Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Texas A&M seems to have fallen off the recruiting cliff. Am I missing something? I can understand a slight recruiting class hangover from last year, but the current 2023 class is ranked at No. 61. Have the staff changes had an impact? Are recruits scared off by last year’s class in terms of getting immediate playing time? Has A&M run out of money? That last one is a joke. Inquiring minds want to know. — CE S. 

What’s up with A&M? — Patrick H. 

Though it was addressed previously in this mailbag, this still seems like something we should dive into a little bit. The first thing that stuck out to me about the question was how you pointed to the Aggies’ current ranking, and let me tell you: That means absolutely nothing. The ranking is very low right now because Texas A&M has only five players committed while the bulk of the classes in front of them have two or three times as many. The quantity of commitments plays a big role in the rankings before everyone gets to 20 or more.

First, you have to look at the average player rating. Right now, Texas A&M’s is 90.98. That is higher than 47 of the teams that currently rank ahead of the Aggies.

It seems like Texas A&M has “fallen off the recruiting cliff” because we are six months removed from watching them assemble the greatest class of all time. Yes, the 2023 class is off to a very slow start. But as we know in recruiting, one really big week can change your entire perception of a class. Just ask Miami fans what that feels like.

Texas A&M is in a really good spot for a lot of top-tier players. It is probably going to end up with Hicks and Hill. The Aggies are also in the mix with five-star receiver Hykeem Williams of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Stranahan and four-star athlete Dalton Brooks of Shiner (Texas) High, two more top-100 players.

The point is, I wouldn’t hit the panic button yet. There is so much talent still there for the taking in the Lone Star State, and the Aggies proved a year ago that they not only can win national battles, but they can turn a recruitment that has trended in a different direction for months to their favor.

Do I think Texas A&M is going to win the recruiting crown this year? Clearly not. But I do think Jimbo Fisher will find a way to get the Aggies back into the top 10, maybe higher.

This is Ari Wasserman. National recruiting guys are absolute clowns.

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That picture is so cringe

To be fair, the Aggies still have plenty of elite battles left to wage on the trail, including battles for Ryan (Denton, TX) linebacker Anthony Hill, Westlake (Austin, TX) offensive lineman TJ Shanahan, El Campo (TX) running back Rueben Owens, Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) wide receiver Zachariah Branch, and Martin (Arlington, TX) defensive back Javien Toviano, just to name a few. 

???

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, Ryan Day is there mentally. He has a plan, and he’s working against that plan everyday. It looks like, from that photo and others, that he’s still winning against his plan, too. 

@SydneyCarton

umm-ok.gif.9d244eec57574d0cc3e17415da0566d0.gif

Yeah you lost me there. But then, bourbon.

Care to elaborate?

Edit: truthfully I don't think Day is handicapped mentally but your response has me intrigued. 

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
See "edit:"

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.thumb.png.daeb97ed084a62d4f2e8e7e641c637f3.png

Asian?

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.thumb.png.daeb97ed084a62d4f2e8e7e641c637f3.png

I see he likes to cosplay as the biggest Asian. Aggie will make him a carboard Samurai Tachi and he can swing it at halftime or before the game with Fake Army. They will then retire the sword and rewrite history with countless traditions. The cardboard will be worshipped forever. THE END

7 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

umm-ok.gif.9d244eec57574d0cc3e17415da0566d0.gif

Yeah you lost me there. But then, bourbon.

Care to elaborate?

Edit: truthfully I don't think Day is handicapped mentally but your response has me intrigued. 

He’s commenting on the fact that Ryan Day is a gleefully enthusiastic pedophile, and that for him every day is hump day. He’s well on his way of following the Ohio tradition of coaching at Ohio State, facilitating and/or participating in the ravaging of children over decades, and then getting elected to Congress. 

• Haha 3