Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

holy shit, he's actually going to visit TEXAS A&M of all places.

you are a top 3 composite player in the country, have been committed to Lincoln Riley for over a year...and you are considering Texas A&M as a legitimate option for your future QB development?

just imagine being a QB and looking at the Lincoln Riley offense vs the Jimbo Fisher offense and saying "yeah, I think that Jimbo's is better" lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

holy shit, he's actually going to visit TEXAS A&M of all places.

you are a top 3 composite player in the country, have been committed to Lincoln Riley for over a year...and you are considering Texas A&M as a legitimate option for your future QB development?

just imagine being a QB and looking at the Lincoln Riley offense vs the Jimbo Fisher offense and saying "yeah, I think that Jimbo's is better" lol

LOL he's going for an appearance fee..

• Hook 'Em 8

Man if A&M did somehow pull off a Nelson/Branch flip, they'd suddenly be competing for a top 2-3 class again easily. I just still can't believe of all places, Nelson would be looking at A&M though. Crazy. I guess the bags are still flowing heavily in CS after all, just took a while to open up this year.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Loved there visit and their is no better closer...

I think I'm beginning to see why you ended up at the Harvard of Harris county. 😆 

Recall that it's an Aggie supposedly writing the piece. But your general point about me and "Harvard" still stands.

• Haha 1

It’s smarter than doing nothing. It may sway a couple of guys to commit to them even though Nelson won’t come on board. They will just say that there is still good QBs on campus and that bringing in kids like Nelson is a possibility down the line. 

Jimbo is good at this even if this is conning kids. 

They struck out on several QBs and now they're attempting to go full mercenary on Nelson. I'm not sure he was even on their radar until desperation kicked in. 

I really can't see this approach working with a roster even when considering all the talent. There are going to be so many transfers if this continues. 

36 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lol no shit Farell. No one thinks it's "for fun". Everyone knows it's business - it's all about the money!

Side note but saw an article that Nelson already has an NIL deal with at least one LA-based restaurant group (high school players can sign NIL in CA). Could be an interesting case study on how to lock your guys down.

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Lol no shit Farell. No one thinks it's "for fun". Everyone knows it's business - it's all about the money!

Side note but saw an article that Nelson already has an NIL deal with at least one LA-based restaurant group (high school players can sign NIL in CA). Could be an interesting case study on how to lock your guys down.

That's why I've never understood recruits of Nelson's caliber not taking visits. 

Even if he's all USC this visit to aggy is going to drive the price up for USC. Get that money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's why I've never understood recruits of Nelson's caliber not taking visits. 

Even if he's all USC this visit to aggy is going to drive the price up for USC. Get that money. 

Yeah all the big transfers do it for a reason. Nelson probably has some NIL advisor telling him to take visits. With that said, if USC can't put real money on the table, anything can happen

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Get it together, guys. If Malachi flips to A&M, I will personally pay special appearance fees to Drew Mehringer to fist futureman and Warehime to shit a golden football. At the same time. 

I guarantee you that this is just to squeeze the SC NIL guys. A good agent will send kids into places with known bags flying around trying to get their school alums to pucker up and pay more. 

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Can you imagine a SoCal kid flying to college station texas to hang out at an apartment complex pool "for fun"? LOL

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They struck out on several QBs and now they're attempting to go full mercenary on Nelson. I'm not sure he was even on their radar until desperation kicked in. 

I really can't see this approach working with a roster even when considering all the talent. There are going to be so many transfers if this continues. 

Stupid sip, don't you know Jimbo is the QB whisperer? Look at his track record with Calzone and Mond!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I guarantee you that this is just to squeeze the SC NIL guys. A good agent will send kids into places with known bags flying around trying to get their school alums to pucker up and pay more. 

NIL is still in its infancy and the approaches being taken have obviously developed/changed quite a bit even this far in. I'm genuinely interested to see where things ultimately shake out from a contractual perspective.

For instance, to avoid situations like you're describing, could the NIL payer for a given university (e.g., USC) include a "no shop" provision in any contract with a HS recruit - meaning, once the contract is signed, the recruit is prohibited from actively soliciting/entertaining offers from NIL collectives not associated with USC, taking visits to other universities, etc.?  Let's assume for the sake of the hypo that the NIL contract in question is otherwise kosher legally. A "no shop" like that isn't tied to individual performance on the field, isn't a direct "incentive" for the recruit to go to the university, and doesn't appear (on its face) to run afoul of some of the other more obvious guidelines.

I know that might all seem ridiculous at first glance, but these recruits/athletes now have the freedom to be compensated like an executive (or business), and do that with the security of written contracts with sophisticated counterparties, so in that sense it's only logical that some of the same legal protections used in the regular corporate world ("no shops" are just one example) would be used for the NIL payer's investment. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

fbee01fb91aece58724f3f3c0f4aa0ab.jpg
When Hayes Fawcett posts something like this, it makes me think this may be real and not just leveraging for more NIL money.emoji2371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

couldn't he just as easily be talking about the ND 5 star edge that's visiting Bama now and on flip watch?

• Hook 'Em 1

To what parties does he refer?

4a56111bcc4fee41a5e19f4856c62422.jpg

He didn’t reference anyone by name, but it was about an hour after he posted this. Maybe I’m reading between the lines, but I’m not tracking on any other recruitment that would make things interesting enough for him to post about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

4a56111bcc4fee41a5e19f4856c62422.jpg

He didn’t reference anyone by name, but it was about an hour after he posted this. Maybe I’m reading between the lines, but I’m not tracking on any other recruitment that would make things interesting enough for him to post about it.

What is a 5 star plus? 

2 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So if they somehow buy Nelson, does the pool party get truly aggy'd and become a proper name - "Pool Party".  You know, so they can all give proper reverence, i.e. - Bon Fire instead of the bonfire or Midnight Yell instead of late night circle jerk? 

we covered this upthread but for avoidance of doubt repeating the best redass bull is go to with a one-syllable word: Pool