Cavs vs Pacers

Machinator

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I seem to have missed where someone said he was the only one. I thought since he was playing in the game for which this thread is named it seemed appropriate to mention.

calling it "patented" intimates that, no?

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Remember that trade of Paul George for Oladipo and Sabonis, where the Pacers got fleeced?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/07/01/victor-oladipo-domantas-sabonis-all-indiana-got-paul-george/445305001/

Yeah, not so much. Victor is about to step up to the next level. 

When keeping it real goes wrong.

• Like 1

Cleveland fans are giving LeBron’s effort a standing ovation but they are tripping with no map if they think that LeBron is going to will them to anything this year. He’s going as hard as I’ve ever seen him play and yet the rest of his team is doing nothing. Nothing.

• Like 1

Yeah, that interview was uncomfortable as fuck. One of the benefits of being a nobody is you don't get shit like that sprung on you. Geez.

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Cleveland fans are giving LeBron’s effort a standing ovation but they are tripping with no map if they think that LeBron is going to will them to anything this year. He’s going as hard as I’ve ever seen him play and yet the rest of his team is doing nothing. Nothing.

Forty-four minutes and a triple-double Sunday, 40 minutes and almost half the team's points and rebounds tonight ... how do his teammates not feel guilty?

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

For the first time, I'm truly doubting that this team can make the Finals.

I said back on Shaggy that I hoped that someone other than the Cavs would make the Finals--even if I didn't think it was likely--just for variety's sake.  Then, I thought about it and walked it back.  I wanted one more year of the best player on the planet taking on a superteam, with all that talent sharing the same court.  Now, I'm back to my original instinct.

We all know exactly how a Cleveland v. GS/Houston Finals will go: Kevin Love will have a couple of nice 18 and 10 games while being picked on defensively, the Cavs defense will largely by overwhelmed, and LeBron will be brilliant and unguardable...and it won't be enough.  Probably not even close to enough.  I couldn't possibly care less right now about seeing Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood in the NBA Finals.

Conversely, even if a different Eastern representative will almost certainly still lose, maybe we'd get to see a 40/20 game from Embiid or an out-of-nowhere 4th quarter from Fred Van Vleet.  Just something new would be fun.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I said back on Shaggy that I hoped that someone other than the Cavs would make the Finals--even if I didn't think it was likely--just for variety's sake.  Then, I thought about it and walked it back.  I wanted one more year of the best player on the planet taking on a superteam, with all that talent sharing the same court.  Now, I'm back to my original instinct.

We all know exactly how a Cleveland v. GS/Houston Finals will go: Kevin Love will have a couple of nice 18 and 10 games while being picked on defensively, the Cavs defense will largely by overwhelmed, and LeBron will be brilliant and unguardable...and it won't be enough.  Probably not even close to enough.  I couldn't possibly care less right now about seeing Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood in the NBA Finals.

Conversely, even if a different Eastern representative will almost certainly still lose, maybe we'd get to see a 40/20 game from Embiid or an out-of-nowhere 4th quarter from Fred Van Vleet.  Just something new would be fun.

Yeah, that prospect does nothing for me.

9 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah, that prospect does nothing for me.

Simmons, Embiid doing their thing on both ends, Covington D'ing fools up, and Redick/Saric/McConnell/Belinelli/pick your favorite white guy shooting 3's sounds more much appealing to me today than LBJ, Love, and...Larry Nance maybe?

...I admittedly had difficulty talking myself into the Toronto alternative.

24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Simmons, Embiid doing their thing on both ends, Covington D'ing fools up, and Redick/Saric/McConnell/Belinelli/pick your favorite white guy shooting 3's sounds more much appealing to me today than LBJ, Love, and...Larry Nance maybe?

...I admittedly had difficulty talking myself into the Toronto alternative.

You think all of those things would happen with GS?