Brothahorn's Conservative Thread

Brothahorn

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh cool, where I live.  I’ll let my black next door neighbor know ASAP.  He hasn’t been shot jogging yet; should probably buy a lottery ticket. 

Well, I will be sure to put a lot of credence in your anecdotal sample size of 1.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, slorch said:

The fact that you and others don't recognize/ acknowledge the blatant racism in Biden's statement explains why other non-racist posts are categorized as racism on this board and in real life   You don't even know what it is, aside from anything with which you disagree..

If you have to vote for a racist why not vote for the one who isn’t stoking the flames of civil unrest, retweeting Q-anon, and actively undermining his top experts on health in the midst of a global pandemic?

• Hook 'Em 3

After Biden I would be glad to see our president not be a man again for awhile. I definitely do not want to see another white guy in the Oval Office after him for at least a good 30 years or even ever again. 

I don’t really care to judge people on their physical descriptive elements. Now, a right good atheist, that believes in countering the redistribution of wealth that has been unabashedly taking place over the last 1/2 century, science and education supporting motherfucker would be awesome. If said candidate wasn’t some flag molesting xenophobic anti-oligarchic person with a conviction to restore sanity to representation and access to voting, well that would be the little umbrella or cherry sword in my erroneously ordered cocktail.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t really care to judge people on their physical descriptive elements. Now, a right good atheist, that believes in countering the redistribution of wealth that has been unabashedly taking place over the last 1/2 century, science and education supporting motherfucker would be awesome. If said candidate wasn’t some flag molesting xenophobic anti-oligarchic person with a conviction to restore sanity to representation and access to voting, well that would be the little umbrella or cherry sword in my erroneously ordered cocktail.

I would have no issue with that kind of President and I am religious. We need to get that church and state line permanently separated because it is being used to hurt people.

We need to be put on the shelf for awhile though. 44 out of 45 out front shoulda told ya.

Today I learned of yet another conservative principle that I was previously unaware of: disdain for our servicemen killed and wounded in action. 

Conservatism sure has changed in the last couple of years. Can't wait to see what it looks like 10 years from now.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Today I learned of yet another conservative principle that I was previously unaware of: disdain for our servicemen killed and wounded in action. 

Conservatism sure has changed in the last couple of years. Can't wait to see what it looks like 10 years from now.

I loathe the military...

LOLz.  Yep we hate us.

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Oh, I wasn't referring to you, Slorch. Only that the current flag bearer of conservatism thinks that. You know, the guy you're voting for.

Not voting for him.  I have said so repeatedly. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Why does Slorch hate the military?

ultra sarcasm.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

I know slorch I was just fucking with you. 

So you gonna vote for Biden or no? I mean it doesn’t mean you are a liberal fag if you do. 

No.  can't vote for that bullshit either.

33 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Especially churches like Joel Osteen’s and First Baptist Dallas. 

Well yes I think it should be a tiered system of taxation of churches. I would have those two in the 80 percent bracket. We'll find out real quick about their "calling" to preach the gospel.

6 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Well yes I think it should be a tiered system of taxation of churches. I would have those two in the 80 percent bracket. We'll find out real quick about their "calling" to preach the gospel.

Make it all 503Cs and stop targeting religious organizations.

You might be surprised at the different response you get.  Then again, consistency's  probably not your goal.

FTR, some of us believers despise the megachurches too.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Make it all 503C's and stop targeting religious organizations.

You might be surprised at the different response you get.  then again, that's probably not your goal.

With a minimum revenue threshold I’m good with that. Maybe base it on “expenses” of the “nonprofit.” There is a way to do it. We just don’t want to apparently. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I mean the NRA has done such a good job on America hundreds of school kids are now dead and its now bankrupt.

How many children (or their contacts) do you think will die because their parents allow them to go back to school and centipede beer bong rips off each other because reasons?

Edited by Anastasis

Here's the thing, at the end of the day your number one commitment should be to you and your family.  If there's a lot that makes a difference with a certain candidate in your actual house, I don't blame you looking past racist shit that affects others (not you to the same extent) and voting for whoever.  My post was genuine...it really is a very difficult position.  There's nobody super pro Trump in my family but there's a lot of them voting for him (still the minority overall in our family) because for their household Trump is bringing more to the table - in their eyes.  In our family, we have mostly brown people with some black/white sprinkled in...
Being a minority voting for Trump is harder in many respects - 'hey, I truly believe (know) gun rights and low taxes are important for MY family but I'm getting shit on. not only by cops and many of the elite white, but even my own people for the most part'...it's a bitch of a position to be in.  There's no easy answers even if you have a bunch of drive by posts here stating otherwise - and I've been guilty too.  Thanks for the honest answer and engaging...also engaging without blowing up. 

Let’s take that to a bit more of an extreme. It is in my best interest to vote for Nazi’s. As they take power, murder, steal, and allow me to advance and claim the art, land, possessions of those targeted, I could improve my circumstances for me and my offspring.

The 2nd amendment threat is a myth. There is very little threat to remove pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Ar-15s in the hands of dipshits are a problem. (I include the police). If that is the reason to lend support to the R’s, it is a shitty one.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, BNB said:

Trump had 6% of the Black vote in 2016, now he may have 20-30 percent in this election.  Why is that?

I’ll bet you $100 he doesn’t get near 20%

holy fuck, slorch. It shouldn’t be a goal in life to prove you went to Texas Tech with your opinions. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Let’s take that to a bit more of an extreme. It is in my best interest to vote for Nazi’s. As they take power, murder, steal, and allow me to advance and claim the art, land, possessions of those targeted, I could improve my circumstances for me and my offspring.

The 2nd amendment threat is a myth. There is very little threat to remove pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Ar-15s in the hands of dipshits are a problem. (I include the police). If that is the reason to lend support to the R’s, it is a shitty one.

Well when you take it to that extreme it falls to pieces.  Trump is an asshole but he’s not a Nazi. I don’t believe guns having that importance either.  I also stressed what people ‘believe’ is in their best interest.  Not what actually is.  What if you truly believe either you’re the nazi or the Jew?  For your kids you choose the nazi side.  All these are hypotheticals (shitty ones).  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Well when you take it to that extreme it falls to pieces.  Trump is an asshole but he’s not a Nazi. I don’t believe guns having that importance either.  I also stressed what people ‘believe’ is in their best interest.  Not what actually is.  What if you truly believe either you’re the nazi or the Jew?  For your kids you choose the nazi side.  All these are hypotheticals (shitty ones).  

That was the point, the acute direct self-serving political perspective is not an excuse for shitty views and shitty voting.   Sadly the Nazi part has become less absurd in 2020 than in previous years.    

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That was the point, the acute direct self-serving political perspective is not an excuse for shitty views and shitty voting.   Sadly the Nazi part has become less absurd in 2020 than in previous years.    

Yep we are probably on the same page.  It would be easier if people were complete assholes vs willfully ignorant.  

• Hook 'Em 1

@ChiTownDoc got an old friend who grew up in Austin and now lives in Houston. He refuses to return to Austin until the mask mandate is no longer in effect. He also thought W executed 9/11 and thinks John McCain is an American traitor. Good ole right wing extremists. Oh and fuck Houston btw. Every time I text a friend or a relative or whatever down there they just kind of blow it off. Like they know it’s happening and all but they’re like “hey! I’ve been goin to League City and hittin the pier every night and I’m all good! So yeah I’ll be fine......” shit that’s driving me up the wall. Piece of shit city with piece of shit people. Say doc, wanna take Houston off our hands somehow?

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

@ChiTownDoc got an old friend who grew up in Austin and now lives in Houston. He refuses to return to Austin until the mask mandate is no longer in effect. He also thought W executed 9/11 and thinks John McCain is an American traitor. Good ole right wing extremists. Oh and fuck Houston btw. Every time I text a friend or a relative or whatever down there they just kind of blow it off. Like they know it’s happening and all but they’re like “hey! I’ve been goin to League City and hittin the pier every night and I’m all good! So yeah I’ll be fine......” shit that’s driving me up the wall. Piece of shit city with piece of shit people. Say doc, wanna take Houston off our hands somehow?

You’re not gonna bait me into the Dallas vs Houston argument, you bastard!

Ok, I can’t resist:

Austin>Dallas>Houston

I heard SA is way better these days so I need to visit again before ranking them.