Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

Ricky's one-hitter

From the AlReporter.com

Tuberville says Trump admitted to “mistake” over deadly Capitol riot. He hasn’t.

Trump has not admitted to any responsibility in the attack on the U.S. Capitol last week.

Published January 14, 2021

By  Eddie Burkhalter 

[PHOTO OMITTED BECAUSE TOMMY TATER TOWN]

In this July 14, 2020, file photo, Republican U.S. Senate candidate and former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville speaks at a campaign event in Montgomery, Ala. (AP Photo/Butch Dill, File)

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Alabama, in his first media appearance in Alabama as a senator on Wednesday, was asked his thoughts about the possibility of impeaching President Donald Trump, which happened later that day. He said Trump admitted to making a “mistake” and that it was time to move on. 

Trump has not admitted to any responsibility in the attack on the U.S. Capitol last week that left at least five dead, including a Capitol police officer and a woman who was shot by police while attempting to climb through a broken window inside the Capitol. Two others, including an Alabama man, died from “medical emergencies” while on Capitol grounds during the riot. 

“He made a mistake. He said he made a mistake. That’s not, to me, not an impeachable offense,” Tuberville told reporters outside of St. Vincent’s Hospital in downtown Birmingham, according to WSFA. “He’s got one week to go from today. We’ll have a new president in President Biden. We need to go on with life. I mean, to me, you know, when you understand you made mistakes and admitted. You forgive. You go on.” 

Questions to a Tuberville staffer on Thursday regarding Tuberville’s comments Wednesday were received, but APR had not received responses as of Thursday evening. 

The hits just keep on coming:

Tuberville says delay inauguration, but date is set by Constitution

Updated Jan 15, 2021; Posted Jan 15, 2021

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville, who voted against certifying President-elect Joe Biden's wins in Arizona and Pennsylvania, said the swearing-in should still happen Jan. 20, but any public ceremonies should be delayed until "after we got this virus behind us." (Joe Songer | jsonger@al.com).

• 3 weeks later...

As dumb as the rubes are and their penchant for electing carpetbaggers, I think the Democrats need to find a few undercover candidates to move to these deep red states.  Establish residency (if that's even required any more), start spewing the most vile racist, pro-gun, fuck the commies shit imaginable and run in the R primary.  Get elected then immediately switch over to the left side of the aisle.

Sure they would only be a one-termer, but the same process could be repeated over and over because rubes is dumb.

25 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have a couple of reps from Texas I'd like to enter into the transfer portal.

Just a couple?

And Tubby is the epitome of the big southern dummy.   You couldn't get a more accurate representation of the majority of his constituents.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

LONG READ but worth it

1---

From Al.com via Politico:

Sen. Tommy Tuberville spoke to Donald Trump just as rioting rocked the Capitol on Jan. 6 and informed the president then-Vice President Mike Pence had been evacuated from the chamber, Politico detailed in a report today.

Tuberville, R-Alabama, told Politico he was on the phone with Trump when he had to abruptly end the call.

”I said, ‘Mr. President, they just took the vice president, I’ve got to go,” Tuberville said.

(Bama Llama sez: Hey, Tommy, your cell phone will function while you are in motion.)

2---

Just keep talking, Tommy Tuberville

Updated Feb 11, 2021; Posted Feb 11, 2021 

By Kyle Whitmire | kwhitmire@al.com

This is an opinion column. 

It’s a new twist on an old question: What did Tommy Tuberville know, and when did Donald Trump know it?

Alabama’s junior senator has again opened his mouth. This time, rather than revealing what he doesn’t know — like what the three branches of government are — Tuberville let slip he knew something he maybe shouldn’t have.

And Donald Trump knew it, too.

And it could mean the president knowingly put his vice president, Mike Pence, in danger, or even incited a mob to try to kill him — which is all kind of important in the impeachment of the former president.

Here’s what we know so far.

On Wednesday, after the second day of impeachment hearings, Tuberville spoke with reporters about a phone call he had with the president the day of the attack on the U.S. Capitol. As insurgents stormed the building, Pence’s security swept the vice president out of the Senate chambers. Tuberville says he was on the phone with Trump, who wanted his help delaying the Senate count of electoral votes.

“I said ‘Mr. President, they just took the vice president out, I’ve got to go,’” Tuberville told Politico.

At least Tuberville has sense enough to look out for his own safety.

But if Tuberville is telling the truth, what he’s revealed is important — not only that Trump would have known Pence was in danger, but more importantly when Pence was in danger.

Tuberville would have told Trump that Pence had been evacuated from the Senate chambers around 2:15 p.m.

About 10 minutes later, Trump tweeted angrily about the vice president.

“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify,” Trump tweeted before his account was suspended. “USA demands the truth!”

There are only a few ways to interpret this. Either, Trump didn’t care his vice president was in danger and recklessly put his life at further risk. Or Trump did care — and wanted him pursued, or hurt, or killed.

Which is crazy, but that’s where we are.

With Tuberville’s revelations, Trump’s attorneys can’t argue that the former president was ignorant of the danger Pence was in.

I’ve been tempted to accept that Tuberville is some bumbling fool, stumbling through a political upheaval like a hapless Forrest Gump. But this sort of thing keeps happening again and again, and the evidence keeps stacking up against him — most of it out of his own mouth.

Last year, Tuberville told Alabama Daily News’ Todd Stacy that he intended to use his new Senate office space for fundraising — which is illegal.

Two weeks ago, Tuberville denied he’d been at a January 5 meeting of Trump confidants at the Trump International Hotel, even though social media posts of two people there put him in the room, and another woman took a picture with Tuberville in the hotel lobby.

And now, speaking to reporters, Tuberville has let slip something that might make him the most important witness in Trump’s impeachment.

Tuberville campaigned on the promise he’d do everything he could to support Trump in Washington. Now he might be the key to convicting him. The more Tuberville talks, the more we seem to learn — which means there’s just one thing to do.

A year ago, Senate Democrats demanded witnesses in Trump’s first impeachment trial but Republicans refused to allow them. This time around, the Dems have been the ones arguing for a witnessless trial. That’s a mistake.

The House impeachment team should call Tuberville as a witness. Let’s do on purpose what Tuberville keeps doing by accident. Put him under oath. And keep him talking.

Or make him invoke his right to remain silent.

We need to hear what Tuberville knew.

We need to hear when Trump knew it.

And we need to know it now.

Kyle Whitmire is the state political columnist for the Alabama Media Group.

You can follow his work on his Facebook page, The War on Dumb. And on Twitter. And on Instagram.

2:13 - Tuberville tells Donald that Pence had to be removed from the Senate b/c of insurrection attempt
2:24 - Trump tweets that Pence is a coward

Here is video of the insurrectionists reading the Tweet out loud to each other while inside the chamber

Trump straight-up wanted them to lynch Pence and that is hilarious

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
Trump straight-up wanted them to lynch Pence and that is hilarious

Perhaps I misunderstand you? I find nothing funny about that at all. I just don't. I don't even moderately like Pence, I don't care if it was even possible for someone to carry that out, but hilarious? No. His family isn't stupid, they were put through that fear too. I dislike Mrs. Pence but yeesh man, that's sick.

13 minutes ago, Bookman said:

He didn't say it was hilarious that the crowd wanted to lynch Pence.

I thought he was referring to Trump? I don't find that hilarious, especially considering that wasn't Pence the one that was weighing the 25th at one point? Deranged in the White House is not the title of the novel I care to check out from the library any time soon.

Or am I completely missing the point? I have a hair trigger these days thanks to the GOP.

To all - Mea culpa for initiating a second Tuberville thread.  I am orking wth an ancient tiny screen iPhone 5 and did not see the old thread still had a pulse.  Merger was definitely appropriate.  Will take inventory in the future before duplicating an existing thread.  P.S. Tuberville is a finger-wagging assclown Philistine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

To all - Mea culpa for initiating a second Tuberville thread.  I am orking wth an ancient tiny screen iPhone 5 and did not see the old thread still had a pulse.  Merger was definitely appropriate.  Will take inventory in the future before duplicating an existing thread.  P.S. Tuberville is a finger-wagging assclown Philistine.

No worries, to be honest Tuberville would escape through the tiniest of screens if he thought there was a better opportunity waiting somewhere else--just ask Tech. So he was easy to miss.

• 3 months later...

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that Tubs is only getting national attention for his derp every once in a while. I am sure that he derps multiple times daily, but it's not breakthrough derpage.

I guess, in coaching or senator-derping, either you have the ability to be a champion, or you don't.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that Tubs is only getting national attention for his derp every once in a while. I am sure that he derps multiple times daily, but it's not breakthrough derpage.
I guess, in coaching or senator-derping, either you have the ability to be a champion, or you don't.

Have you seen the competition he’s up against? That’s a crowded field.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

Have you seen the competition he’s up against? That’s a crowded field.

Georgia and Florida are eating Alabama's lunch in the notable quotables department. Mo Brooks does an OK Angry Little Dude schtick, but it lacks breadth and range. Guess we could run Roy Moore up the middle for a few yards when we need them, but he appears to have wandered off into the woods like the mysterious Bigfoot.

• 8 months later...