Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

fbee01fb91aece58724f3f3c0f4aa0ab.jpg
When Hayes Fawcett posts something like this, it makes me think this may be real and not just leveraging for more NIL money.emoji2371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda seems unlikely he'd post anything before Nelson went public. Obviously he knows how many clicks this post will get though.

• Like 1

This guy has been an aggie message board favorite for a long time, and was thought to be a major aggie lean.  Not sure why they've been so enamored with him (he may have some fast track times?).

image.thumb.png.d4065bc4c3df1714640286ce53386e6d.png

Anyway, looks like their chances are dropping. 

image.thumb.png.ff106f270b76c141cb60e2a384e4d57a.png 

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Recall that it's an Aggie supposedly writing the piece. But your general point about me and "Harvard" still stands.

That did cross my mind, I should have known better. I didn't even apply to UT because I was pretty damn sure they weren't letting me in, even 39 years ago. Now I just take the Groucho Marx attitude about the whole thing. I don't want to attend any school that would admit a student like me.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I still can't believe they paid Nelson to show up to generate fake momentum.

Personally I think this line of thinking is similar to aggy thinking we pay people not to visit them. They probably have an offer on the table and he’s feeling it out.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Personally I think this line of thinking is similar to aggy thinking we pay people not to visit them. They probably have an offer on the table and he’s feeling it out.

I get that, if not for the evidence of them paying players in the past and Jimbo's shady tactics.

14 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I'm sure there's an offer, but his visit also benefits all side even if it isn't that serious. 

From Jimbo's point of view, this creates a lot of buzz AND puts pressure on Novosad to jump on board.

For Nelson, it puts USC boosters on notice to drive up his NIL. Pretty simple Negotiations 101 - you gotta have an alternative option for leverage.

With that said, recruiting is a crazy world right now., Enough money and anything could happen, especially with USC allegedly dropping the ball with Addison. The weirdest part to me is still that it's A&M - why not Ohio St. or UGA or something (neither of which have QBs yet). I guess A&M is the biggest perceived money dropper though if you want to scare people.

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Putting aside how cringe that custom embroidery is, all it tells me is that most coaches can’t BBQ for shit. 

Twenty years ago. He's had 20 years to up his game. More butter! More with the grain cutting! More repeating, "Aggie Style!"

I'm awash in envy just like those chick thighs in their tub of butter.

Meantime Russell, a senior from Tennessee, was charged with failing to identify and giving false/fictitious information in the arrest involving Smith, as Smith’s passenger. Russell provided a fake name and date of birth when asked for both by an officer, according to Lt. Bobby Richardson of university police.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Chris-Russell-Ainias-Smith-Texas-A-M-arrests-17340438.php

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn, they only got one commit (albeit a very good one) with their pool party? Seems like it's not going as well as they had hoped, aside from adding Hill. 

Any chances that Hill can be flipped late in the season?

It’s possible, but doubtful….he has to spend that cash first….imho.

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn, they only got one commit (albeit a very good one) with their pool party? Seems like it's not going as well as they had hoped, aside from adding Hill. 

Doubt they're done yet although it may be heavy leans like Shanahan remaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Doubt they're done yet although it may be heavy leans like Shanahan remaining.

Meh. Don't care about Shannahan. I heard somewhere (I think on a Texas YouTube channel) he has been reaching out to Texas and they've said no thanks. But you're right, I don't think they're done. Any idea who you think commits other than Shannahan (whom Texas, Georgia, and Alabama have all passed on)?

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Who is Brooks? Sorry, I haven't kept up with recruiting this year. Lots of family issues going on 

I am told, per a high-level source, he is probably the most overrated Top 100 player in the nation.

image.thumb.png.0596ca0e0ef38eb383e6a2d958f0d1e6.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I am told, per a high-level source, he is probably the most overrated Top 100 player in the nation.

image.thumb.png.0596ca0e0ef38eb383e6a2d958f0d1e6.png

I could easily be wrong on my view, just going off the one game I saw on TV and I didn't see it.  Decent RB, not a very physical DB that missed tackles and didn't look interested in tackling.

• Hook 'Em 1