Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Myles Jones serious injury?  Was he even starting, thought starting CB's were Jaylen Jones and Chappell?

Jaylen Jones started most of last year because Myles Jones was injured but I think most believe he's more of a safety. 

This guy seems to think it was going to be Myles Jones and Chappell. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-am-aggies/news/projecting-texas-ams-preseason-camp-depth-chart-defense/

Edited by Rickylovesweed

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"6. The TE room has to be the most talented in the country. Just looking at him standing there, you would think Jake Johnson is an NFL TE. Dono made a couple nice catches. Max Wright has clearly been working hard. His blocking technique has really improved - he was holding his ground against some seriously talented defensive linemen. The experience is lacking, but the raw potential certainly isn't."

On 8/5/2022 at 2:56 PM, closetojumping said:

My issue there is that it implies they don't have the money now, they don't have a clue on NIL, and they'd need to win a fuckton of games on top of that to be really interesting. NIL deals for other schools might as well be signed in blood once a player commits, for a bunch of reasons not worth going into here right now, to boot. Other schools are not fucking around this cycle.

wait, are you saying that "The Fund" - who doesn't have a website, goals, list of people associated with it and who only does marketing through word of mouth between players - isn't the future direction of NIL?! lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

tell me you don't follow any school other than A&M without saying it...

6. The TE room has to be the most talented in the country. Just looking at him standing there, you would think Jake Johnson is an NFL TE. Dono made a couple nice catches. Max Wright has clearly been working hard. His blocking technique has really improved - he was holding his ground against some seriously talented defensive linemen. The experience is lacking, but the raw potential certainly isn't.

Georgia:

image.png.58ad446eb5ac04488f625d31985b9e40.png

A&M:

image.png.00628d86a64ab00d0c68655d417ff22d.png

Bowers last year had 56 catches for 882 yards and 13 TDs. as a true freshman.

A&M TEs last year, collectively, had 43 catches for 538 yards and 4 TDs.

this does not include Arik Gilbert who was #5 overall in the country as a recruit and who is probably more of a WR than a TE at this point.

oh yeah, and there is this for the upcoming season:

image.png.f04996ba424f430f8e114afae7c508b2.png

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Guys, practice was amazing. I watched it from a small dirigible, so my viewpoint was different than anyone else’s. Here are my key takeaways:

1) The players looked excited to be there. 

2) Coach Adazzio is a fucking animal. He proved this by constantly getting in players’ faces and screaming profanities at them while onlookers stared agape. Robinson is the leader and he’s a tank. Foster was in street clothes, no big deal. Kam Dewberry is a giant, so you know he’s good. 

3) The best thing about our running backs is that they can catch passes. LJ got way behind the secondary for a reception of almost 30 yards. Some guy named Amari Daniels is the real deal, folks. 

4) The QB battle is really heating up. Haynes King looked so good at times that Coach Fisher stopped screaming at other people and ankle-biting them in order to fist bump King. Then King threw interceptions. He was dropping absolute dimes when he wasn’t throwing picks though. True fish Connor Weigman struggled to complete any passes, but my lord, when he scrambles against air, he looks like a certain Heisman winner who apparently cannot be named. I didn’t really notice the other guy, so if someone saw him make an appearance during a 2 hour practice, let me know. 

5) Our defensive line is going to angrily buttfuck more fatasses than Terry Price and Steve Adazzio at a whorehouse on Big Girl discount night. Fadil Diggs looks like Roger Clemons. Shemar Stewart is already disrupting the depth chart and causing problems. And not just with the offensive line. His play has caused Dindy and Nolen to sit out practices via holdout until better terms and assurances on their deals can be made. 

6) TE. None of these guys have played a down except for the 6th year gimp, but they’re probably the best position group in the country. Max Wright has been working out, btw. 

7) While Candi would argue otherwise, don’t sleep on the WRs, fellas. Evan Stewart and “Moose” made some amazing catches while being absolutely mauled by defensive backs.  Chase Lane and Devin Price also caught passes during warmups. These guys looked like a roaming pride of fuck-lions while waiting to be called in for plays during the scrimmage from the sidelines. 

Finally, this is a championship team that the nation has been waiting on to rise up and ascend the god damned throne of college football. If they can somehow get out of their own division this year, a nation’s dream may finally come true. 

You had me at the use of the word dirigible. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) Coach Adazzio is a fucking animal. He proved this by constantly getting in players’ faces and screaming profanities at them while onlookers stared agape. Robinson is the leader and he’s a tank. Foster was in street clothes, no big deal. Kam Dewberry is a giant, so you know he’s good. 

Don’t forget - you can tell that the players “definitely respect him” from your vantage point watching an open practice. 

36 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

image.thumb.png.cb335edfbc74da66d11d593dd6af0efa.png

“Once the scrimmage type of thing started, none of the QBs were comfortable enough in the pocket to take deep shots”

So although they’re wearing non-contact jerseys, they were still afraid of being mauled by that ferocious line that simply disregards the non-contact aspect of things? 

Coach Addazio is great. The guy is intense. Really intense. He has no filter, and he has no problem getting in the players' faces and chewing them out in front of everybody. But the guys definitely respect him and want to play hard for him. Layden was clearly the leader of the group, and the guy is an absolute tank. Bryce wasn't suited up today. Dewberry doesn't look like a freshman. The kid is big, and I think we will see him on the field before too long.

You know who else appreciates Coach Addazio's intensity, lack of filter, getting in your face and chewing you out? Random custodians trying to do their job.

It's a little disappointing that we didn't get a DJ Durkin update. "Coach Durkin knows just how to motivate his players. The kids are just dying to play for him."

The guy is intense. Really intense. He has no filter, and he has no problem getting in the players' faces and chewing them out in front of everybody. But the guys definitely respect him and want to play hard for him.

God, Aggies eat this shit up. 

Are the players intense? Do they have a swagger? Are they constantly and broadly demonstrating how much they care about winning? Are the coaches tough but fair as they spray spittle all over the players who deep down love them like we would a movie drill sergeant from the 1950s if we ever joined our awesome, stud, badass military like some of the boys in the Corps do?

Is everybody afraid of our manly manfulness now? Let's all stand on one leg, do the A from Y-M-C-A and yell, whoop!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Are the players intense? Do they have a swagger? Are they constantly and broadly demonstrating how much they care about winning? Are the coaches tough but fair as they spray spittle all over the players who deep down love them like we would a movie drill sergeant from the 1950s if we ever joined our awesome, stud, badass military like some of the boys in the Corps do?

Is everybody afraid of our manly manfulness now? Let's all stand on one leg, do the A from Y-M-C-A and yell, whoop!

But how are the players interacting with Reveille? It’s important to see if they have that bond. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You should change like some of the boys in the Corps do to "like a few of the boys in the Corps do".  That would be more accurate and convey the actual picture. 

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Guys, practice was amazing. I watched it from a small dirigible, so my viewpoint was different than anyone else’s. Here are my key takeaways:

1) The players looked excited to be there. 

3) The best thing about our running backs is that they can catch passes. LJ got way behind the secondary for a reception of almost 30 yards. Some guy named Amari Daniels is the real deal, folks. 

4) The QB battle is really heating up. Haynes King looked so good at times that Coach Fisher stopped screaming at other people and ankle-biting them in order to fist bump King. Then King threw interceptions. He was dropping absolute dimes when he wasn’t throwing picks though. True fish Connor Weigman struggled to complete any passes, but my lord, when he scrambles against air, he looks like a certain Heisman winner who apparently cannot be named. I didn’t really notice the other guy, so if someone saw him make an appearance during a 2 hour practice, let me know. 

5) Our defensive line is going to angrily buttfuck more fatasses than Terry Price and Steve Adazzio at a whorehouse on Big Girl discount night. Fadil Diggs looks like Roger Clemons. Shemar Stewart is already disrupting the depth chart and causing problems. And not just with the offensive line. His play has caused Dindy and Nolen to sit out practices via holdout until better terms and assurances on their deals can be made. 

6) TE. None of these guys have played a down except for the 6th year gimp, but they’re probably the best position group in the country. Max Wright has been working out, btw. 

7) While Candi would argue otherwise, don’t sleep on the WRs, fellas. Evan Stewart and “Moose” made some amazing catches while being absolutely mauled by defensive backs.  Chase Lane and Devin Price also caught passes during warmups. These guys looked like a roaming pride of fuck-lions while waiting to be called in for plays during the scrimmage from the sidelines. 

Finally, this is a championship team that the nation has been waiting on to rise up and ascend the god damned throne of college football. If they can somehow get out of their own division this year, a nation’s dream may finally come true. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That practice summary on Texags was hilarious. 

Somehow they think the offense and defense can both be dominant at the same time even when they're playing against each other. I guess they don't understand zero-sum. 

They always view the spring game as a W. Hell they used it to claim a 10-win season not too long ago. Such losers.

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

ESPN just did an article on who puts the most/best players into the NFL at each position. It's apt that ATM is Punter's University. Aggies are definitely the best at punting until next week/month/year/season/lifetime.

Punter U is Texas A&M

The Aggies have taken the Punter U crown each of the past two years, thanks in large part to star Braden Mann, who was a sixth-round draft pick by the punt-first Jets. Still, Utah and Tennessee remain hot on the Aggies' trail. We still doubt that's enough to get fans to start rooting against going for it on fourth down.

The top 5

1. Texas A&M
2. Utah
3. Tennessee
4. Cal
5. Georgia Tech

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34206607/college-football-position-u-2022-which-schools-produce-most-talent-position

Edited by Genghis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That practice summary on Texags was hilarious. 

Somehow they think the offense and defense can both be dominant at the same time even when they're playing against each other. I guess they don't understand zero-sum. 

They will understand prisoner’s dilemma soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, Sir Ulrich said:

Went back and looked to see which #1 class had the worst follow up class. Since 2002 only two schools dropped into the double digits ( '03 Texas ranked #15 and '11 Florida ranked #11 after taking less than 20 kids) the rest all were able to stay in the top 5 year over year and most of them stayed in the top 2 or 3. If a&m (#60 currently) doesn't turn it on then they will be looking at blowing this record out of the water. 

Bumping this. At #46 and losing their second highest commit its hard to see them not destroying this record. If they don't win big it'll be tough sledding for Jimbo

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

YARN | Well, well, well, how the turntables... | The Office ...

https://247sports.com/player/bravion-rogers-46111814/

Where does Bravion Rogers end up? Sark says he likes 6'0"+ corners and Rogers is not. Soooo maybe Javien Toviano is ahead of him on the board? 

Better yet, when does Jayvon Thomas make the move to join his teammate Muhammad? He’s got an inch on Rogers.

24 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

YARN | Well, well, well, how the turntables... | The Office ...

https://247sports.com/player/bravion-rogers-46111814/

Where does Bravion Rogers end up? Sark says he likes 6'0"+ corners and Rogers is not. Soooo maybe Javien Toviano is ahead of him on the board? 

That 247 listing is old, Rogers is about 6' and the staff was definitely after him. They were actually one of the earlier schools on him. I wonder if they kept recruiting him after he committed.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It was a dumb tweet because they only had 7 or 8 commits then. That average recruit ranking is going to drop substantially once they start adding bread after all these misses. 

Of course you're going to have a higher average recruit ranking when other schools already twice as many commits. 

But they needed something to make themselves feel better 

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

Maybe I am thinking of someone else, but I remember someone saying Rodgers really wanted that aggy offer.   He camped there in the Spring to earn an offer (despite being a top recruit) and committed soon after.

With Hill's recruitment, he probably realized he should have gotten a bag 1st.  

Edited by walker
  • Hook 'Em 2