that announcement and not resist entry, is a legal act of self-defense.  Put the cops at legal risk, and they'll be a lot pickier about using no-knocks.  Oh, and mandate that a rebuttal requires unedited video evidence.  No other evidence will be admitted without unedited video.

If the law in Kentucky is (functionally) that a cop can do whatever they think necessary to protect themselves during a no-knock raid, then this was the outcome to be expected.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Some real tough guys in Bethel, Ohio. Triggered by a little girl with a sign.

omg... all of those videos... that might be the most grotesque display yet. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!! 

and that young girl is FIRE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

don't think that's gonna be enough:

Fired and he'll just move to Lexington and get to kill more people.

I would not want to have a business in downtown Louisville right now.  They're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks.

Yep, dipshits don't understand that when much of the country is done being infuriated about murder after murder of innocent black men...the focus will turn to other types of corruption/unethical practices like destroying/manipulating/planting evidence, lying under oath/lying during investigations, unethical arrangements with the D.A.'s offices, all that kind of procedural/evidentiary/judicial shitshows. 

And then after that, we'll turn to financial corruption, bribery, extortion, etc.  The number of LEO's on the take, and the amount of money involved, in the drug trade would  break our entire system (all due respect to BLM).  Our Rule of Law & Legal System works pretty well as a benchmark to the rest of the world, EXCEPT when it comes to the drug war.  I'm not talking about a police officer that takes a bribe to look the other way on a personal use possession situation.  I'm talking about hundreds of millions of dollars given out each year to myriad agencies and officers in order to assist the flow of drugs around our country.  Getting it across the border is one thing, that's heavily publicized and scrutinized.  But believe it or not, Clint Eastwood doesn't mule the shit around the country, police do that at the wholesale levels, or more specifically they facilitate private citizens to do that under their protection.  Then when small offenders are caught with smaller amounts, they get to pull civil forfeiture, charge outrageous bails, clog up courts with small-time dealers, collect millions in court costs and fees, and feed the private prison industry.  So the whole cycle repeats itself.  If this network and self-fulfilling circle of fraud was revealed to the public, it would break our criminal justice system in half.  Or so it was explained to me by a really talkative Chip Brown in the third stall of Bob Popular's years ago.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yep, dipshits don't understand that when much of the country is done being infuriated about murder after murder of innocent black men...the focus will turn to other types of corruption/unethical practices like destroying/manipulating/planting evidence, lying under oath/lying during investigations, unethical arrangements with the D.A.'s offices, all that kind of procedural/evidentiary/judicial shitshows. 

I don’t have that much faith in our attention span, but maybe this time is different. 

• Like 1

^
I agree with that sentiment.  The modicum of confidence I have that we'll get serious about that other stuff I mentioned is most unattentive Americans can wrap their mind around this simple notion, "If they are capable of murdering black men in plain view of dozens of people, they're probably capable of fucking with evidence and lying in court to save their asses."  

But yeah, I guess now that I type that, most "law & order in 'Murica folks, hear about another senseless death at the hands of the police, hear that the bodycams weren't on/footage is not available/etc. foolishly think, "Yeah, that checks out.  I'm always having problems with the camera on my phone.  I get it man, gotta back the blue!"  

so yea, fuck Ohio.

I’ve been there. It’s worse than you say.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Should Tulsa get its own thread?  Feels like it's gonna be bad.

Wouldn't be the first time a Longhorn website had to spin off a conversation about something shitty in Oklahoma.  Didn't we have a thread not just about Bob Stoops, but specifically about him and a bag of dicks?  There's a big back of dicks coming to Tulsa AND it has political implications to our nation beyond football, so maybe we should.  It's gonna be a long 24 hours there.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t have that much faith in our attention span, but maybe this time is different. 

For the good of the country we need the virus to keep sports and almost all entertainment shut down for another year. Keep people focused on what's important right now and that's finally coming to the realization that despite all the pro America propaganda that gets filled into your head on a daily basis you are living in a pseudo authoritarian police state devoid of actual freedom and very limited rights. 

The Matrix was absolutely a perfect metaphor for American bullshit. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

For the good of the country we need the virus to keep sports and almost all entertainment shut down for another year. Keep people focused on what's important right now and that's finally coming to the realization that despite all the pro America propaganda that gets filled into your head on a daily basis you are living in a pseudo authoritarian police state devoid of actual freedom and very limited rights. 

The Matrix was absolutely a perfect metaphor for American bullshit. 

So keeping the country as shut down as possible could/would have a political motivation?

You don’t say?!?🤪