Hispanic Houston man found hanging from a tree

Pancho

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fuck all of you in this fucking thread. I just got finished admonishing some moron on FB for jumping to conclusions without evidence, and then I have to come here and watch this shit play out over 4 pages from a bunch of people who are supposed to be smarter than the average FB rube. 

Pancho fucked up, but I’ll be goddamn if he didnt come back and own it, unlike other posters. He jumped to dangerous conclusions at a very dangerous time in America. And he didn’t verify facts. That sucks.

Meanwhile the rest of you pile jumping fuckfaces are too busy flipping the bat as you trot repeatedly around the bases to show any kind of empathy and understanding as to why the guy is sensitive and prone to jumping to the worst fucking conclusions right now in America.  Posting for patience and caution to wait for more details is absolutely the right thing to do. Doing it in the most hateful, caustic John Lawrence et al manner was unnecessary and just fucking shitty. Fuck you guys too. This could have been a good learning moment for everyone but instead you’ve just been being inhuman shits who are concerned more with being right than being helpful again shows the worst tendencies we all have on whatever political spectrum you lie upon. Fuck everyone in this fucking thread. 

do better cocksuckers. If you don’t there won’t be anything left of this country for anyone on either side. By the way it sucks that a mentally ill hispanic man might have hung himself. Not that anyone here gives a fuck about that anymore. 

Edited by Casual Encounter
NM

29 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

C'mon man, you might have said hanging, but you're for damn sure inferring a lynching.

No I didn't.  In fact, I debated about whether to put hanging or lynching in the title and opted with hanging. 

But keep trying to "catch me" as that's what you think you do best. 

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fuck all of you in this fucking thread. I just got finished admonishing some moron on FB for jumping to conclusions without evidence, and then I have to come here and watch this shit play out over 4 pages from a bunch of people who are supposed to be smarter than the average FB rube. 

Pancho fucked up, but I’ll be goddamn if he didnt come back and own it, unlike other posters. He jumped to dangerous conclusions at a very dangerous time in America. And he didn’t verify facts. That sucks.

Meanwhile the rest of you pile jumping fuckfaces are too busy flipping the bat as you trot repeatedly around the bases to show any kind of empathy and understanding as to why the guy is sensitive and prone to jumping to the worst fucking conclusions right now in America.  Posting for patience and caution to wait for more details is absolutely the right thing to do. Doing it in the most hateful, caustic John Lawrence et al manner was unnecessary and just fucking shitty. Fuck you guys too. This could have been a good learning moment for everyone but instead you’ve just been being inhuman shits who are concerned more with being right than being helpful again shows the worst tendencies we all have on whatever political spectrum you lie upon. Fuck everyone in this fucking thread. 

do better cocksuckers. If you don’t there won’t be anything left of this country for anyone on either side. By the way it sucks that a mentally ill hispanic man might have hung himself. Not that anyone here gives a fuck about that anymore. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This, all of it.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No I didn't.  In fact, I debated about whether to put hanging or lynching in the title and opted with hanging. 

Trying to catch you ?  You aren't running that fast my friend, it's not hard. You mean lynch stop trying to walk that back. 

Yep, both to your post and Sydney's.
A good rule of thumb is that if a story particularly resonates with the viewpoint you're most sympathetic to, PARTICULARLY if that story is high on the inflammatory scale (examples from opposite ends of the spectrum: 1) another lynching! and 2) Antifa has set up a militarized "no-go" zone in Seattle!).....take a breath, and dig in to the facts, including specifically SEEKING OUT sources and information that would be contrary to your sympathetic position.  In other words, look for facts and reasons why this may NOT be true.  If you do that search...and do NOT find any refutation, then, it's serious shit.
A good example of that is the initial stories on the George Floyd murder.  First came the stories and video, which were inflammatory as hell.  So, take a breath....and see what else you can find out about the encounter.....and.....holy shit, it's actually about as bad as it looks and appeared at first.  Another way to do this is simply to wait until the story is processed by outfits that do a good job of fact-checking and not just jumping on a story: if the Economist writes a piece about it, you can read it and be confident that they didn't bite on a single inflammatory tweet.
Posting and re-tweeting stories "reported" by people with an obvious agenda (and there are plenty on "both sides"), WITHOUT fact-checking or digging in, is not just foolish, it's harmful to the social dialogue and our strength as a country.  And it's easy to do in tense times with fast-moving facts and stories.  But take a breath....wait even a couple of hours, and we often find out the facts that get us much closer to the complete story.

625fb011381dfd9957a255b127357ad7.gif
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Dude you fucking typed lynching at least once. Shut the fuck up....you're disappointment is shining through every post you make.

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I definitely didn't see the Sydney face turn coming

Then you haven't been paying attention. I'm chaotic neutral. And more than that, an equal opportunist when it comes to calling bullshit and people's shitheadery.

The good news is only about 50% of the posts since mine have contained the same kind of myopic, you vs. me bullshit. So, you know, we're making exactly zero fucking progress. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Then you haven't been paying attention. I'm chaotic neutral. And more than that, an equal opportunist when it comes to calling bullshit and people's shitheadery.

The good news is only about 50% of the posts since mine have contained the same kind of myopic, you vs. me bullshit. So, you know, we're making exactly zero fucking progress. 

Dude.....America being only 50% asshole would be a HUGE improvement - it would mean that we took the other 49%* who are assholes out of the game.

* I'm presuming that 1% of the population is in a coma, brain damaged to the point of incapacity, etc., so they aren't assholes.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chaotic neutral...hmmm, mind if I use that?

This one was not a lynching - Pancho apologized for rushing to judgement.  I also rushed to judgement on this one.  The 2 California ones are so suspicious, the feds have stepped in. 

Quick reminder that a sitting Republican U.S. senator is holding up a federal anti-lynching bill because reasons

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Chaotic neutral...hmmm, mind if I use that?

By all means, my man. It's hardly mine to coin and mint. 

Chaotic Neutral. A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This one was not a lynching - Pancho apologized for rushing to judgement.  I also rushed to judgement on this one.  The 2 California ones are so suspicious, the feds have stepped in. 

Quick reminder that a sitting Republican U.S. senator is holding up a federal anti-lynching bill because reasons

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Lynched. They were lynched. We have to say it. 

You’ve already called the California ones lynchings. So you rushed to judgment on all three. 

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Shut the fuck up and stop peddling your fucking partisan bullshit game of spiderman pointing in this goddamn thread. You and everyone else playing finger pointing bingo. 

A guy died in Houston. Not far from where I live. It doesn't seem to be related to other suspicious hanging deaths that have happened in various parts of the US at this time. Why don't you make a Rand Paul Likes Lynching thread in the fucking cloak room where it fucking belongs. God forbid some actual news be shared on this this thread.

Fuck it, @immamac I guess it's cloak room ready. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chaotic Neutral. A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions.

Damn, I had never heard that before and figured it was a SC original.  Thanks for the knowledge.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Quick reminder that a sitting Republican U.S. senator is holding up a federal anti-lynching bill because reasons.

One of the leading proponents for criminal justice reform has issues related to a federal crime being overly broad.  Has nothing to the with party - everything to due with trying limit the unintended consequences of another federal crime law.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dungeons and Dragons. Here ya go, since this conversation is more interesting than the fucking shit flinging most people want to engage in:

d0cab753ba712b28adc105463feddbdd.jpg

Just now, workswithseed said:

Dungeons and Dragons

Lol, OK, recognize the name dungeons and dragons, but not the"DND".  Never played it or knew anything about it.  I'm old, tried to slay one back in the day and that's about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

One of the leading proponents for criminal justice reform has issues related to a federal crime being overly broad.  Has nothing to the with party - everything to due with trying limit the unintended consequences of another federal crime law.  

Nooooooo... that can't be it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes, let me be shamed in to coming back to a thread I jumped to conclusions regarding. On my way back out, let me fart in your general direction with some more conclusions I have no actual knowledge of.  That's your game ?  Recant 5 pages later, and then throw more shit back in that has no actual factual back up.....

• Like 2

Is it like double secret probation where someone that lynches someone else gets charged with super duper hate crime murder one? Will they get 4 life sentences or be executed twice in states that have the death penalty?

I think that we can all agree that lynching is horrific and evil, but do we need another law to cover hate crime murders? Just asking?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Lol, OK, recognize the name dungeons and dragons, but not the"DND".  Never played it or knew anything about it.  I'm old, tried to slay one back in the day and that's about it.

If you ever get a chance, you should play. A game where the rules don't matter as long as your buzzed and having fun.

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

Everything I’m seeing says Black. If he was Hispanic, that still warrants outrage.

cant we just be outraged that a life was loss, or is the outrage on level with color of skin, the darker the more outrage.  

fucking A 2020 can fuck itself already 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jordan Peele Thank You GIF

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Trying to catch you ?  You aren't running that fast my friend, it's not hard. You mean lynch stop trying to walk that back. 

No I didn't.  But you're apparently inside my head and know what I mean so....

If I meant lynched I would have typed that.  But keep making shit up, very on brand. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have no reason to not own to jumping to a conclusion.  I messed up and should do better.  My fault and I thought I pretty well made that clear in this thread, but got neg bomb for doing that.  Fucked up so bad I had to have some whiskey on a Monday night. 

• Like 3

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

OK brah, you walk back your comments if that makes you feel better.

There is no walking back of comments when I never said lynching. This is something that you're making up in your mind to make yourself sound right.  It's pretty disturbing.

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No I didn't.  But you're apparently inside my head and know what I mean so....

If I meant lynched I would have typed that.  But keep making shit up, very on brand. 

Pancho, you earned a little forgiveness with your walk back but now you are losing it with your stubborn insistence they you didn’t mean or say lynching. Especially when this post exists

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

There is video on social media of the Houston lynching.  I cannot bring myself to post it. 

I’m editing this post because the above isn’t clear:  There’s a video of the body hanging, not of the act itself. 

Why didn’t you replace the word “lynching” with your edit if that wasn’t clear to you?

Edited by TonyTexas

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I have no reason to not own to jumping to a conclusion.  I messed up and should do better.  My fault and I thought I pretty well made that clear in this thread, but got neg bomb for doing that.  Fucked up so bad I had to have some whiskey on a Monday night. 

Monday night, Friday night.  They’re all the same these days 

• Like 2