76ers vs Heat

Machinator

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Not at all. Embiid out for who knows how long, inexperienced stars, and we don't know how the 76ers will do with the slower pace of the playoffs.

Agreed. And Spoelstra is not a terrible coach and I trust the Heat a little more. The real test is when the Sixers go on the road in the playoffs. So many I have seen are automatically putting the Sixers into the ECF. They very well may do it but I am always cautious about teams who are made up of no playoff experience. Should be a fun series either way. First year I can remember in a long time where I am more interested in the East 1st round than the West. The West matchups outside of OKC/Utah do nothing for me.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

I love watching Simmons.

Simmons is such a different player from what he was in his one year in college. I vaguely remember him playing well for maybe the first few games with LSU, but by the time conference season rolled in he clearly shut it down. Dude plays a beautiful brand of basketball. Which is really something considering he cant shoot a lick. 

I know a lot of people just fawn over him but I really don’t like listening to Hubie Brown. He never. stops. talking. And, he uses so many filler words, and says so many unnecessary phrases, “now just watch right here” for one), it’s just a beating. He’s also a referee apologist. I just don’t like him as an announcer.

Edited by Goo Punch

Just now, Goo Punch said:

I know a lot of people just fawn over him but I really don’t like listening to Hubie Brown. He never. stops. talking. And, he uses so many filler words, and says so many unnecessary phrases, “now just watch right here” for one), it’s just a beating. He’s also a referee apologist. I just don’t like him as an announcer.

Nobody fawns over him anymore. He is well past his prime.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I know a lot of people just fawn iver him but I really don’t like listening to Hubie Brown. He never. stops. talking. And, he uses so many filler words, and says so many unnecessary phrases, “now just watch right here” for one), it’s just a beating. He’s also a referee apologist. I just don’t like him as an announcer.

Ok, see. This is where you are wrong. You need to listen to what he is saying. Then you need to understand that he is 110 years old.  But ultimately, he is an announcer. That is just a fact.  

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

Ok, see. This is where you wrong. You need to listen to what he is saying. Then you need to understand that he is 110 years old.  But ultimately, he is an announcer. That is just a fact.  

Yeah, just watch right here- he starts his post with the word “Ok”, follows it up with a comma, and then says “see”. He uses his words to complete full sentences, and in the end, textbook post. And here’s a guy who has +51 reputation points in the short time that he’s been at surly. He was pretty funny when he posted for Shaggy, and now you see him doing the same thing here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah... Redick, Belineli and Ilyasova are definitely enough to get the job done. That was an anomaly three point shooting last night but those guys can stroke it. They are going to have to learn how to get stops going down the stretch but they are very difficult to defend between Simmons making plays, Embiid doing his thing and quality shooters to give them spacing to work. 

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Going into the season this was their big worry. What did they end up shooting from 3pt land for the season?

not sure of the percentage but they were around 18th in the league.   Middle of the pack.