Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That elite 8-4feit record by that elite coach.

It's also hilarious how much stock these morons out into a fucking pool party. Are they going to get some commits that weekend? Sure. Is it going to be because of a stupid pool party with shitty bbq? No

Seriously. These dudes aren’t in elementary school. They’re treating it like the little league team party after the season. “Burgers and hot dogs for the kids, steaks for the adults!!!!” 

It’s one of the the many things that makes them…..them. Watching them implode the next few years is going to be beyond glorious. Especially after the mad shit they’ve talked since Johnny coke head. Hate that we’re playing them again but fuck it, let’s do it the way we always have. Beat them 80% of the time in everything

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Have a feeling they are going to drop huge money on a few big time kids.  Getting passed over again and again far more embarrassing to them than having a good but not great class. 

They’re going to promise to drop huge bags. With fingers crossed behind their back. 

20 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

They’re going to promise to drop huge bags. With fingers crossed behind their back. 

Yeah they definitely not touching last year. Of course, in typical fashion they did it once and considered it the norm going forward; they had arrived.  Idiots. 

11 hours ago, MH BEVO said:

“Y’all getting a lot of money from the people behind these suites if you decide to come play here”*

*If crypto rebounds 1000% by the time you arrive.

6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

“Y’all getting a lot of money from the people behind these suites if you decide to come play here”*

*If crypto rebounds 1000% by the time you arrive.

Oh, and that was a loan, and you are still responsible for the face value at time of transfer. 

Not the amount it was a week after you got it when it lost half its value. Tough luck kid. 

download (2) (2).jpeg

Can someone give me a little summary of the cryptocurrency references?

I gather that recruits may have been paid in the volatile currency whose value has plunged (again) but nothing much beyond that.

Is there evidence that this is what the Aggies did and it is indeed having repercussions? Or is it largely speculation and scorn?

[To you Aggies here looking for phrases to steal because you can't generate your own, this post is an example of what other college educated people or just intelligent people do instead of proclaiming a truth. You actually dig around a little bit instead of quoting the guy next to you in the circular circle of the circle jerk who is doing the same thing.]

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I gather that recruits may have been paid in the volatile currency whose value has plunged (again) but nothing much beyond that.

Is there evidence that this is what the Aggies did and it is indeed having repercussions? Or is it largely speculation and scorn?

Yes, no, other than a few internet rumblings, maybe/yes/no

• Like 1

They aren’t going to drop huge bags every cycle.  In fact, it seems like they blew their load last cycle which was fucking smart of them given other schools were still navigating NiL.  That money has to come from somewhere.  These dudes aren’t going to shell out 6-7 figures every year to entitled 18 year olds that may or may not pan out.  Add in that everyone is now looking at them after the shenanigans from last year and I’m sure most alumni don’t want to be a part of any investigation.  Other blue bloods have money too and players can get paid legally and not have to deal with the media circus those 2022 aggy recruits will have to deal with their entire time there.  You’re going to notice Texas, Miami, and USC clean up over time with all the big corporate entities in those big city markets.  Only so many NiL deals available at the State Farm Insurance agency and dixie chicken in college station.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Spoiler

If there's any truth to the Addison nil rumors, then usc is going need to figure their shit out in a hurry. CTJ seems to have a fair amount of knowledge involving the nil schemes around the county and in his opinion it's Texas, Oregon then everyone else. 

In terms of not having their shit together I think he mentioned atm, usc, mia and Kansas as the ones who need to take a long, hard look at the way they are conducting business. 

Probably just message board nonsense, but a poster on 247 posted about someone telling him that aggy is having trouble getting all these paid mercenaries to show up on time to meeting/workouts.  More than likely just a buncha' bull, but I wouldn't say 100% that it's not happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If I was going to pay a recruit, I would spend my money on proven transfers.

This is the way forward if it’s me. If I am shelling out big bucks I want to know 3 things:

1) the guy has a track record of performing 

2) he plays a position of need 

3) the rest of the team is good enough to warrant an investment. 

All 3 of those things argue strongly in favor of portal instead of high school. 
As an added benefit you should know the portal kid knows how to show up, go to meetings, stay eligible etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is the way forward if it’s me. If I am shelling out big bucks I want to know 3 things:

As an added benefit you should know the portal kid knows how to show up, go to meetings, stay eligible etc. 

Not to mention:

4. He can't transfer again so you don't have to re-bid for him every year.

• Hook 'Em 5

19 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I'm sure it's been beaten to death in this thread, but why in the hell would a QB be picking between Ohio State and................... aggy?

In a vacuum?  Depth chart.  I doubt this kid is a take for Buckeye but Perroni wants the tOSU sheen of accomplishment to rub off on aggy.  I bet the kid sticks with the Fighting Arandas.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Can one of the East Texas guys give me the rundown on Coach King and Jimbo? He never explained it, but Justin Wells has said several times they don’t get along. 

I'm in East Texas. I've heard several interviews on radio featuring coach King. He comes across as a good guy, a straight shooter. I don't have any info regarding he and jumbo not getting along, but I would guess that King probably sees through the bull shit.  Again, nothing other than speculation.

28 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Can one of the East Texas guys give me the rundown on Coach King and Jimbo? He never explained it, but Justin Wells has said several times they don’t get along. 

I don’t know if this still matters, but he was irked at the time that ATM was sniffing the ass of every other QB with 3 stars or better in Louisiana and Texas without offering his son, when his son had made it clear that he was interested. Obviously that eventually got sorted, so who knows if it is still a lingering thing?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is what the top NBA teams do. 

NBA contenders prefer proven veterans to draft picks, because they are in Win Now mode. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The reason the roller coaster fall is so great is because of the height it reaches to start from.

Haven't even sniffed their own conference division? Haven't won a conference championship in decades? Only have a handful of 10 win seasons in their entire history? Pussied out on their bowl game last year? Starting a new QB?

No matter. Predict a full out, undefeated, Championship season!

No way that will ever backfire, right?

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

The reason the roller coaster fall is so great is because of the height it reaches to start from.

Haven't even sniffed their own conference division? Haven't won a conference championship in decades? Only have a handful of 10 win seasons in their entire history? Pussied out on their bowl game last year? Starting a new QB?

No matter. Predict a full out, undefeated, Championship season!

No way that will ever backfire, right?

If Max Johnson is named the starter, then they are going to have a pretty defined ceiling in my opinion. He isn't a guy that is going to win you 10 or 11 games and I would anticipate that he will have a higher number of INTs in Jimbos offense. 

image.png.baf3332277d0bf270f8a490eb9c44df9.png

• Like 1

Resetting the Texas A&M board: Where the Aggies stand on offense in the 2023 class

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Resetting the Texas A&M board: Where the Aggies stand on offense in the 2023 class

Brian Perroni

The busy June official visit period has come and gone and with it, a lot of prospects have come off the board. In fact, the last two weeks or so have been the busiest time for commitments in the entire class of 2023 cycle so far.

Texas A&M is not near the top of the rankings at this point as the Aggies have just five pledges right now. However, Jimbo Fisher and Co. are always very active late in the cycle and that will be the case again this year.

But, with a lot of players having made decisions, we look at where things stand at the moment at each position on offense.

QUARTERBACK

Texas A&M swung for the fences with a couple five-star passers but the Aggies are now completely focused on four-star Dripping Springs, Texas, quarterback Austin Novosad.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder has been committed to Baylor since mid-December but both A&M and Ohio State offered in June and he is now making a decision between those three schools. An announcement about his plans is expected relatively soon.

Novosad is from an Aggie family, which is something that definitely helps A&M. And the longer the decision takes, the better it bodes for the Aggies as he is in frequent communication with the staff.

Novosad, who had a very strong showing at the Elite 11 Finals last week, could be looking at bumps by all the services in the next rankings cycle. But, if he decides to stick with Baylor or go with Ohio State, A&M will have to go back to the drawing board at the position.

At that point, the Aggies may decide to monitor the season seasons of a bunch of prospects. The most likely candidates to be in the class would probably be players committed elsewhere at the moment. Two that they could go back in on are four-star Purdue commit Rickie Collins out of Louisiana and Ole Miss pledge Marcel Reed from Tennessee.

RUNNING BACK

A&M has had two primary targets at running back for some time now. One is El Campo, Texas, five-star Rueben Owens and the other is Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater national top-50 prospect Cedric Baxter Jr.

Owens made a somewhat surprising commitment to Louisville last month but A&M is still recruiting him and will be involved there until he signs on the dotted line somewhere. He has been to Aggieland a ton and it is close to El Campo. Again, this one will go down to when he actually signs.

Baxter is considered a lean to Texas, but he did make an unofficial visit to Aggieland for the final weekend in June. He has been to College Station multiple times and A&M keeps working on him. Texas thought they could have him in the boat by now but he finally set a commitment date of Aug. 10. Florida and Miami are also involved.

Four-star Kaleb Jackson out of Baton Rouge is announcing Tuesday morning. He is a player A&M really likes and had in on an official last month. But, he seems likely to stay in town and play for LSU.

Four-star Jeremiyah Love out of St. Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers is a national top-100 prospect that is ranked as an athlete but is being recruited by A&M as a running back. He officially visited the first weekend in June and also made officials to Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oregon. The Irish are in pretty good shape but he does not have a timeline yet.

Depending on how things shake out and how they feel about their other targets, A&M could get more involved with four-star Roderick Robinson II out of San Diego. He is committed to UCLA but the Aggies went to see him the maximum two times during the spring evaluation period. His offensive coordinator is also former A&M wide receiver Jason Carter.

A&M has also recently offered speedy South Florida prospect Christopher Johnson. A onetime Rutgers commit, he has been really popular in adding some big offers as of late and he has the Aggies as one of his top programs.

Though they do not have offers yet, some in-state guys to watch down the line would be a pair of four-star USC commits in Quinten Joyner of Manor and A'Marion Peterson of Wichita Falls Hirschi.

WIDE RECEIVER

A&M brought in quite a few wide receivers for official visits in June, but the Aggies were still working on figuring out the board. There is still a bit of state of flux, but a few guys are absolute takes.

Five-star Zachariah Branch out of Vegas is the nation’s top wideout but has been committed to USC for some time. His older brother signed with the Trojans in the class of 2022 as well. But, Branch officially visited A&M in late June and plans to be back for the pool party at the end of July. A&M is going to try to keep chipping away there.

The Aggies also are very much a player for five-star Hykeem Williams out of South Florida. He spent five days in town in June for an unofficial visit and has been to Aggieland multiple times. A&M was seen as the leader at one point but Miami has made up some ground with Georgia and Pitt both having had him in town for officials as well. Georgia could be the one to watch as the main competition.

Another South Florida prospect, four-star Andy Jean, is a former Miami pledge and a major A&M target. He released a top five over the weekend of A&M, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Miami.

The Aggies could potentially get five-star Shelton Sampson out of Louisiana in for a visit in the fall. A&M had Georgia commit Raymond Cottrell in for an official last month but he will be tough to flip. They also had Tyler Williams out of Florida but he has an announcement in late September and most people, at least as of now, expect him to choose Georgia.

The Aggies brought in four-star Adam Hopkins out of Georgia and he is very high on the Maroon and White. If A&M decides to push for him, there’s a good chance he ends up on the commitment list.

Four-star Converse Judson wide receiver Anthony Evans is announcing later this month and took an official visit to A&M in June. It will be interesting to see how hard the Aggies push for the speedster, though.

A&M has not been pursuing Longview four-star Jalen Hale as hard as others have been lately and did not make his top three that he announced last week.

TIGHT END

A&M was only going to take one tight end in the 2022 class in Donovan Green. However, four-star Theodor Melin Ohrstrom out of Sweden reclassified from 2023 and then A&M added the nation’s top tight end, Jake Johnson, during the early signing period as he joined his brother in choosing the Aggies.

Because A&M ended up taking three in 2022, they likely will not have a tight end in the 2023 class.

OFFENSIVE LINE

A&M has one offensive lineman committed in Colton Thomasson of Smithson Valley. The 6-foot-8, 325-pounder made his decision almost a year ago. The four-star prospect has played guard the first three years of his high school career but will be at tackle as a senior. He could end up at either spot for A&M.

A&M, like every other school in the country, wants some pure tackles in the class. The problem is, there is a dearth of them in 2023.

The most likely elite true tackle prospect to join the class is probably national top-100 player Chase Bisontis out of New Jersey. The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder took an official visit in early June. He also took them last month to LSU, Michigan State and Rutgers. He does not have an exact timetable but A&M is in a good position with him, as are Michigan State and Rutgers

East St. Louis, Ill., four-star Miles McVay is another player that officially visited in June. He is announcing on Aug. 11 but, right now, A&M is not at the top of the list.

Caden Jones out of Louisiana has seen a lot of offers based on his potential. He camped in Aggieland in June and will be back for the pool party at the end of this month. He is a possibility to end up in the class. A similar player also from New Orleans is Tyree Adams. Payton Kirkland out of Orlando is set to announce later this month. He is tentatively scheduled to be at the pool party but that is probably unlikely to happen should be keep to his announcement timeline.

Two other players to at least keep an eye on are three-star Paul Mubenga out of Georgia, who officially visited last month, and three-star Naquil Betrand from Philadelphia. The latter recently decommitted from Colorado and had spent an entire weekend in Aggieland when he was offered in April.

The most likely offensive lineman to join the class, though, is a prospect that A&M is recruiting as an all-around player in four-star TJ Shanahan of Austin Westlake. A tackle for the Chaps, the 6-foot-4, 310-pounder is simply a mauler in the run game. After moving from Orlando prior to his junior season, he became even higher on A&M. He also officially visited Georgia and LSU but the Aggies look like the team to beat.

The other interior players to watch are Micah Banuelos out of Seattle and Kelton Smith of Georgia. Banuelos officially visited for the spring game weekend and is a player Fisher likes. Oregon is the most likely destination, but he is at least still a possibility for the Aggies. Smith officially visited in early June but most think he will stay in state.

Like clockwork, Aggie’s say they’ve cooled on Hale. 

I have a question about crypto thumb drives. How do people that want to access that crypto turn it into cash without leaving a digital footprint for authorities? I guess they just transfer it to someone else who then turns it into cash and gives it to them?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Hide contents

Brian Perroni

The busy June official visit period has come and gone and with it, a lot of prospects have come off the board. In fact, the last two weeks or so have been the busiest time for commitments in the entire class of 2023 cycle so far.

Texas A&M is not near the top of the rankings at this point as the Aggies have just five pledges right now. However, Jimbo Fisher and Co. are always very active late in the cycle and that will be the case again this year.

But, with a lot of players having made decisions, we look at where things stand at the moment at each position on offense.

QUARTERBACK

Texas A&M swung for the fences with a couple five-star passers but the Aggies are now completely focused on four-star Dripping Springs, Texas, quarterback Austin Novosad.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder has been committed to Baylor since mid-December but both A&M and Ohio State offered in June and he is now making a decision between those three schools. An announcement about his plans is expected relatively soon.

Novosad is from an Aggie family, which is something that definitely helps A&M. And the longer the decision takes, the better it bodes for the Aggies as he is in frequent communication with the staff.

Novosad, who had a very strong showing at the Elite 11 Finals last week, could be looking at bumps by all the services in the next rankings cycle. But, if he decides to stick with Baylor or go with Ohio State, A&M will have to go back to the drawing board at the position.

At that point, the Aggies may decide to monitor the season seasons of a bunch of prospects. The most likely candidates to be in the class would probably be players committed elsewhere at the moment. Two that they could go back in on are four-star Purdue commit Rickie Collins out of Louisiana and Ole Miss pledge Marcel Reed from Tennessee.

RUNNING BACK

A&M has had two primary targets at running back for some time now. One is El Campo, Texas, five-star Rueben Owens and the other is Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater national top-50 prospect Cedric Baxter Jr.

Owens made a somewhat surprising commitment to Louisville last month but A&M is still recruiting him and will be involved there until he signs on the dotted line somewhere. He has been to Aggieland a ton and it is close to El Campo. Again, this one will go down to when he actually signs.

Baxter is considered a lean to Texas, but he did make an unofficial visit to Aggieland for the final weekend in June. He has been to College Station multiple times and A&M keeps working on him. Texas thought they could have him in the boat by now but he finally set a commitment date of Aug. 10. Florida and Miami are also involved.

Four-star Kaleb Jackson out of Baton Rouge is announcing Tuesday morning. He is a player A&M really likes and had in on an official last month. But, he seems likely to stay in town and play for LSU.

Four-star Jeremiyah Love out of St. Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers is a national top-100 prospect that is ranked as an athlete but is being recruited by A&M as a running back. He officially visited the first weekend in June and also made officials to Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oregon. The Irish are in pretty good shape but he does not have a timeline yet.

Depending on how things shake out and how they feel about their other targets, A&M could get more involved with four-star Roderick Robinson II out of San Diego. He is committed to UCLA but the Aggies went to see him the maximum two times during the spring evaluation period. His offensive coordinator is also former A&M wide receiver Jason Carter.

A&M has also recently offered speedy South Florida prospect Christopher Johnson. A onetime Rutgers commit, he has been really popular in adding some big offers as of late and he has the Aggies as one of his top programs.

Though they do not have offers yet, some in-state guys to watch down the line would be a pair of four-star USC commits in Quinten Joyner of Manor and A'Marion Peterson of Wichita Falls Hirschi.

WIDE RECEIVER

A&M brought in quite a few wide receivers for official visits in June, but the Aggies were still working on figuring out the board. There is still a bit of state of flux, but a few guys are absolute takes.

Five-star Zachariah Branch out of Vegas is the nation’s top wideout but has been committed to USC for some time. His older brother signed with the Trojans in the class of 2022 as well. But, Branch officially visited A&M in late June and plans to be back for the pool party at the end of July. A&M is going to try to keep chipping away there.

The Aggies also are very much a player for five-star Hykeem Williams out of South Florida. He spent five days in town in June for an unofficial visit and has been to Aggieland multiple times. A&M was seen as the leader at one point but Miami has made up some ground with Georgia and Pitt both having had him in town for officials as well. Georgia could be the one to watch as the main competition.

Another South Florida prospect, four-star Andy Jean, is a former Miami pledge and a major A&M target. He released a top five over the weekend of A&M, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Miami.

The Aggies could potentially get five-star Shelton Sampson out of Louisiana in for a visit in the fall. A&M had Georgia commit Raymond Cottrell in for an official last month but he will be tough to flip. They also had Tyler Williams out of Florida but he has an announcement in late September and most people, at least as of now, expect him to choose Georgia.

The Aggies brought in four-star Adam Hopkins out of Georgia and he is very high on the Maroon and White. If A&M decides to push for him, there’s a good chance he ends up on the commitment list.

Four-star Converse Judson wide receiver Anthony Evans is announcing later this month and took an official visit to A&M in June. It will be interesting to see how hard the Aggies push for the speedster, though.

A&M has not been pursuing Longview four-star Jalen Hale as hard as others have been lately and did not make his top three that he announced last week.

TIGHT END

A&M was only going to take one tight end in the 2022 class in Donovan Green. However, four-star Theodor Melin Ohrstrom out of Sweden reclassified from 2023 and then A&M added the nation’s top tight end, Jake Johnson, during the early signing period as he joined his brother in choosing the Aggies.

Because A&M ended up taking three in 2022, they likely will not have a tight end in the 2023 class.

OFFENSIVE LINE

A&M has one offensive lineman committed in Colton Thomasson of Smithson Valley. The 6-foot-8, 325-pounder made his decision almost a year ago. The four-star prospect has played guard the first three years of his high school career but will be at tackle as a senior. He could end up at either spot for A&M.

A&M, like every other school in the country, wants some pure tackles in the class. The problem is, there is a dearth of them in 2023.

The most likely elite true tackle prospect to join the class is probably national top-100 player Chase Bisontis out of New Jersey. The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder took an official visit in early June. He also took them last month to LSU, Michigan State and Rutgers. He does not have an exact timetable but A&M is in a good position with him, as are Michigan State and Rutgers

East St. Louis, Ill., four-star Miles McVay is another player that officially visited in June. He is announcing on Aug. 11 but, right now, A&M is not at the top of the list.

Caden Jones out of Louisiana has seen a lot of offers based on his potential. He camped in Aggieland in June and will be back for the pool party at the end of this month. He is a possibility to end up in the class. A similar player also from New Orleans is Tyree Adams. Payton Kirkland out of Orlando is set to announce later this month. He is tentatively scheduled to be at the pool party but that is probably unlikely to happen should be keep to his announcement timeline.

Two other players to at least keep an eye on are three-star Paul Mubenga out of Georgia, who officially visited last month, and three-star Naquil Betrand from Philadelphia. The latter recently decommitted from Colorado and had spent an entire weekend in Aggieland when he was offered in April.

The most likely offensive lineman to join the class, though, is a prospect that A&M is recruiting as an all-around player in four-star TJ Shanahan of Austin Westlake. A tackle for the Chaps, the 6-foot-4, 310-pounder is simply a mauler in the run game. After moving from Orlando prior to his junior season, he became even higher on A&M. He also officially visited Georgia and LSU but the Aggies look like the team to beat.

The other interior players to watch are Micah Banuelos out of Seattle and Kelton Smith of Georgia. Banuelos officially visited for the spring game weekend and is a player Fisher likes. Oregon is the most likely destination, but he is at least still a possibility for the Aggies. Smith officially visited in early June but most think he will stay in state.

I hope @Longhornfrenzy and @texifornia can get the screengrabs of the response to this update, because they should be fucking priceless. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1