Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.3d7b405d952664233100568685447e58.png 

And therefore he flips to ... the coach who claimed he knew nothing about NIL?  And that they didn't have anyone making money through NIL contracts? (Or whatever it was that Jimbo said in his rants ... )

Somehow I think LA just.might have a few more NIL opportunities than that shit hole on the Brazos 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, this is hilarious that they’re settling so hard right after the big pool party. Nelson is a pipe dream, Novosad just turned them down, a bunch of their priority targets didn’t show up. 

It’s certainly looking like the rumors of them going all in on Hill with not much left for the rest of the class were true. 

Hill was a huge get for them, but If Gullette commits to us this weekend, their pool party was a real limited success. 

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can you imagine the screenshots from Texags and those idiots on gig'em like Carter66 and RiverRat if we took Samu, brought back a processed player (Bowens) and took a low 3* OL from New Jersey who's committing in a few days (Betrend)?

This is the funniest part about their tweet about having the same amount of top 100 players with a 3rd of the commits. They fail to realize that their bread will be way worse than our floor. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

More incoming bread.  Committing Saturday.  Poor guy was getting roasted on texags recently about how he shouldn't be a take and isn't good enough for aggy.

https://247sports.com/player/naquil-betrand-46131038/

Screenshot_20220801-201854_Chrome.jpg

If he commits, it will put their avg at 92.04. Another one like him puts them below us in avg player ranking. Once that occurs, their talking point becomes…..🤷🏼‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This is the funniest part about their tweet about having the same amount of top 100 players with a 3rd of the commits. They fail to realize that their bread will be way worse than our floor. 

aggy math brother. Never fails to entertain.

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s certainly looking like the rumors of them going all in on Hill with not much left for the rest of the class were true. 

also explains why I got three different calls from insurance salesmen today...aggy trying to drum up business to refill the bags

spacer.png

Edited by pacman

3 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

If he commits, it will put their avg at 92.04. Another one like him puts them below us in avg player ranking. Once that occurs, their talking point becomes…..🤷🏼‍♂️

After that it's "we're dragged down by a punter commit" (which is fair, tbh)

Edited by TommyGufano

40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Where’s @Bamboozled73 when you need him? Is aggy pushing all their backup options to commit all part of Jimbo’s brilliant pool party plan too? First it’s Samu, next will be the DL they processed out of the class earlier this year. Then they’ll follow that up with that shitty OL. We’re about to see a lot of settling, which is something very familiar to aggies. 

You misinterpreted my post.   Jimbo is operating with less resources than last year. He went all in on Hill ; thus, they only got him to commit at the pool party.   Dalton Brooks was probably a hard lean/silent for months.  I didn’t say that it was a brilliant plan.  Jimbo is doing with the resources he has this year. 
Anyway, it’s only my interpretation. 
How else could you explain the invite list from this year vs last?

5 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I never got the feeling they pushed hard for a commitment from Novosad if we're being honest

How many QBs have they missed on so far? Novosad, Holstein, Moore, and Rashada? This is Jimbo recruiting at its finest. Miss on all your top targets and then go after Nelson who you had no connection with at all. Then pray that bags will save you.

I know talent is what wins but this type approach has to create problems with the roster eventually. 

If Las Vegas is correct about their over/under being 8.5 and they they just go slightly under for 8 wins, there's quite a shit storm brewing over there. All they see from the last 12 months is beating Bama and recruiting an historic class. They are setting an unrealistic bar for the coming season and thinking they'll get their "natty" for sure in '23. 

Even if they hold everybody together on their roster, they're not going to be Alabama or Ohio State or Clemson (during their run). They need another top class badly to add to last year's, and it looks like it ain't gonna rain.

If they have mercenary attrition because their big players are looking for legit NIL money or their locker room goes toxic, we could be in for some entertainment.

Then there's us. If we go 9-3 and win a bowl game, we're looking pretty good and certainly better. If the Aggies go 9-3 and lose their bowl game (should they play it), they're looking like warmed over shit. 

I'm feeling good about things.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

bag-aggy amateur here....
i don't get novosad.
red-ass legacy.
think case in jimbo's offense.
a guy that pyle won't abandon in year 3.

I don’t know what you said, but it should definitely be changed into a haiku. Then, it probably stilll won’t make sense, but at least it’ll be artistic.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Looch promised hurt feelings after Pool.  Hill committing to them sucks, but not exactly unexpected.  Was he actually indicating that aggy would have hurt feelings? 

didn't he also say they were "far from finished" after Brooks - who as far as we know never camped/visited anywhere but A&M - committed?

Edited by NoName

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If Las Vegas is correct about their over/under being 8.5 and they they just go slightly under for 8 wins, there's quite a shit storm brewing over there. All they see from the last 12 months is beating Bama and recruiting an historic class. They are setting an unrealistic bar for the coming season and thinking they'll get their "natty" for sure in '23. 

Even if they hold everybody together on their roster, they're not going to be Alabama or Ohio State or Clemson (during their run). They need another top class badly to add to last year's, and it looks like it ain't gonna rain.

If they have mercenary attrition because their big players are looking for legit NIL money or their locker room goes toxic, we could be in for some entertainment.

Then there's us. If we go 9-3 and win a bowl game, we're looking pretty good and certainly better. If the Aggies go 9-3 and lose their bowl game (should they play it), they're looking like warmed over shit. 

I'm feeling good about things.

I am honestly a little surprised that people are so high on them coming into the season. The lost a fuck ton on a loaded defense, they lost one of the best DCs in the country, they will be breaking in a new quarterback into Jimbo's system who wasn't a world beater to start with, only a handful of these 5 star guys they pulled in last cycle will start, and they will do so as true freshmen. I think 8 wins is a pretty damn realistic option. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am honestly a little surprised that people are so high on them coming into the season. The lost a fuck ton on a loaded defense, they lost one of the best DCs in the country, they will be breaking in a new quarterback into Jimbo's system who wasn't a world beater to start with, only a handful of these 5 star guys they pulled in last cycle will start, and they will do so as true freshmen. I think 8 wins is a pretty damn realistic option. 

I'm interested to see how they hold up against Miami and Arkansas run game early.  Miami is going to be way more physical/good line play under Christobal (they have an experienced OL) and Arky was running on them pretty good last year until Jefferson got hurt and they return 4 OL.

Aggy is replacing its entire DL and those guys had a ton of starts as well and Hansford at LB.  Clemons, Leal, Peavy, and Tyree Johnson was a lot of production and multi-year starters lost.  They've recruited well at DL, but I'm not sold on Isaih Raikes and Ardarius Jones and McKinley Jackson was a non-factor last year.  Shemar Turner will probably be good, but he was injured last year.  I'm guessing the starting DE's are Tunmise and Fadill Diggs?  Sure some of those freshman get PT, but it'll be a learning curve going against OL's that have lots of experience.  Isn't Overton and Dindy injured anyways?

Who is playing Left Tackle for them?  Zuhn?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm interested to see how they hold up against Miami and Arkansas run game early.  Miami is going to be way more physical/good line play under Christobal (they have an experienced OL) and Arky was running on them pretty good last year until Jefferson got hurt and they return 4 OL.

Aggy is replacing its entire DL and those guys had a ton of starts as well and Hansford at LB.  Clemons, Leal, Peavy, and Tyree Johnson was a lot of production and multi-year starters lost.  They've recruited well at DL, but I'm not sold on Isaih Raikes and Ardarius Jones and McKinley Jackson was a non-factor last year.  Shemar Turner will probably be good, but he was injured last year.  I'm guessing the starting DE's are Tunmise and Fadill Diggs?  Sure some of those freshman get PT, but it'll be a learning curve going against OL's that have lots of experience.  Isn't Overton and Dindy injured anyways?

Who is playing Left Tackle for them?  Zuhn?

I know we love to dunk on Zach Evans but he's definitely gonna tear some teams up and hopefully aggy is one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I know we love to dunk on Zach Evans but he's definitely gonna tear some teams up and hopefully aggy is one of them. 

Evans is damn good, he went blow for blow with Bijan in that TCU game last year, he just had shitty conditioning and couldn't take 30 carries. I think he is going to be really good this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

After that it's "we're dragged down by a punter commit" (which is fair, tbh)

It would be fair if they gave credit/recognition to other teams that have similar situations  dragging down their averages. For example, our 2022 class that had a K and LS.

But of course, they don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Evans is damn good, he went blow for blow with Bijan in that TCU game last year, he just had shitty conditioning and couldn't take 30 carries. I think he is going to be really good this year. 

The difference being Evans tapped out on multiple occasions. Bijan made an incredible run on touch #35 to seal the win. 

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Current and future SEC teams that have won 10+ games in a season since aggy has:

Auburn (multiple)

Bama (multiple)

Florida (multiple)

Georgia (multiple)

Kentucky (multiple)

LSU (multiple)

Ole Miss (multiple)

Miss St

Missouri (multiple)

ousucks (multiple)

South Carolina

Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Current and future SEC teams that have won 10+ games in a season since aggy has:

Auburn (multiple)

Bama (multiple)

Florida (multiple)

Georgia (multiple)

Kentucky (multiple)

LSU (multiple)

Ole Miss (multiple)

Miss St

Missouri (multiple)

ousucks (multiple)

South Carolina

Texas

Yeah ... this is not true.  Aggie won 11 in 2012.

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I haven't verified this but the post didn't say aggy had never won 10 games in the SEC. It said those were the schools that have won 10+ since they have. 

Texas won 10 in 2018 for example. You didn't read his post correctly. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

didn't he also say they were "far from finished" after Brooks - who as far as we know never camped/visited anywhere but A&M - committed?

Who were there other "surprise visitors" besides Nelson? They kept saying there were going to be more 5 stars.

Tony Mitchell may be one based on some stuff on Twitter

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

100% true.  The post I referred to was one of their blowhards predicting 10 wins.  2012 was the last time they won 10 or more games.  Every team on that list has won 10+ games since the last time they did.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Very little. But more than UT has. 

I mean in the last decade Texas has played for a conference title...

A&M has played in two NY6 bowls (Cotton in 2012 and Orange in 2020) vs Texas playing in one.

in the worst decade in program history, Texas has won 55.1% of it's conference games. A&M has won 56.8%

Texas has finished in the final AP poll 4 times. Texas A&M has finished in the AP poll top 25 5 times

let's not act like there is exactly a large gap here over the last decade.

it's not quite as relevant but Texas has also won 7 of the last 10 games played vs A&M.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, NoName said:

They got that 2024, Samu, will likely add Bowens and that other bready guy. Maybe Shanahan. That could be what he's referring to.