Spurs vs Warriors

Goo Punch

This feels weird saying, but I can promise you that Golden State was ecstatic to draw San Antonio. Absolute best possible matchup in round 1. The Spurs are disciplined and solid defensively...but they just can't score. I said it in a different thread, but this series will likely go how a potential Sixers/Celtics series would. Defense and discipline only go far; eventually you need finishers. The over/under for the game is 205. That's insanely low.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This feels weird saying, but I can promise you that Golden State was ecstatic to draw San Antonio. Absolute best possible matchup in round 1. The Spurs are disciplined and solid defensively...but they just can't score. I said it in a different thread, but this series will likely go how a potential Sixers/Celtics series would. Defense and discipline only go far; eventually you need finishers. The over/under for the game is 205. That's insanely low.

At this point 205 is about right.  

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

GSG! Golden State Go

I wanted to say that in the other thread but it wasn't the time or place.  

I have degrees from both WSU and Texas so it's easy to root for GSW with KD and KT.  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It would be a totally different 1st round matchup if Kawhi Leonard were healthy to play in the playoffs...

8 minutes ago, Kermit said:

He quit. Dude can’t even show up to support his teammates.

I haven't been following it that closely, but that's why I asked.  I'm really surprised Kawhi's not getting more shit nationally for being such a pussy - this is no different from Derrick Rose "I need my muscle memory back" a few years ago and Rose was, and still is, crucified for that.

What Kawhi is doing here (or not doing) would be damn near an unforgivable sin if I were a Spurs fan.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

I haven't been following it that closely, but that's why I asked.  I'm really surprised Kawhi's not getting more shit nationally for being such a pussy - this is no different from Derrick Rose "I need my muscle memory back" a few years ago and Rose was, and still is, crucified for that.

What Kawhi is doing here (or not doing) would be damn near an unforgivable sin if I were a Spurs fan.

If SA was NY, LA, or CI he would, but it's not.  

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Since his camp & Kawhi himself hasn't said anything, it makes it harder to give a hot take on ESPN when they don't have a sound bite of him giving an excuse for bailing...

Yeah, but no one is going to feel sorry for them either. It’s been a good run, but a rebuild is necessary now that Kawhi is probably gone. And honestly, it’s the correct move. Kawhi will take up such a huge cap number that fielding a competent team around him would be incredibly difficult.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, I have this series going 5 and that solely out of respect for Pop.   SA is done.

I didn’t even know Game 1 was this afternoon. Didn’t have time to see it anyway. But I’d have been shocked had it been close at all. SA can’t score and can’t hold a critical lead on the road against teams far more pedestrian than GS. I have no idea what’s going on with Kawhi, Pop’s wine cellar, Manu’s going-away party or anything else, but I do know this is one frighteningly bad bunch of guys we’re trotting out there. If it goes five games, it will be because Kerr didn’t want to crush Pop again. No game figures to be closer than 15. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

The Lakers probably have the merchandise to get Kawhi. The Clippers, not so much. Trading him to the Lakers would really, really suck though.

Clips do have 2 lottery picks this yr.   No players.   unless they wanna do a S&T for Deandre Jordan