COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

OK, so 2000 confrontations, but how many arrests? I know they have security, but I said “armed” security. I’m guessing most HEB’s don’t have that and until you put some teeth behind the policy, a bunch of baggers and checkout clerks yelling at anti-maskers isn’t going to do shit. I’ve routinely watched HEB employees turn a blind eye to plenty of maskless people they could’ve confronted. 
All the Hebs I've been to in Houston have off duty cops. East Austin the same. Even the Far West location has APD by the exit which I always found odd.

7 hours ago, Newdoc said:

They breathe and breed. No Darwin effect here. They've already passed the genes and the behavior to their offspring. Lucky us.

And this genius in the video has no idea about federal law and refusal of service. It's a general policy that is applied to all customers and does not discriminate against a federal protected class.

HAHAHA, holy shit he really believes he has a right to enter that store, and that they can't deny him access to private property.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMFFq7KF0yz/

The struggle is real, man.

I've dealt with so many ant-maskers over the past year that I've lost count. The toughest stretch was between the start of this whole mess and the day that Trump came out finally and wore a mask himself. After that things evened out a little.

We tried all sorts of things. We offered to put anti-maskers and their families on private tours for an exclusive price. That worked sometimes. Other times there was absolutely no way to make them happy. I totally lost my shit one day when a dude who refused to wear a mask was also open-carry, and stubbornly aggressive about it all. Worst part about it was our employees, who freaked out and damn near walked out over the implied threat.

Yesterday a guy showed up who presented the old ADA bullshit card for me to check out. I was like, "nah, put that away. Wear a mask or come back when all of this is over. Check our website for when we drop the masking requirement." He wanted to argue and I had none of it. The guy left.

To me this is like going to that friend's house whose mother required you to take off your shoes at the door. A minor inconvenience but those were the rules at her house so you just did it. It still depresses me how many of our fellow human beings out there will not do even the slightest something to even possibly keep someone from getting sick. It's nuts.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

In McKinney.
A mask-less Trader Joe's customer in Texas had a meltdown after being denied entry — and it reveals how states' new rules endanger workers
https://www.businessinsider.com/mask-less-trader-joes-meltdown-texas-rules-impact-workers-2021-3
(Edit: Tried to embed - didn't work.)
"I'm being illegally detained." No sir, you are free to fuck right off. Just don't come into the store.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

The struggle is real, man.

I've dealt with so many ant-maskers over the past year that I've lost count. The toughest stretch was between the start of this whole mess and the day that Trump came out finally and wore a mask himself. After that things evened out a little.

We tried all sorts of things. We offered to put anti-maskers and their families on private tours for an exclusive price. That worked sometimes. Other times there was absolutely no way to make them happy. I totally lost my shit one day when a dude who refused to wear a mask was also open-carry, and stubbornly aggressive about it all. Worst part about it was our employees, who freaked out and damn near walked out over the implied threat.

Yesterday a guy showed up who presented the old ADA bullshit card for me to check out. I was like, "nah, put that away. Wear a mask or come back when all of this is over. Check our website for when we drop the masking requirement." He wanted to argue and I had none of it. The guy left.

To me this is like going to that friend's house whose mother required you to take off your shoes at the door. A minor inconvenience but those were the rules at her house so you just did it. It still depresses me how many of our fellow human beings out there will not do even the slightest something to even possibly keep someone from getting sick. It's nuts.

Yeah, the antimaskers who try to bully the store staff are unAmerican assholes who can be charged with trespassing on private property. He wouldn’t like it if I took a shit on his front porch.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

In McKinney.

A mask-less Trader Joe's customer in Texas had a meltdown after being denied entry — and it reveals how states' new rules endanger workers

https://www.businessinsider.com/mask-less-trader-joes-meltdown-texas-rules-impact-workers-2021-3

(Edit: Tried to embed - didn't work.)

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Haha these people are too stupid to breathe. I feel sorry for the employees. 

10 hours ago, Newdoc said:

They breathe and breed. No Darwin effect here. They've already passed the genes and the behavior to their offspring. Lucky us.

And this genius in the video has no idea about federal law and refusal of service. It's a general policy that is applied to all customers and does not discriminate against a federal protected class.

That dude clearly has some serious mental health issues.  He started speaking in French for no reason in the middle of it.  The real kicker is that he's from California and came to Texas to throw that baby hissy fit.

Outside of someone who permanently needs an oxygen mask/tank and therefore can't really wear another mask properly, what the fuck kind of disability prevents someone from wearing a mask?  I just assume that assholes like this make that shit up.  I feel bad for his kids.

Another good day for Travis County. 113 cases today. One thing that is weird is that we have not had a single case in the >80 year old + category over the past three days. I am not sure if that group is bagging it and is just getting vaccinated or if they are not bothering to get tested. 24 new admits today & 220 people hospitalized.

Age Bracket <1 1 to 9 10 to 19 20 to 29 30 to 39 40 to 49 50 to 59 60 to 69 70 to 79 >80 Total
New Cases 3/9 vs 3/8 1 6 7 33 23 14 12 11 6 0 113
% of Daily Change 0.88% 5.31% 6.19% 29.20% 20.35% 12.39% 10.62% 9.73% 5.31% 0.00%  
% of Total Cases 0.57% 4.13% 10.10% 25.56% 20.86% 15.07% 11.44% 6.76% 3.31% 2.19%  
  • Hook 'Em 6

That dude clearly has some serious mental health issues.  He started speaking in French for no reason in the middle of it.  The real kicker is that he's from California and came to Texas to throw that baby hissy fit.
Outside of someone who permanently needs an oxygen mask/tank and therefore can't really wear another mask properly, what the fuck kind of disability prevents someone from wearing a mask?  I just assume that assholes like this make that shit up.  I feel bad for his kids.

About 6 months ago at the QT by my house, a lady at the front of the line was insisting that she had a medical issue prohibiting her from wearing a mask. Once they said,” we will go ahead and serve you today, but in the future please wear one or have someone else do your shopping.”

Her reply, verbatim:

“Thanks so much. Can I also get 3 packs of Marlboro light menthols?”
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

The same disability that requires somebody to order a fake service dog vest off of Amazon and slap it on their dog, so they can take their precious "child" into any store?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

One thing that is weird is that we have not had a single case in the >80 year old + category over the past three days. I am not sure if that group is bagging it and is just getting vaccinated or if they are not bothering to get tested.

Or we killed off enough of them that there aren't many left?

Last night, 12 hours before the school day starts we get an email from Comal ISD stating they're reversing course and allowing parental choice during a PUBLIC health crisis regarding mask wearing. Why can't these fucks wear cloth for 10 more fucking weeks? How hard is it.

32 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Last night, 12 hours before the school day starts we get an email from Comal ISD stating they're reversing course and allowing parental choice during a PUBLIC health crisis regarding mask wearing. Why can't these fucks wear cloth for 10 more fucking weeks? How hard is it.

Are you referring to the kids as fucks?

38 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Thank you very much.  Hard to believe it’s been almost a year that I’ve been tracking this stupid thing. Through some definite highs and lows for sure. 

I've been following this stuff since 2019, but I've gotten sick of talking about it. My post count on the subject has died faster than the disease. With that said, can the rest of you guys hurry up and get vaccinated so I can limit my mask wearing to working hours? Thanks, I'd really like a cocktail and mixed SW platter at Ranch 616.

• Hook 'Em 1

So the state is opening eligibility for vaccines to all of those who are 50-64 years old starting 3/15.  
Still no mention of essential workers... 

The number of people between 50-64 that want the vaccine and aren’t otherwise 1B or eligible though work is probably not a huge number.
  • Hook 'Em 1

227 cases today in Travis County (up ~40 from a week ago same day). 21 admits which is good to see and 217 hospitalized. Still on track to drop <200 in the hospital by early next week. I do expect a Spring Break case bounce but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. (and it shouldn't materially impact hospitalizations)

New Cases 3/10 vs 3/9 3 15 31 75 41 26 15 11 5 5 227
% of Daily Change 1.32% 6.61% 13.66% 33.04% 18.06% 11.45% 6.61% 4.85% 2.20% 2.20%  
% of Total Cases 0.57% 4.14% 10.12% 25.58% 20.85% 15.06% 11.43% 6.75% 3.31% 2.19%  
  • Hook 'Em 2

149 cases today in Travis County with 17 admits. Only 202 people hospitalized - creeping up on being <200 again, barring some egregious admit numbers over next couple of days which will be a great milestone. It's been since 11/17 since we have been <200 people hospitalized. Nice low numbers at the upper age groups.

Age Bracket <1 1 to 9 10 to 19 20 to 29 30 to 39 40 to 49 50 to 59 60 to 69 70 to 79 >80 Total
New Cases 3/11 vs 3/10 0 7 15 49 32 22 12 10 1 1 149
% of Daily Change 0.00% 4.70% 10.07% 32.89% 21.48% 14.77% 8.05% 6.71% 0.67% 0.67%  
% of Total Cases 0.57% 4.14% 10.12% 25.59% 20.85% 15.06% 11.42% 6.75% 3.30% 2.19%  
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

149 cases today in Travis County with 17 admits. Only 202 people hospitalized - creeping up on being <200 again, barring some egregious admit numbers over next couple of days which will be a great milestone. It's been since 11/17 since we have been <200 people hospitalized. Nice low numbers at the upper age groups.

New Cases 3/11 vs 3/10 0 7 15 49 32 22 12 10 1 1 149
% of Daily Change 0.00% 4.70% 10.07% 32.89% 21.48% 14.77% 8.05% 6.71% 0.67% 0.67%  
% of Total Cases 0.57% 4.14% 10.12% 25.59% 20.85% 15.06% 11.42% 6.75% 3.30% 2.19%  

Looks like we are squeezing down into teh low risk 20-49 range in sync with vax roll out. 

masks are so 2020
Screenshot-2021-03-10-Texarkana-Gazette-Facebook.png

What makes this even more ridiculous is the fact that Red Lick had the highest rate of infection out of all the school districts in North East Texas. Just a few weeks ago they had half a class “out sick”. Fucking ass clowns.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Austin getting sued by the state AG for the mask mandate.  Austin says state laws allow them to have it and will see the state in court.  
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/i-will-sue-you-texas-ag-ken-paxton-gives-city-of-austin-deadline-to-rescind-mask-mandate/

Worth it even if it only buys the city a few extra weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2