Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

14 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Like OL, curious what they are doing for DL.  Supposedly Anthony James was told to look around and now Bowens.  I guess it wasn't until July and forward last year when they started throwing the money bags at Nolen, Stewart, ect.

Goodnight, you moonlight ladies
Rockabye, sweet baby James
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose
Won't you let me go down in my dreams?
And rockabye, sweet baby James.

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Also David Hicks teammate. 

A&M would not waste a spot on a teammate. They must save room for all the five stars dying to become Aggies. 

They had the best recruiting class of all time last year! They're a juggernaut! Jimbo knows things other coaches don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Aggy is awfully quiet at QB. Who are they currently targeting for 2023? 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2023-Football/Offers/?PositionGroup=QB

current guy they are evidently targeting is Austin Novosad who is at Baylor?

...after missing out on Iamaleava, Rashada, Holstein, etc

they have 9 offers out to QBs (honestly, probably 8 some dude from Vegas is reporting one who is #80 in the composite?) and 1 of them are from Texas (Novosad)

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I read a thread on Texags where they were discussing QB recruiting. Maybe it was Novosad or some other guy, but they were ragging on him and saying he was another Calzada as though that was about the worst thing ever.

I was reminded of how they hate whoever starts at QB except for Manziel. Calzada spent the year getting creamed by DL and having some pretty nice passes just dropped. Amid all that, he gave them the victory over Alabama. They drove him off. I'd forgotten just how shitty they were towards the only QB on their team with a season of experience.

Every place can be a snake pit including (especially?) this place, but they Aggies were so vicious with public plotting and criticism. Recall that Texags was calling for and maybe almost got a BBQ where fathers of other players would talk to Calzada in hopes of making him more of a man.

I don't remember what Calzada tweeted after the last game, but those fans deserved it. Oh yeah:

spacer.png

Best fans in the world! True to each other as Aggies can be! Howdy! Howdy! Howdy!

I'd love to see Calzada have his "Bama'" type game against aggy this year when Auburn plays them.  It's a home game for Auburn, and they return most, if not all, of the OL and still have Tank at RB.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'd love to see Calzada have his "Bama'" type game against aggy this year when Auburn plays them.  It's a home game for Auburn, and they return most, if not all, of the OL and still have Tank at RB.

Would love to see it but Auburn under Harsin just looks like it is going to implode this year. 

So what was the timeline last year when Jimbo switched from realistic prospects to flat out paying out of state 5-star mercenaries?  Seems like it was pretty late into the Fall before you started hearing about the big names and their new “interest” in aggy. 

Edited by EZ$

Just now, EZ$ said:

So what was the timeline last year when Jimbo switched from realistic prospects to flat out paying out of state 5-star mercenaries?  Seems like it was pretty late into the Fall before you started hearing about the big names and their new “interest” in aggy. 

The highest bidder mercenary types always commit late to drive the price up. The game is different now though with NIL replacing bags, so who knows how it will play out.

2 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

The pool party at the end of July.  That's when guys like Stewart and Nolan started showing up.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any chance when these OL guys start going elsewhere that Jimbo will have to go find the Ryan Lengel's and Jack Leyrer's in the state?

He'll get the Florida versions of them so the agtards can justify it to themselves as "SEC country players"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1