Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

On 8/4/2022 at 1:03 PM, closetojumping said:

bizzle's next post will be his version of "bless your heart. never stop being you." It appears it's his way of dismissing the crazy notion that players aren't flocking to College Station simply for the experience that the town and Jimbo provide.

remember, the coro-larry of "it's not a lie if you believe it" is "if it makes sense to aggy, it's by default true"

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My issue there is that it implies they don't have the money now, they don't have a clue on NIL, and they'd need to win a fuckton of games on top of that to be really interesting. NIL deals for other schools might as well be signed in blood once a player commits, for a bunch of reasons not worth going into here right now, to boot. Other schools are not fucking around this cycle.

Intriguing. How solid our are commits in this respect?

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is the right way to think about it.

Also, info flow regarding ATM for me is not fluid. I hear stuff sometimes in real time and sometimes months later, mostly due to the nature of my relationships with those involved. I don't know with any certainty where things go from here for them with this class, but in line with what I relayed about Hill and the pool party, there are people involved with ATM who think they're going to bring the world crashing down around everyone else again with massive bags late in the cycle. As far as I can deduce, they are wishcasting and full of shit. I do not give that info the same credibility as their approach to Hill. Caveat emptor on that tidbit.

My issue there is that it implies they don't have the money now, they don't have a clue on NIL, and they'd need to win a fuckton of games on top of that to be really interesting. NIL deals for other schools might as well be signed in blood once a player commits, for a bunch of reasons not worth going into here right now, to boot. Other schools are not fucking around this cycle.

ATM also doesn't actually have supporters sitting on $30million annually to just sling at guys in order to make Seven Loss Steve and Nick Saban cry. They spent $3+million in bag money last cycle and then were mostly sitting on their hands with the transfer portal afterwards. Hell, $3million in bag money was double anything anyone had ever heard of and is basically dwarfed already for this cycle via legit NIL work at various schools. 

They also got a lot of mileage out of (miraculously) beating Alabama last year.

Sure, they were planning all along to drop the bags, but if Fisher loses to Saban after pretty much guaranteeing a win over the summer they don't have the recruiting momentum to sweep up all those 5 stars.

Who is starting on the aggy OL?  I know Foster, Fatheree and Layden Robinson are penciled in, but who are the other two?  I've seen Trey Zhun mentioned as the other Tackle.  Ogunbiyi at other Guard?  Robinson was hurt some last year and I don't think they can afford to lose either Tackle, I honestly don't even know who a backup Tackle would be?

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is starting on the aggy OL?  I know Foster, Fatheree and Layden Robinson are penciled in, but who are the other two?  I've seen Trey Zhun mentioned as the other Tackle.  Ogunbiyi at other Guard?  Robinson was hurt some last year and I don't think they can afford to lose either Tackle, I honestly don't even know who a backup Tackle would be?

Ourlads has depth charts for all D1 schools. Not sure how up-to-date they are, but here's a link to ATM. Looks like they have a transfer for OG along with Zuhn, Foster, Robinson, Fatheree.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas-am/92039 

On 8/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, bizzle said:

coley has a great reputation from people i trust across the sport and he'll be just fine here.

Coley has a great reputation as a bagman. 

I don't think he was even particularly good as the tight ends coach. He was brought in 2 years ago with a perceived top round talent in Wydermyer who regressed and went undrafted. Nothing from Coley tells me he's a good coach. His wide receivers were mediocre at Georgia, he was demoted 1 year after being named the offensive coordinator at Georgia, and then Wydermyer regressed under Coley at A&M.

What on his coaching resume makes you think he's a good coach? He's never done anything good other than buying recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

His wide receivers were mediocre at Georgia, he was demoted 1 year after being named the offensive coordinator at Georgia, and then Wydermyer regressed under Coley at A&M

I don’t know if Coley is a good coach or not, but I think Wydermeyer is really lazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t know if Coley is a good coach or not, but I think Wydermeyer is really lazy. 

I did a deep dive on Coley and he's not a good coach. 

From 2013-2015 he was the offensive coordinator at Miami. 

Spoiler

1) Coley was most known for this terrible play call in the Sun Bowl. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/12/26/10668068/miami-washington-state-sun-bowl-blizzard-halfback-pass

2) There is some great material on the Miami sites where they compare Coley to Manny Diaz at Texas. Linked below. 

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/bye-james-coley.95642/

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/james-coley-thread.154744/page-2#post-4353191

3) Coley was so bad as an offensive coordinator nobody offered him another coordinator job when he was finished at Miami. 

Then Coley becomes the wide receivers coach at Georgia from 2016-2017

Spoiler

The Georgia wide receivers didn't do anything spectacular. The system and QB play were not ideal but that's beside the point. Just another data point of Coley not doing much as an actual coach. 

Georgia's wide receivers also improved in production once they hired a different assistant. 

Then Coley becomes the offensive coordinator at Georgia in 2019. 

Spoiler

Demoted after 1 year because of how terrible the offense was. Fromm's development also regressed with Coley as the QB coach. 

Then Coley becomes the tight end coach at A&M. 

Spoiler

The tight ends produced because that's Jimbo's focus but there was no development. Their top TE regressed under Coley. Maybe that was on Wydermyer being lazy but it's just another data point of Coley doing jack shit as an actual coach. 

Coley is the Caucasian version of Dameyune Craig. A coach that continues to prove he's a terrible assistant but keeps getting high profile jobs because of one reason and we all know that reason. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 6

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wow I did not realize Wydermyer didn’t get drafted. They failed in his development. 

With how dependent Jimbo's offense is on tight ends you would think their tight end room would be a lot better than it is. 

They had some bad luck with Cupp's injuries but their tight end room is not good and will be dependent on several freshman. They need Jake Johnson or Donovan Green to be an impact player right away. 

completely off-topic bread story

my life path as a type-2 carbaholic was set in motion one day in the mid 70's when my webelos den took the Mrs. Baird's tour at the old factory at Mockingbird and 75

hot loaves pulled apart steaming and golloped with real butter

goddamn you Mrs. Baird's

winter of '90 or '91 was a polar vortex like last year, and the hot bread smell traveled all the way to lower greenville

the 20th century recedes

@looch get your ass in gear and publish your 44

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1