Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_20220715-122321.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-122333.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-122342.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-122357.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-122404.jpg

For those curious, confirmed that, with the exception of an August home game (which aggy does not have this year), CO '23 recruits cannot go on officials between June 27 and August 31, 2022.

This is based on 13.6.2.1.5 of the NCAA Division I bylaws

Spoiler

13.6.2.1.5 Football. In football, an institution may provide a prospective student-athlete an expense paid visit beginning April 1 of a prospective student-athlete’s junior year through the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June. However, an institution shall not provide a prospective student-athlete an expense-paid visit in conjunction with the prospective student-athlete's participation in an institutional camp or clinic. Thereafter, an institution may provide an expense-paid visit beginning September 1 of the prospective student-athlete's senior year in high school.

• 13.6.2.1.5.1 Exception -- Home Football Contest.  In August of a prospective student-athlete's senior year in high school, an institution may provide an expense-paid visit to the prospective student-athlete 48 hours before through 48 hours after an institution's home contest that occurs on the institution's campus or in a facility normally used for its home contests.

Apologies in advance to @BurntOrange&White

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I take exception to this, sir. That painting is the Fall of the Roman Empire. But by referencing it here, you are tacitly implying that aTm, either currently, or at any point in the past, would have qualified as an Empire. Which has never happened. Instead, allow me to offer up another artistic selection:

The artist who paints with his ass, but not only - il Sanitario

7849992.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

aggy scheduling an important OV weekend during the dead period is almost too hilarious to be true.

I think it was done on purpose, knowing the way Jimbo operates. I think they plan these visits as OVs to get recruits to lock in their schedules to ATM for that weekend. When we get to the very last  minute, notify the recruits that OVs are not allowed but offer to buy the plane ticket. This gives them a higher probability to keep the UOV and then they can set up an OV during the season. It allows them to get an extra visit from some of these top ranked recruits that may have visited somewhere else that weekend. But they are sucking so bad on the recruiting trail and it may not work so well. JMO after observing that snake operate at Fake Army.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I think it was done on purpose, knowing the way Jimbo operates. I think they plan these visits as OVs to get recruits to lock in their schedules to ATM for that weekend. When we get to the very last  minute, notify the recruits that OVs are not allowed but offer to buy the plane ticket. This gives them a higher probability to keep the UOV and then they can set up an OV during the season. It allows them to get an extra visit from some of these top ranked recruits that may have visited somewhere else that weekend. But they are sucking so bad on the recruiting trail and it may not work so well. JMO after observing that snake operate at Fake Army.

Come on, guy.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

3DA9CCE7-58E8-4E61-AB12-CAA63C1EC492.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

You can buy the plane ticket for unofficials?

Ok Addazio

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Seems like a great idea, if the intent is to do something illegal and that would get you immediately busted by the NCAA, as well has having a tangible paper trail. 

1 minute ago, Vermin said:

You can buy the plane ticket for unofficials?

No, it's a stupid concept. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Come on, guy.

I'm not saying it's happening that way. It just wouldn't surprise me. Jimbo will do just about anything if he thinks it will give him an advantage. I just don't understand why you would schedule OVs for that weekend when you know it's against the rules and you're not willing to break them? They have the pool party every year. Maybe it's an attempt to save face on recruits not showing up? I didn't think about that, but that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Seems like a great idea, if the intent is to do something illegal and that would get you immediately busted by the NCAA, as well has having a tangible paper trail. 

No, it's a stupid concept. 

I'm not saying buy the plane ticket in a literal sense, but pay for the trip once they show up. And, yes, that happens all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm not saying it's happening that way. It just wouldn't surprise me. Jimbo will do just about anything if he thinks it will give him an advantage. I just don't understand why you would schedule OVs for that weekend when you know it's against the rules and you're not willing to break them? They have the pool party every year. Maybe it's an attempt to save face on recruits not showing up? I didn't think about that, but that makes sense.

Your premise is a farfetched absurdity and I type that knowing how these things work and how Fisher operates. They weren't headfaking recruits and other programs to pull some fabulous double-visit stunt that catches the rest of the CFB by total surprise. 

Many of these schools pay for UOVs, yes.

Not in the sense paying for someone's fucking airplane ticket and lying to them about the trip being an OV right up until they have to cop to the truth. ATM, just like every other school that recruits at a high level, will get families with their hands out some recompense for making a visiting once the visit has occurred. They're not doing that through straight up plane ticket purchases and "oh by the way" nonsense. 

Look, some things are best left offline. It shouldn't be our responsibility, in order to keep the threads somewhat meaningful, to assuage this kind of worst-fears-driven nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm not saying buy the plane ticket in a literal sense, but pay for the trip once they show up. And, yes, that happens all the time.

Please, Sandbagging Steve, educate us more on how all of this works. This is the least informed recruiting board on the Internet and we need some guidance about all of the backroom shenanigans that we're not privy to here and never discuss amongst ourselves in great detail.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your premise is a farfetched absurdity and I type that knowing how these things work and how Fisher operates. They weren't headfaking recruits and other programs to pull some fabulous double-visit stunt that catches the rest of the CFB by total surprise. 

Not in the sense paying for someone's fucking airplane ticket and lying to them about the trip being an OV right up until they have to cop to the truth. ATM, just like every other school that recruits at a high level, will get families with their hands out some recompense for making a visiting once the visit has occurred. They're not doing that through straight up plane ticket purchases and "oh by the way" nonsense. 

Look, some things are best left offline. It shouldn't be our responsibility, in order to keep the threads somewhat meaningful, to assuage this kind of worst-fears-driven nonsense. 

I didn't mean pay for ticket in that way. I agree with you there. 

This situation just seems weird, even for ATM. They have the pool party every year and this year they accidentally scheduled them as OVs. It just seems odd, even for ATM. Maybe with some of their staff heading to Oregon business is in disarray.

I didn't mean pay for ticket in that way. I agree with you there. 

This situation just seems weird, even for ATM. They have the pool party every year and this year they accidentally scheduled them as OVs. It just seems odd, even for ATM. Maybe with some of their staff heading to Oregon business is in disarray.

th?id=OIP.ukeUyx1RSTiNygXePjnmKgHaJ_&pid=Api&P=0&w=124&h=168

9 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Forget it Jake, it's Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The simplest answer is often the right one and here it obviously seems to be the case - The aggies have regressed to their histrorical mean as a pack of disorganized fucktards letting their mouths write checks their bank accounts can't cash and beating their chests to crow about their achievements while the rest of the world blows past them at warp speed. Ritz Bitz isn't an aggie by diploma, but he's that redass aggie that got to College Station as quickly as he otherwise could.

Fisher's program at FSU started at a high level inherited from a legend. The accumulation of Fisher's behaviors and personnel choices led to its eventual collapse as he aggressively replaced substance with style. He moneywhipped the ATM program into a solid beginning staff while buying some quality classes. Ultimately though, he's going to grind his staff into rubble and the player mercenaries he's purchased won't be sticking around forever if the program can't keep up with the times. 

Jimbo started with Elko and has downgraded to a DC notorious on every level of the sport, and widely disliked by the players. He started with Turner, went lateral or might have even upticked the role with Henson, and now he's got Addazio on staff running point on fucking up recruitments and sure to create morale upheaval on the offensive side of the ball. He'll keep doing this with staff as he fails to achieve eye-catching results but needs guys he's comfortable with who will join him due to the money. I am sure Robinson is next after this season.

The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There are 2 options: they weren’t paying attention when they scheduled these visits or this is a calculated scheme to game the system. I wonder which one is the more likely scenario for a program run by a man named Jimbo from West Virginia. 

Oh, this is no fucking help. Either one is plausible. So, I think I'll go with they were being dumbasses and then Jimbo tried to scheme around the dumbassary but failed turning the dogshit planning into a workable scheme. Occam's razor, man - Why not both is the most likely scenario in this case.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The simplest answer is often the right one and here it obviously seems to be the case - The aggies have regressed to their histrorical mean as a pack of disorganized fucktards letting their mouths write checks their bank accounts can't cash and beating their chests to crow about their achievements while the rest of the world blows past them at warp speed. Ritz Bitz isn't an aggie by diploma, but he's that redass aggie that got to College Station as quickly as he otherwise could.

Fisher's program at FSU started at a high level inherited from a legend. The accumulation of Fisher's behaviors and personnel choices led to its eventual collapse as he aggressively replaced substance with style. He moneywhipped the ATM program into a solid beginning staff while buying some quality classes. Ultimately though, he's going to grind his staff into rubble and the player mercenaries he's purchased won't be sticking around forever if the program can't keep up with the times. 

Jimbo started with Elko and has downgraded to a DC notorious on every level of the sport, and widely disliked by the players. He started with Turner, went lateral or might have even upticked the role with Henson, and now he's got Addazio on staff running point on fucking up recruitments and sure to create morale upheaval on the offensive side of the ball. He'll keep doing this with staff as he fails to achieve eye-catching results but needs guys he's comfortable with who will join him due to the money. I am sure Robinson is next after this season.

I  agree.

I have one ATM grad in my family.

I should have known.

Elko held the program up and he's gone. His main bagman from Georgia is gone.

You can add Dameyune Craig and Antonio Cromartie to the rap sheet.

It could fall apart this season. I'm not sure the QB room holds up on the field.  Any thoughts on Max Johnson for this upcoming season? I'm curious how you see their season playing out? 

6 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

I feel like we write that about them every year. Hope it's right this time. 

I thought they would be average his first few years and that's probably an accurate assessment. 

I thought it would fall apart last season. Does Wake Forest beat them if given the chance? It should count as a forfeit. Jimbo has won a bunch of close games against average competition. It will be interesting to see how long he can maintain it without Elko. He bought his "future" defense if they all stay on campus. Can he hold it together long enough to keep them on campus?