Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

The main objective for the pool party was Anthony Hill, the perceived missing piece.  They probably did not want Gullette, Hicks, or other elite defensive players there at the same time to drive up the bidding price on each one.  Gullette was asked to come later because they thought they had created enough momentum with Hill.  That’s my interpretation of the events. 

30 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

The main objective for the pool party was Anthony Hill, the perceived missing piece.  They probably did not want Gullette, Hicks, or other elite defensive players there at the same time to drive up the bidding price on each one.  Gullette was asked to come later because they thought they had created enough momentum with Hill.  That’s my interpretation of the events. 

Embarrassing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bamboozled73 said:

That calls for planning, foresight, and Machiavellian scheming heretofore unseen in the greater College Station area. 

But thanks for playing…

Edited by Junior Bonner

44 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

i mean, do you think Hicks and Hill aren't going to talk?

2 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

That calls for planning, foresight, and Machiavellian scheming heretofore unseen in the greater College Station area. 

But thanks for playing…

They probably learn from last year’s pool party.  They did pull a lot elite guys, but they also spent a lot and attracted all the attention.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I do agree with @Bamboozled73 that something like Jimbo 2023: The Bagpire Strikes Back would be an awesome title change. I don't think I've ever followed what the original title was meant to do for us. Is it mockery? Some joke I missed?

There was a period of time a while ago when their 9.95s and posters got fond of saying they watched the tape of a lower ranked recruit/commit and stating that they are tremendously under ranked. This was before last year’s class poured in, obviously. 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I do agree with @Bamboozled73 that something like Jimbo 2023: The Bagpire Strikes Back would be an awesome title change. I don't think I've ever followed what the original title was meant to do for us. Is it mockery? Some joke I missed?

Billy hyping up some kid who didn't even end up in their class

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Billy hyping up some kid who didn't even end up in their class

Holy shit:

"Here's a guy who Georgia currently holds in very high regard and who (mark my words), will eventually get a serious push from the Dawgs and plenty of other power programs. That will happen sooner rather than later now that he's an Aggie, but Santucci's relationship plus the fact that the Ags were the first to move on him is why he'll be wearing Maroon & White and making plays for Mike Elko over the next four years."

The player in question:

image.thumb.png.b97006df9f099e74dc6c99a46b5695e8.png

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Holy shit:

"Here's a guy who Georgia currently holds in very high regard and who (mark my words), will eventually get a serious push from the Dawgs and plenty of other power programs. That will happen sooner rather than later now that he's an Aggie, but Santucci's relationship plus the fact that the Ags were the first to move on him is why he'll be wearing Maroon & White and making plays for Mike Elko over the next four years."

The player in question:

Excuse me, sir, but that dude has been balling out of control for the ... (checks notes) ... Liberty Flames.

*Ha, now I see the little byline about him signing with them. Whiff. 

Edited by closetojumping

2 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Holy shit:

The player in question:

straight up processed

image.png.ec780a41bdd233a52d606502335f7e7b.png

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he wants to find out the final decision, he just has to wait 150 more minutes. 

ps- if they get him then he’s always been at the top of their board. If they don’t, it’s because they backed off because they got nelson. 

And when they don't flip Nelson, they'll get some low-mid 3* and you'll the "Trust in Jimbo" chant.

A zillion posts along these lines ... 

image.thumb.png.5f69e7a29da1cc3b2bdd8220b1668b84.png

image.thumb.png.a36d95a249609cf13cdd4dcf7ca29188.png

(And many of them are mad at him that he's making an announcement ... sheesh.)

And here's the charmer:

image.thumb.png.8b01ec63cd1efaada89d1f37566743b8.png

And there was a ban bet on the outcome ... some guy was supposed to leave, if Novosad picked Baylor.

So jordanaggie delivers.

image.thumb.png.2316fd38e897a9378bb77a52b6fda588.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Okcool said:

DL Samu just committed to aggy 

twin peaks bread GIF by HULU

Where’s @Bamboozled73 when you need him? Is aggy pushing all their backup options to commit all part of Jimbo’s brilliant pool party plan too? First it’s Samu, next will be the DL they processed out of the class earlier this year. Then they’ll follow that up with that shitty OL. We’re about to see a lot of settling, which is something very familiar to aggies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Where’s @Bamboozled73 when you need him? Is aggy pushing all their backup options to commit all part of Jimbo’s brilliant pool party plan too? First it’s Samu, next will be the DL they processed out of the class earlier this year. Then they’ll follow that up with that shitty OL. We’re about to see a lot of settling, which is something very familiar to aggies. 

Can you imagine the screenshots from Texags and those idiots on gig'em like Carter66 and RiverRat if we took Samu, brought back a processed player (Bowens) and took a low 3* OL from New Jersey who's committing in a few days (Betrend)?