NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

Well hell, I got an email 30 mins ago, item canceled due to lack of quantity. FUCKERS, if it made it thru the fuckfest they shouldn't have canceled it. But they did, no PS5 for me.

I guess it's try try again, and I'll probably have better luck after Christmas, good thing that I'm not in a desperate rush for it.

1 hour ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Well hell, I got an email 30 mins ago, item canceled due to lack of quantity. FUCKERS, if it made it thru the fuckfest they shouldn't have canceled it. But they did, no PS5 for me.

I guess it's try try again, and I'll probably have better luck after Christmas, good thing that I'm not in a desperate rush for it.

Same. The whole online thing is truly a joke. They should instead grab every interested party and do a random draw every few hours instead of allowing bots/killer PCs destroy the process. Waiting several minutes in advance every drop only to see it disappear from your cart after credit card entry is a hoax.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Tailgate said:

... They should instead grab every interested party and do a random draw every few hours ...

This is what I don't get.  Surely they know which online accounts are tied to real people that have some buying history with their stores.  Seems like they might figure a way to satisfy their real and loyal customers over bot armies.

• Hook 'Em 1

New info has come to light.

This email from Walmart was received early this morning.

Thank you for your interest in ordering the PlayStation 5.

Unfortunately, the PlayStation 5 was cancelled from the order listed below in error. We know this is a poor customer experience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We want to make sure you don’t miss out on the Black Friday deal so we will be sending you a follow-up email in the next 48 hours with instructions on how you can place a new order (limit 1 item per customer). 

This is not the level of service we wish to provide you and we will work towards a better experience.

I'll post here if they follow through.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So my kid wants  the Xbox X console.  Any realistic way to get one of these at this point or should I tell him it ain’t happening until January or after?  I have been randomly going to the sites for Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and GameStop over the last week but I guess it is just plain luck at this point to actually find one.  Oh, and I a not paying some exorbitant price to some asshole on eBay that grabbed a bunch of them and is trying to make money just like ticket brokers do.  Maybe I will just get him some scratch offs as he apparently will have the same odds as getting a new Xbox X.  

I got my PS5 in and it’s pretty fucking awesome. Downloaded Spider-Man: Miles Morales and it’s sweet. Found a LG 65” BX OLED on sale through AAFES Exchange for $500 off and my MIL threw in half the tv price as a xmas gift. The two combined are amazing

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I bought a Xbox Series X for my nephew last week on Best Buy's website for pickup this Saturday. Now the cunts at Best Buy are saying they may not be able to fill the order. Fuck you, Best Buy. Why even take the order then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM

Edited by Surly Bevo

I got a Xbox through Best Buy online this morning. The yellow add to cart button would say "please wait" and every 2 minutes they would release more inventory and it would change to add to cart. If you were able to add to cart, you then had to enter an email verification code to go the payment screen. Finished that and had to do one more text verification. 

4 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Did you get an email? I just contacted their support team as well. I know it’s a long shot. 

I received this email early this morning

Thank you for your recent order. On 11/26/2020 we sent an email informing you that the PlayStation 5 from your order listed below was unexpectedly canceled due to an error.

To place a new order, please follow the instructions below:

·        Sign in to your Walmart.com account using the same email address that was used to place your original order. 

·        Go to your cart: https://www.walmart.com/cart from the app or website 

o   Once you are in your cart, you should see an item named (Single Use - Restricted) PlayStation 5 Console that has been exclusively added to rectify this error. Please do not remove the item from your cart as it will not be available to add from the item page.  

·        Click Check out, select your shipping address and payment information 

o   Pickup will not be available for this order. Items will need to be shipped to a valid shipping address.  

·        Click Place order 

The PlayStation 5 will not be reserved until the order is placed and confirmed. Please note, this offer is only valid on the account that was used to place the original order and one unit is available per customer. Orders placed for larger quantities, different consoles, or from a different email address/account will be cancelled. 

0?ui=2&ik=fcdfaf23e6&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1684598731543047602&th=1760e59ef6b26db2&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9Z_qHyJ6CGrQes97Fx5QTk6i4j5S3gtiBeSe0flnrvzDE5unVEG00sHaXzZnj96IDUElIzT3_fzO13KzxJTkdGjIgdoH5kuOeYalBDF-XMaAIJEJoPZ3FhX5c&disp=emb
Affected Order(s):      

6022051494261                                                                                   

­­­­­­­Quantity                      Item Name

1                                                           PlayStation 5

Orders must be placed by 12:01am PT on Monday 11/30/2020. When your order is processed and shipped, we will send you a shipment confirmation email with tracking details.  

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Warm regards,

Customer Care

Walmart.com

I followed the instructions, after verifying that my billing and shipping info were correct. I didn't want to have any minor errors mess this up.

Thanks for shopping with us. We're processing your order now and we'll email you again when there are status updates. You can also track the status via your account.

Sincerely,
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Ships from Walmart

Arrives by

Tue, Dec 22
We'll send an email with tracking info
when your order ships.

Shipping to

Lone Star Horn

Item Qty Total
(Single Use - Restricted) PlayStation 5 Console
$499.00

• Like 1

What are the must have games on PS5?  16/14yr old?

Some of the more popular games are Call of Duty Cold War(which the Warzone portion is supposed to be released mid December),NBA 2K21, Cyberpunk 2077, or you could just buy a PS gift card and let them pick and download one.

Really depends on the type of games they enjoy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, mdmost said:

I bought a Xbox Series X for my nephew last week on Best Buy's website for pickup this Saturday. Now the cunts at Best Buy are saying they may not be able to fill the order. Fuck you, Best Buy. Why even take the order then?

I have a 250 credit with them that I was wanting to use for the series X but it's been a bitch might just buy one where I can and use that 250 on something else 

got a ship notification wednesday for my costco bundle and it still hasn’t been picked up by ups as of today. looks like it’s lost in the black friday abyss since they sent this email out:

Please Note: You may receive a ‘ship’ confirmation on your order but not see any movement or initial scan for 2 to 4 days. There’s no need to worry! Your order is secure and will move through the carrier’s network soon.

was hoping to play next week while i’m off, but that’s looking more and more unlikely. 

9 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Why does everyone want a PS5 over a xbox?

For me, it goes back to the red ring of death on the 360. I had 2 of those damn things red ring on me so I bought 3 total, spent over $1000 total on those motherfuckers always hoping the next one wouldn't crap out. All of my games were on it so I didn't want to switch to ps3. Also most of my friends that I would've played games with at the time were on the ps3 so when it came time to decide between ps4 and xb1 I made the switch to PlayStation and I don't regret it a bit. The exclusives are better for me- Spiderman was good and the new one looks to be on the same level, God of War, Horizon, maybe a few others which are going to continue on ps5. There's also a few ps4 games I'll keep playing on my ps5 for a while.

One thing I'm kind of looking forward to is the Dual Sense controller, it's not a huge deal or anything but I think it looks to have some cool features for a controller. I did prefer the xbox controllers to the Dual Shock controllers but its not a reason for me to switch back.

I'm not sure about the demand for the new xbox because I haven't looked(from what I see here it's about the same), but I can wait 6 months for the ps5 to come out.

thanks for the suggestions on this thread.  got an Xbox X through Best Buy over the weekend when they were doing those rolling drops.  Supposed to be able to pick it up on Wed.

Also just to add.  In looking at twitter and hotstock ap comments, there seems to be more Xbox X than PS5 right now.  Gamestop was getting like 8 Xbox to 2 PS5 at the stores where people were commenting that i saw.  

Edited by gyroprotagonist

Walmart will start selling ps5s in the store tomorrow. I stopped by one today and they said that store only had 8, and it wasn’t going on sell until 7am. I made a joke about camping out at 4, and their response was “earlier.” I gotta work tomorrow or else I would relive my younger days.

• Hook 'Em 1

At the month mark now, still struggling to find a PS5. It's been brutal, I WFH, so I've been ready and jumped on every attempt and drop so far and all I got to show for it is a lot of wasted money. I have tweetdeck up at all times, watching for drops, sitting in a launch discord, and all the vendor sites on refresh. I'm fucking defeated. Straight up Clown Town.

Edited by MillerEP

@Tailgate 

Walmart homepage
Help Center Account

Package Delivered!

Hello Lone Star Horn,

Thanks for your recent order. The below item has been delivered. After reviewing the details below, visit our Help Center if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Item Qty Total
PlayStation 5 Console
$499.00
1 $499.00

It was delivered by FedEx around 3:45 today. I got it set up and bought Playstation Now, $60 for all those free games. Waiting to buy any other games until after the holidays. I had other things to keep me busy today, but daughter was able to play several games from the PSNow. I'll have more time on it, after my work trip to Portland this week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Another day of losses for me, woke up early, and sat around waiting all day until the BB drop finally happened at 11:40, only to spent the entire time spamming "checkout" because once it was in my cart  and in store pickup was the only option, it kept saying that no store within 250 miles of me was available (I live in Austin). So once that went bust, I waited for the walmart drop, and spent an entire hour spamming "Add to cart" on the walmart app and my desktop as fast as my fingers would allow, because it wouldn't add it to my cart, eventually it went OOS. 

Pretty much that exact same scenario has been playing out for me every day for a month. 

Only hope now is in Sony decides to do some random direct queue drops now, and I land in a good queue spot.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Walmart multi releases are the best bet. Helped a friend grab one from Walmart. Third success there. Only works when they have multiple drops in the same day. At two we got the same situation as you. Blue add to cart would momentarily work and then say something went wrong. After a few attempts we stopped and just left the screen alone with the “add to cart” button highlighted. If you keep clicking, eventually the button goes away and it just says out of stock. (No!). So at 2:20 we hit the highlighted “add to cart” button and got through. 

1 minute ago, bernorange said:

I still have yet to even see this mythical queue even though I've checked that Sony direct shop page for the PS5 hundreds of times over the last few weeks.  It's looking like I'll have to wait until some time in 2021 to get one.

Been in the Q 10 times. Yellow bar never “progresses”

• Like 1