Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

holy shit i skipped over that cap

class of '26 are going in to their freshman year and completed the 8th grade so technically they "are" in high school but they could still be only 14 years old going to Pool

that is really pathetic

considering classes haven't started yet, they haven't stepped foot in a high school classroom, I didn't really consider that the "are" in high school. either way though.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

considering classes haven't started yet, they haven't stepped foot in a high school classroom, I didn't really consider that the "are" in high school. either way though.

From the way I read the NCAA rules they aren't seniors until Aug 1.  Stand to reason they aren't in highschool until the same day...

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Like Science Denier, I was curious to see a comparison to last year’s list. Dug up these screenshots from one of Texifornia’s posts in the 2022 thread.

0DC199D2-28C2-4E2D-8101-8613FC96671F.jpeg

C3A84D21-839B-40CE-BABF-00E39FDB3EE9.jpeg

96A2B0DA-16A5-4E3C-8EEB-F07400E2D13F.jpeg

so they had more '23 kids last year than they'll have '23 kids this year?

• Haha 1

This guy is getting a run of aggy picks.  Never heard of him.
https://247sports.com/Player/Rahmir-Stewart-46094149/

Quite funny that aggy is damn near requesting a government investigation into players wanting to play with Arch, yet they find it perfectly logical that recently there’s been a sizable chunk of players from the northeast suddenly dying to live in college station.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Quite funny that aggy is damn near requesting a government investigation into players wanting to play with Arch, yet they find it perfectly logical that recently there’s been a sizable chunk of players from the northeast suddenly dying to live in college station.

Looks like someone that was highly rated early and has dropped a ton.  He was 98+ in the composite early on, but now a low 4*.  ESPN, which hasn't updated in forever, has him #145 nationally.  On3 and 247 have him mid-3*ish.  4* on Rivals, but not in the 250.

15 hours ago, Viper said:

so they had more '23 kids last year than they'll have '23 kids this year?

and only one from last year has committed to them so far, an IOL from Spring Branch who was also aggy all the way. Rated a 3 star by all the services except for...wait for it...rivals.

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Jimbo seems to love the NE. 

58 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Honestly I don't get what there is to investigate. We offer them, at a minimum, $150,000 a year if they're an OL. Honestly what's surprising is we're not getting better OL talent, but I guess these are Flood prototypes so hopefully it all works out.

36 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Bisonts is a good get but I was wondering why his ranking was so high based on who his final school choices were. 

He's another example of an inflated rivals ranking. On3 and 247 have him outside of the top 100. 

It’s not nearly as egregious as TJ. You are correct though. On3 and 247 aren’t as high in him as rivals and espn

image.thumb.png.7f0f00aa192299cb7a3c09cb6a429492.png

Edited by MH BEVO

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Bisonts is a good get but I was wondering why his ranking was so high based on who his final school choices were. 

He's another example of an inflated rivals ranking. On3 and 247 have him outside of the top 100. 

Yeah, it's weird. Also, aggy was having to battle Rutgers

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yeah, it's weird. Also, aggy was having to battle Rutgers

supposedly he's got shorter wingspan (78 inch wingspan?)

take a look at our recent croots

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/large-humans-goal-has-been-accomplish-by-kyle-flood/

Edited by westexhorn

6 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

supposedly he's got shorter wingspan (78 inch wingspan?)

take a look at our recent croots

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/large-humans-goal-has-been-accomplish-by-kyle-flood/

I never looked at his measurable but from the picture on 247 he does look like a short-armed guy. 

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Little known fact, Philly's Big 5 has been renamed the Big 6 in order to include aggy

I don't know what the breakdown of aggy pool party invitations usually is, but I assume Jimbo normally brings in mostly seniors-to-be. Which could be a real problem this year, because so many one-time aggy targets now are committed elsewhere. Makes sense that this year's event will be extra-heavy on 2024s instead. Not to try to save face or anything, but because that's how they'll say they planned it all along.  

22 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I don't know what the breakdown of aggy pool party invitations usually is, but I assume Jimbo normally brings in mostly seniors-to-be. Which could be a real problem this year, because so many one-time aggy targets now are committed elsewhere. Makes sense that this year's event will be extra-heavy on 2024s instead. Not to try to save face or anything, but because that's how they'll say they planned it all along.  

Posted a page or two back is a comparison of 2022 vs 2021. 2022 is a joke compared to last

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Honestly I don't get what there is to investigate. We offer them, at a minimum, $150,000 a year if they're an OL. Honestly what's surprising is we're not getting better OL talent, but I guess these are Flood prototypes so hopefully it all works out.

Uh, no we don’t. I’ll assume the 1 was a typo.