Raptors and Wizards

Goo Punch

14 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

the Wiz are the best 8th seed i've seen in years. How are they the 8th seed? They're loaded, mature and have very good execution.

It has been said that they play up or down to the competition.  If true (I haven't looked thru their schedule to see how they did against good vs bad teams), then that would indicate to me a coaching issue. 

Edited by Whitman
x

3 hours ago, Whitman said:

It has been said that they play up or down to the competition.  If true (I've haven't looked thru their schedule to see how they did against good vs bad teams), then that would indicated to me a coaching issue. 

They are not a smart team and they have NO system.   Brooks moved to WAS and ran the same system he did in OKC which is nothing.   Give the ball to his superstars and let them make something happen.   So yes, coaching is huge problem

13 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

john wall only played in 41 games.

and this.

Additionally, I think its time to break Wall/Beal up too.

13 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

the Wiz are the best 8th seed i've seen in years. How are they the 8th seed? They're loaded, mature and have very good execution.

Don't discount the fact that the Raps are one of the worst #1 seeds though.

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't the Wizards play pretty well without Wall?

Yes they did.   Dont know the exact record but Otto Porter in particular played much better w/o Wall.    He gets almost no opps with Wall back.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

they were 20-21 when wall didn't play.  real world beaters they were.

Interesting.   I thought it was better than that.   All the talking heads talked about was how well they were playing while he was out.

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Interesting.   I thought it was better than that.   All the talking heads talked about was how well they were playing while he was out.

when he suffered the big injury that kept him out for a long time they started off pretty hot, but tailed off the longer he was out because, shockingly, they are definitely not better without him.