Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

39 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i think what really brings your analogy home is the very similar resumes and reputations of derek warehime and drew mehringer as compared to darrell dickey and james coley. great point. 

the problem here, as it has been for years, is dameyune craig, who jimbo cannot for whatever reason seem to part from, nor can craig leave, even as close as he was last year at various points. i think these moves reduce craig's on-field impact, are a neutral to the tight end room, immediately bolster the wide receiver room, and hopefully get craig one step closer to somewhere else. 

This is some impressive cognitive dissonance. Acting like you can’t figure out why Jimbo keeps Craig around everywhere he goes even though he’s a terrible coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I’ll just share this on Craig. I once asked an Auburn fan about Craig. He said Auburn had to get rid of him, he was too sketchy. I respond “too sketchy? At Auburn!”. He responded “yes, even we have our limits”. 

Craig's last two major jobs, pre-Jimbo, he was pushed out of Auburn because it wasn't working out as Co-OC and then he was fired by LSU. Now it sounds like he was demoted at A&M. 

This guy must be incredible at dropping bags because every indication is he's a terrible coach. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Craig's his primary bag man, and you're shocked Jimbo can't part from him? Do you want him to part from last year's recruiting class, too?

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is some impressive cognitive dissonance. Acting like you can’t figure out why Jimbo keeps Craig around everywhere he goes even though he’s a terrible coach. 

bizzle's next post will be his version of "bless your heart. never stop being you." It appears it's his way of dismissing the crazy notion that players aren't flocking to College Station simply for the experience that the town and Jimbo provide.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I thought you were going to say "while drunk in southern France earlier this summer, I was approached by an elderly man who saw my aggy ring from 3 blocks away. He said he just had to come talk to me so he could tell me about the squad of 300 courageous American soldiers, all wearing the same ring, that saved his grand-pappy's village from the merciless clutches of 10000 evil nazis".

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

i think what really brings your analogy home is the very similar resumes and reputations of derek warehime and drew mehringer as compared to darrell dickey and james coley. great point. 

the problem here, as it has been for years, is dameyune craig, who jimbo cannot for whatever reason seem to part from, nor can craig leave, even as close as he was last year at various points. i think these moves reduce craig's on-field impact, are a neutral to the tight end room, immediately bolster the wide receiver room, and hopefully get craig one step closer to somewhere else. 

You may want to consider a trip to Canada after this post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

What are the skills required for being a bag man that would make Craig irreplaceable?

Unctuous charm.  Economy of ethics.  Flexibility of forthrightness.  Proclivity of negative recruiting to stagger Daniel Webster.  Dual-threat as swamp general and exchequer.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

you say this when there is literally no information to back any of these assumptions up

there is going to be a new starting TE - the leading returner in catches from last year is Max Wright lol. obviously there are talented dudes on campus, but none of them have any experience. they are going to be coached by a dude who hasn't coached TE in 30 years

if Coley was such a great WR coach, why hasn't he coached WR for more than 2 of his 25 years as a coach.

there is also going to be a new starting QB this year, and you are happy about flipping over a coach you say is underperforming to be THAT position group's coach? how exactly do you sell any incoming QB that Craig is going to be a net positive for them?

i notice you left the QB room off of your list of changes - and it's a negative. in what universe is this a positive thing?

• positive for WR room (we have like 20 years of Jimbo's offense showing us how little WR matter in his scheme, so is this THAT good of a move?)
  • neutral to TE room (new starter here)
  • negative for QB room

...it isn't like you have a 3 year starter at QB, or you have an uber talented QB room. the transfer portal is a thing too, so you have to keep your current dudes happy.

and as every A&M fan should know after last year, the QB matters a ton. so even if it's a super positive move for the TE and WR room - how is this good?

this post seems to encapsulate most of the reaction, so i'll reply here:

1. yes it is a positive for the wr room as most high school coaches would be an improvement over craig as a position coach. coley has a great reputation from people i trust across the sport and he'll be just fine here.

2. dickey is getting old but knows his shit and still works hard. willing to concede this may be a slight downgrade from coley but another guy with a great reputation within coaching circles. 

3. the qb room hasn't changed as for better or worse that is jimbo's baby and always will be. we can all debate the degree to how good a thing that is. 

i'll give my thoughts on the team later after talking to a few more guys, but the floor of the qb room is way, way higher than it was last year at this time. the ceiling - between personnel and offense - is debatable. 

the bottom line to me is that this is a fascinating year for jimbo; he's got a very talented, albeit young team and a coaching staff that was not at all on the same page last year. for those that enjoy aggie chaos, this should be a fun season.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Vertigo said:

It would shock me if Weigman doesn't get a shot, especially after the giant turd they are laying this year in QB recruiting. I can definitely see king being the odd man out and burning down a major recruiting region on the way out. I don't see him beating out Johnson during camp if for no other reason than Johnson has a season of experience under his belt and seems to not turn the ball over. What is very interesting though, is that Jimbo's supposed opening up of the offense is coming from the Mike Norvell offense as outlined below. The RPO game would seem to lend itself better to King, and Weigman in the future, so if neither of those guys start this year it will be another Jimboing of the offense.  Now, notice that this was recorded prior to last season in January 2021 and we probably already know the answer. 

Watching this now cause the paint finally dried at the office and this is all I have left. 

In 3 minutes he has already referenced Jimbo's "championship" with Auburn despite them not being postseason eligible in 93. No wonder this guy is such a good fit at a&m. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

1. yes it is a positive for the wr room as most high school coaches would be an improvement over craig as a position coach. coley has a great reputation from people i trust across the sport and he'll be just fine here.

2. dickey is getting old but knows his shit and still works hard. willing to concede this may be a slight downgrade from coley but another guy with a great reputation within coaching circles. 

3. the qb room hasn't changed as for better or worse that is jimbo's baby and always will be. we can all debate the degree to how good a thing that is. 

i'll give my thoughts on the team later after talking to a few more guys, but the floor of the qb room is way, way higher than it was last year at this time. the ceiling - between personnel and offense - is debatable. 

the bottom line to me is that this is a fascinating year for jimbo; he's got a very talented, albeit young team and a coaching staff that was not at all on the same page last year. for those that enjoy aggie chaos, this should be a fun season.  

Texas fans don't drink much Kool Aid because aggy buys it all up every single year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, WinningIsHard said:

They COULDN'T let Malachi Nelson commit at the pool party because they were worried about Novosad. HOLY SHIT BALLS.

I know this shit ball.

It's called "faith promoting".

I'm what The Brethren call an Investigator.  I've studied their history extensively.

aggy have the same affliction/trait...  and it is reflected in the inside-can't-explain-it/outside-can't-understand-it mantra....

when they have an intractable logic problem, they come up with something that doesn't violate their world view, and makes sense to them.....  you might call it aggy logic.

but the operative term in deseret is "faith-promoting".

that's what this novosad/nelson narrative is.  it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else.

advantage aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bizzle said:

So 202_ is the year?!

Conversation overheard inside Jimbo Fisher's office:

Evan Stewart - "Coach Fisher, I'm hitting the transfer portal ASAP unless you do something about Coach Craig. I'm tired of his stories about how he was going to be the number one overall pick until those crooked refs let Payton Manning beat him in the SEC championship, and he would have won the Super Bowl but those idiots at Carolina wouldn't put him in the game, and those stupid GM's in the NFL wouldn't give him another chance even though he threw for 600 yards in one game in Europe (BTW, what the fuck is a claymore or haggis??), and how he should get all the credit for Jameis Winston but the biased media are keeping him down, and that he would be the head coach right now at Auburn but they're all racists, and that he should be the head coach at LSU but that grass-eating bastard messed everything up, and now he has to pass by that racist statue every damn day and then deal with WR divas and all their emo drama when he should be coaching QB's and calling all the plays if there was any justice in the world. He's driving me crazy. It's either him or me."

Jimbo Fisher - "OK Evan. I'll see what I can do."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Needs more

"This will continue to be a battle until signing day" and

"When the chips are down, I wouldn't bet against Jimbo"

That is the usual clap trap. That its not there might mean nothing. 

But i choose to believe its because the kid gave them a definitive " fuck you, aint happening"  

22 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Needs more

"This will continue to be a battle until signing day" and

"When the chips are down, I wouldn't bet against Jimbo"

Don't worry, they are going to get the #897 player in the country tomorrow and it will be deemed as "hidden gem" that only the great Dumbo Baggins could find and "way underrated".

https://247sports.com/player/naquil-betrand-46131038/

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Don't worry, they are going to get the #897 player in the country tomorrow and it will be deemed as "hidden gem" that only the great Dumbo Baggins could find and "way underrated".

It'll be interesting if they can follow up that class with a true top 5 this year. 20 and 21 had a lot of bread. I'd compare them to Herman's classes where they had a couple of high end guys with a bunch of projects. One great class will get wasted quickly if 23 is just a top 25 class. 

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's funny, when he first RSVP'd to the pool party even the most committed ags looked at his film and gave a big "oh he's pretty shitty"

The new aggy messaging framework - Jimbo gets any recruit he wants. Jimbo only takes elite classes. Jimbo took [Bread]'s commitment. That means [Bread] is elite. - solves this problem by bypassing the need for fans to look at players or have any higher order cognition at all.

• Haha 1

It's funny, when he first RSVP'd to the pool party even the most committed ags looked at his film and gave a big "oh he's pretty shitty"
The new aggy messaging framework - Jimbo gets any recruit he wants. Jimbo only takes elite classes. Jimbo took [bread]'s commitment. That means [bread] is elite. - solves this problem by bypassing the need for fans to look at players or have any higher order cognition at all.

Two thoughts… that’s a big human.

Higher order cognition is not, and has not ever been, in the Aggie wheelhouse.

3 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Two thoughts… that’s a big human.

Higher order cognition is not, and has not ever been, in the Aggie wheelhouse.

He is very slow footed and plays really high and extended in just about every conceivable way. Knees, hips, arms. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They had one chance to flip Nelson and missed. Once the season starts and SC is rolling on offense and Jimbos offense is fighting for 27 week in and out then Nelson will stop answering the call

I have it on good authority that Evan Stewart is going to catch for 1000 yards worth of bubble screens this year sir. 

• Haha 2

All they got out of the pool party that we care about is Hill assuming Gullette commits to Texas.

Them missing on all their top targets probably hurt us with Hill because that freed up extra money. @closetojumpingwould they have paid the same amount for Hill if they were having more success with other recruits? A more equal distribution of funds is what I'm suggesting. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

All they got out of the pool party that we care about is Hill assuming Gullette commits to Texas.

Them missing on all their top targets probably hurt us with Hill because that freed up extra money. @closetojumpingwould they have paid the same amount for Hill if they were having more success with other recruits? A more equal distribution of funds is what I'm suggesting. 

I tend to think it’s the other direction. The guy they wanted was hill, they overspent to get him. Had he said no for whatever reason, then his money would have been there for others. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, closetojumping said:

bizzle's next post will be his version of "bless your heart. never stop being you." It appears it's his way of dismissing the crazy notion that players aren't flocking to College Station simply for the experience that the town and Jimbo provide.

I looked up top things to do in BCS and... whoo boy. Number two on the list after Lake Bryan is dining under a full moon. 

• Haha 2