Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

If Bama doesn’t sleep through that game, aggy is 7-5 with barely beating a shitty Colorado team.  They lose all of their D-line talent.  They don’t have a QB and Jimbo’s offense is from the stone ages.  They will lose 5 games again this year.

@George Clooneyis going to have something to say about this

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If Bama doesn’t sleep through that game, aggy is 7-5 with barely beating a shitty Colorado team.  They lose all of their D-line talent.  They don’t have a QB and Jimbo’s offense is from the stone ages.  They will lose 5 games again this year.

They'll have a good home win like Florida or LSU and then lose one that maybe they shouldn't like Miami.  I think Arkansas gets them again and they'll lose @ Miss State.  They ain't winning @ Bama'.  Thing is those are the first three conference games (Arky, @ Miss State, @ Bama') so if the6 lose those three then who knows what happens.

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

@George Clooneyis going to have something to say about this

I’ve been MIA because I’ve been black pilled on college football unfortunately. Im glad that players can now earn money, but the relentless march toward determining a true national champion rather than emphasizing conference champions has halted, if not already tanked, the sport’s growth. It seems like King kind of sucks and their receivers still suck? If they figure to have have mediocre to bad QB play again, then I’m reneging on that bet. Call me a pussy or whatever but it was probably dumb to think 10 wins (or was it 9? I don’t care to go back to that conversation) was imminent for them this year.

5 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I’ve been MIA because I’ve been black pilled on college football unfortunately. Im glad that players can now earn money, but the relentless march toward determining a true national champion rather than emphasizing conference champions has halted, if not already tanked, the sport’s growth. It seems like King kind of sucks and their receivers still suck? If they figure to have have mediocre to bad QB play again, then I’m reneging on that bet. Call me a pussy or whatever but it was probably dumb to think 10 wins (or was it 9? I don’t care to go back to that conversation) was imminent for them this year.

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Via Tarp, the QBs are fine, it was just windy: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss0nt9

These are Haynes King's stats from his junior year in high school when he won a state title at Longview surrounded by ten seniors:

184-266, 69% (completion rate), 3,879 yards, 14.58 YPA, 42/4 (1.5% interception ratio)

These are his stats from his sophomore and senior years in high school as well as his time at A&M (including two spring games).

267-457, 59% (completion rate), 4,358 yards, 9.54 YPA, 44/20 (4.4% interception ratio)

Here's his stats from A&M regular season and spring games:

51-103, 50% (completion rate), 700 yards, 6.80 YPA, 6/7 (6.8% interception ratio)

He hasn't been the same guy outside of that season. You can argue competition level, sample sizes, etc. but the numbers tell a story.

Oh no, who could've ever seen that coming? Did anyone on this board see this coming?

• Hook 'Em 1

Jason Howell
Staff
10:40p, 4/10/22

Let's talk about the weekend

Well you guys saw there was an open back and forth between several top 2023s on Twitter this evening. Johntay Cook tweeted "A weekend to remember" and the discussion went from there with Tony Mitchell, Javien Toviano, and Malik Muhammad among those chiming in.

It appears there's a group discussing their college plans and maybe trying to replicate what the Aggies did in 2022 with the 2023 class.No decisions were announced, but it is pretty evident the Aggies made some strong moves this weekend.

Let's start with Johntay Cook. Texas and Texas A&M have been the subject of much talk with the DeSoto standout. He has not narrowed his list to those two but the Aggies and Longhorns are definitely the most discussed as his leaders. I have always heard the Aggies were in a great spot there and possibly the leader and this weekend I hear the Aggies have only strengthened their position.

Now for Malik Muhammad. He has made no secret of his interest in Texas A&M. He has said they are in his top five numerous times and has already stated the Aggies would get an official visit. That said, going into the weekend word was Alabama and Nick Saban was making a strong punch for the top spot.

After the weekend, sources tell me the Aggies have made a strong move of their own and it sounds like they may have made their way to the top of his list.

Arlington Martin standout Javien Toviano made a surprise move when he made his way to College Station twice this week. He visited Thursday and returned on Saturday.

He has always spoken highly of the Aggies, but this week was the first time visiting in 2022 and there was a lot of thought the Aggies needed to get him on campus again to be a real contender. Consider it mission accomplished.

Toviano continues to play things pretty close to the vest but today he made it pretty clear he enjoyed himself this weekend.

Sticking with the DFW the Aggies also hosted Denton Ryan 5-star LB Anthony Hill. A&M and OU are the programs I continue to hear the most about in this one, and this weekend he kept a close eye on the LBs and the defense. Next on his visit schedule is a trip to Miami next weekend and then he will attend OU's spring game.

Texas A&M commit Anthony James will also visit Miami next week. The Aggies first commitment of the 2023 class visited has been open about his plans to take visits and this weekend he visited SMU before attending his prom. He also has visits scheduled to Washington on April 28 and Georgia in May. He visited Texas A&M last weekend and he has been in communication with the staff about his visit plans

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They'll have a good home win like Florida or LSU and then lose one that maybe they shouldn't like Miami.  I think Arkansas gets them again and they'll lose @ Miss State.  They ain't winning @ Bama'.  Thing is those are the first three conference games (Arky, @ Miss State, @ Bama') so if the6 lose those three then who knows what happens.

portal chinese GIF by sthig

29 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:
Jason Howell
Staff
10:40p, 4/10/22

Let's talk about the weekend

Well you guys saw there was an open back and forth between several top 2023s on Twitter this evening. Johntay Cook tweeted "A weekend to remember" and the discussion went from there with Tony Mitchell, Javien Toviano, and Malik Muhammad among those chiming in.

It appears there's a group discussing their college plans and maybe trying to replicate what the Aggies did in 2022 with the 2023 class.No decisions were announced, but it is pretty evident the Aggies made some strong moves this weekend.

Let's start with Johntay Cook. Texas and Texas A&M have been the subject of much talk with the DeSoto standout. He has not narrowed his list to those two but the Aggies and Longhorns are definitely the most discussed as his leaders. I have always heard the Aggies were in a great spot there and possibly the leader and this weekend I hear the Aggies have only strengthened their position.

Now for Malik Muhammad. He has made no secret of his interest in Texas A&M. He has said they are in his top five numerous times and has already stated the Aggies would get an official visit. That said, going into the weekend word was Alabama and Nick Saban was making a strong punch for the top spot.

After the weekend, sources tell me the Aggies have made a strong move of their own and it sounds like they may have made their way to the top of his list.

Arlington Martin standout Javien Toviano made a surprise move when he made his way to College Station twice this week. He visited Thursday and returned on Saturday.

He has always spoken highly of the Aggies, but this week was the first time visiting in 2022 and there was a lot of thought the Aggies needed to get him on campus again to be a real contender. Consider it mission accomplished.

Toviano continues to play things pretty close to the vest but today he made it pretty clear he enjoyed himself this weekend.

Sticking with the DFW the Aggies also hosted Denton Ryan 5-star LB Anthony Hill. A&M and OU are the programs I continue to hear the most about in this one, and this weekend he kept a close eye on the LBs and the defense. Next on his visit schedule is a trip to Miami next weekend and then he will attend OU's spring game.

Texas A&M commit Anthony James will also visit Miami next week. The Aggies first commitment of the 2023 class visited has been open about his plans to take visits and this weekend he visited SMU before attending his prom. He also has visits scheduled to Washington on April 28 and Georgia in May. He visited Texas A&M last weekend and he has been in communication with the staff about his visit plans

I am shocked that a bad performance on the field had no effect on kids getting paid. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

We go through this every year and their season total wins ends up being better than we all thought.

So I’ll go with 8 wins no matter who’s at QB.

They were 5th in the SEC west last season, think we kinda nailed that one?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

We go through this every year and their season total wins ends up being better than we all thought.

So I’ll go with 8 wins no matter who’s at QB.

It will be the same as it always is.  They'll win 8 games.  One of those wins will be against a decent SEC team playing at Kyle Field.  Aggy fans will point to that win as evidence that the team is just a season away.  Weigman is the new hotness.  King is trash and was holding the team back.  #1 class will be ready to dominate.  

Rinse.

Repeat.

21 hours ago, victory88 said:

hell yes, let's do this.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It will be the same as it always is.  They'll win 8 games.  One of those wins will be against a decent SEC team playing at Kyle Field.  Aggy fans will point to that win as evidence that the team is just a season away.  Weigman is the new hotness.  King is trash and was holding the team back.  #1 class will be ready to dominate.  

Rinse.

Repeat.

I posted this a day or two ago.  I can see them beating Florida or LSU at home (both teams will be better coached than last year's though) and then dropping a home game to someone like Miami (see last year Mississippi State).  

Jimbo's teams have yet to look good in true road games so chalk up @ Bama' and @ Mississippi State as losses.  Other road games are Auburn and South Carolina.  Arkansas and Ole Miss, who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

DeSoto you say? 

via HammLite ::

This is something we've been waiting to go public as Andrew sat on it out of respect for sources. But Wisner is now at DeSoto and enrolled. He was at A&M all weekend and remember that Jimbo Fisher specifically went by Waco Connally this past January to see him. Multiple people have told me they'd be shocked if he ended up somewhere other than Oklahoma, but A&M is not giving up. It also couldn't hurt that he's now playing with Johntay Cook.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Wisner-46104003/

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

DeSoto you say? 

via HammLite ::

This is something we've been waiting to go public as Andrew sat on it out of respect for sources. But Wisner is now at DeSoto and enrolled. He was at A&M all weekend and remember that Jimbo Fisher specifically went by Waco Connally this past January to see him. Multiple people have told me they'd be shocked if he ended up somewhere other than Oklahoma, but A&M is not giving up. It also couldn't hurt that he's now playing with Johntay Cook.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Wisner-46104003/

For OU, Wisner and Dylan Edwards may be redundant. https://247sports.com/player/dylan-edwards-46111508/

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lolll this was their Great White Hope, the fanbase adored him. Oops.

Since OU only has 9 scholarship WR and wants to run 80+ plays a game, they'll need some portal WR or 4th quarters will be a disaster. This dude has several factors that may point to him being a good fit for the new Sooner offense: tall, regional, and experienced.

Added bonus, per his Twitter, he's hyper-religious and into seamoss as Covid therapy.

4 hours ago, Fud said:

He was good when healthy

Strikes me as a guy told to find a new home. He was a returning R-SR who likely who have played in what has been setup to be a "great" 8&4 season or so they say.  Awfully late to now decide to leave.  I think they are still having issues making space for all their recruits.

• Hook 'Em 3

I have a bunch of friends that are aggies.  I have to hear about Kansas and their class all the fucking time.   I just don’t see all the hype with their team.  They don’t have a solid QB, their o-line is average, their scheme on offense sucks. They have talent on defense. They are young but there is talent there.  Their best player on offense is Achane.  He’s special.

Without solid QB play, I seriously think they could easily go 5-7.

I see them losing to:

Alabama, Florida, Mississippi St, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss and LSU.

They could easily lose to South Carolina and Miami as well.   

9 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I have a bunch of friends that are aggies.  I have to hear about Kansas and their class all the fucking time.   I just don’t see all the hype with their team.  They don’t have a solid QB, their o-line is average, their scheme on offense sucks. They have talent on defense. They are young but there is talent there.  Their best player on offense is Achane.  He’s special.

Without solid QB play, I seriously think they could easily go 5-7.

I see them losing to:

Alabama, Florida, Mississippi St, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss and LSU.

They could easily lose to South Carolina and Miami as well.   

Do you hear about their big wins over Prairie View, Kent State, and South Carolina? Their optimism is always based on smoke and mirrors. They’re morons. 

On 4/10/2022 at 3:43 PM, George Clooney said:

You and bruh man are both pussies. 

All this talk and you're already reneging on the bet because you've realized A&M's QBs are complete fucking trash. 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:43 PM, George Clooney said:

I'm starting to worry about Nespresso's future prospects.

This is an interesting media turn that I did not see coming

“I’m going to correct myself of a couple weeks ago when I said, ‘Yeah, I don’t expect much this year,’” Finebaum said earlier this week, per 247Sports. “You know what? I do now, because I started to think, ‘This is not the second year for Jimbo Fisher.’ I mean, he’s been there a long time now. He should have his full complement. And it almost seemed like we gave him a reboot. I think anything less than 10 games is a disappointment, Greg (McElroy), ‘cause I don’t know how you could explain it. Last year, really, was a mess. And it was camouflaged by a couple things — A&M opting out of the bowl game, and their fans want to debate that. It’s pretty obvious what happened there. I mean, you don’t need me to explain it. They were going to lose to Wake Forest. They didn’t want another loss. And secondly, the recruiting class that has left us all breathless. But that’s not the first time they’ve had a good recruiting class. They’ve had one over the years. So I think we need to quit treating A&M like they’re a bunch of kindergarteners and Jimbo Fisher just got his first coaching job. He’s been there long enough for this to be successful.

Finebaum continued, “And any other coach who has been there long as Jimbo would be graded on a very strict curve. I mean, we’re talking about — we’re debating Bryan Harsin after one season and his second spring. Why shouldn’t we do the same thing for Jimbo Fisher?”

• Hook 'Em 9

32 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

“I’m going to correct myself of a couple weeks ago when I said, ‘Yeah, I don’t expect much this year,’” Finebaum said earlier this week, per 247Sports. “You know what? I do now, because I started to think, ‘This is not the second year for Jimbo Fisher.’ I mean, he’s been there a long time now. He should have his full complement. And it almost seemed like we gave him a reboot. I think anything less than 10 games is a disappointment, Greg (McElroy), ‘cause I don’t know how you could explain it. Last year, really, was a mess. And it was camouflaged by a couple things — A&M opting out of the bowl game, and their fans want to debate that. It’s pretty obvious what happened there. I mean, you don’t need me to explain it. They were going to lose to Wake Forest. They didn’t want another loss. And secondly, the recruiting class that has left us all breathless. But that’s not the first time they’ve had a good recruiting class. They’ve had one over the years. So I think we need to quit treating A&M like they’re a bunch of kindergarteners and Jimbo Fisher just got his first coaching job. He’s been there long enough for this to be successful.

Finebaum continued, “And any other coach who has been there long as Jimbo would be graded on a very strict curve. I mean, we’re talking about — we’re debating Bryan Harsin after one season and his second spring. Why shouldn’t we do the same thing for Jimbo Fisher?”

Pawl got the memo from the $-E-C Saban.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Pawl got the memo from the $-E-C Saban.

If if takes a call from Saban to start hearing the truth, than I am all for it. It is year 5 and you are one of the best paid HCs in America. He is running out of excuses to use. 

43 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Finebaum is just another T-Sip homer. He's part of the BOMC. He's trying to hurt A&M to help out tee-yew.

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
...the Ags aren't done riding a wave of momentum from the spring game.

Jimbo Fisher and Co. are sitting in OUTSTANDING shape with several visitors from the weekend, something Howell and Brauny did a great job of conveying during and immediately following the three-day recruiting bonanza.

With Southlake Carroll P Tyler White and La Grange ATH Bravion Rogers joining the 2023 commit list on successive days, don't be at all surprised to see the Aggies' current run continue, possibly as early as today or tomorrow. The guys we're keeping the closest eye on at this time include the South Oak Cliff duo - Malik Muhammad and longtime A&M lean Jayvon Thomas. Other names I feel are leaning VERY heavily the Ags' way include five-star corner Tony Mitchell and 2024 defensive tackle Omar White. Denton Ryan five-star linebacker Anthony Hill isn't making a move anytime soon, nor is Katy Paetow DE and fellow five-star David Hicks, but I continue to believe the Ags are sitting in an enviable position with both. A couple of guys Fisher and the maroon recruiting machine made significant strides with this weekend? El Campo RB Reuben Owens and Arlington Martin cover man Javien Toviano.  

Along the o-line - which will be a big-time priority this cycle - new hire Steve Addazio is building a lot of behind the scenes momentum, particularly with guys like Westlake's T.J. Shanahan, Odessa Permian four-star Harris Sewell and new offer Conner Stroh of Frisco Wakeland.

Just a quick Tuesday update for you guys while things seem to popping off like severe storms on a late spring Texas afternoon. 

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
...the Ags aren't done riding a wave of momentum from the spring game.

Jimbo Fisher and Co. are sitting in OUTSTANDING shape with several visitors from the weekend, something Howell and Brauny did a great job of conveying during and immediately following the three-day recruiting bonanza.

With Southlake Carroll P Tyler White and La Grange ATH Bravion Rogers joining the 2023 commit list on successive days, don't be at all surprised to see the Aggies' current run continue, possibly as early as today or tomorrow. The guys we're keeping the closest eye on at this time include the South Oak Cliff duo - Malik Muhammad and longtime A&M lean Jayvon Thomas. Other names I feel are leaning VERY heavily the Ags' way include five-star corner Tony Mitchell and 2024 defensive tackle Omar White. Denton Ryan five-star linebacker Anthony Hill isn't making a move anytime soon, nor is Katy Paetow DE and fellow five-star David Hicks, but I continue to believe the Ags are sitting in an enviable position with both. A couple of guys Fisher and the maroon recruiting machine made significant strides with this weekend? El Campo RB Reuben Owens and Arlington Martin cover man Javien Toviano.  

Along the o-line - which will be a big-time priority this cycle - new hire Steve Addazio is building a lot of behind the scenes momentum, particularly with guys like Westlake's T.J. Shanahan, Odessa Permian four-star Harris Sewell and new offer Conner Stroh of Frisco Wakeland.

Just a quick Tuesday update for you guys while things seem to popping off like severe storms on a late spring Texas afternoon. 

A&M with a "VERY heavy lean" from a 5-star CB out of Alabama? Nothing to see here folks, all being done above board! Must just love Jimbo, College Station, and the zero CBs they've put in the NFL there.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

A&M with a "VERY heavy lean" from a 5-star CB out of Alabama? Nothing to see here folks, all being done above board! Must just love Jimbo, College Station, and the zero CBs they've put in the NFL there.

Yeah, but how can you turn down an opportunity to get coached by TJ Rushing?  He's mentored such legends as Chase Lucas, and uh... (seriously, that's the only player specifically highlighted in his official bio - a guy who MIGHT get drafted this year who Rushing hasn't coached since before COVID.)

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1