Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Texas A&M is down to #62 OFEI team in the country. somehow their underlying OFEI metrics are even worse

• Offensive Drive Efficiency is 96th in the country (!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Drive is 111st in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Available Yards Percentage (drive yards / drive yards available based on starting field position) is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Play is 86th in the country
  • Offensive TD Rate is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Value Drive Rate (% of offfensive drives that conclude wit ha drive end value greater than start value based on starting field position) is 107th (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • First Down rate is 78th
  • Busted Drive rate is 36th
  • Turnover Rate is 60th

https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ofei

Iowa is #86 in OFEI but underlying metrics have them as 105 in ODE, 101 in Points per Drive, 106 in available yards %, 100 in points per play, 100 in TD rate, 109 in value drive rate, 65th in 1st down rate, 27th in busted drive rate, 72 in turnover rate.
as a reminder they still have to play some STOUT defenses. Miss St is #10 in DFEI, Bama is #3, Ole Miss is #22, Florida is #24, LSU is #19. even the less good defenses they face are still ok - Auburn is #34, Arkansas is #45.

the next 3 weeks of Arky/@Miss St/@Alabama is going to be a tough stretch.

their offense is somehow going to look even more putrid as the preseason projections fall off.

it's going to kill their offensive metrics and hurt them recruiting wise even more.

"Don't care, got #1 class ever and had larger attendance to watch us lose." -Aggy

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2022 at 6:05 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Elko is overrated but good. 

He was who was saving Jimbo. 

This is exactly what I was going to say (minus the Jimbo part). 

Elko is an ok DC, but he's hardly some witch who gets 5 stars and makes them 1st rounders. He and and Jimbo are good salesmen (donor money), but I will admit I'm glad they got Durkin since he's retarded and sucks at his job. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Elko is an ok DC, but he's hardly some witch who gets 5 stars and makes them 1st rounders. He and and Jimbo are good salesmen (donor money), but I will admit I'm glad they got Durkin since he's retarded and sucks at his job. 

Elko's doing well at Duke so far. He might just be a good coach.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Very true, but just an average DC. 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Elko is a pretty damn good DC. anyone acting otherwise is dumb.

Checks Out Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Elko is a pretty damn good DC. anyone acting otherwise is dumb.

55 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Checks Out Season 2 GIF by The Office

God. I can go months without remembering that that know-nothing rube exists. Then I see shit like this and I am shocked that: a) he’s still out there floating his abject stupidity and b) that there are regular posters that don’t have him on ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

God. I can go months without remembering that that know-nothing rube exists. Then I see shit like this and I am shocked that: a) he’s still out there floating his abject stupidity and b) that there are regular posters that don’t have him on ignore. 

We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) He's whining about others having money and poor ATM can't spend in the same way. He's been doing this, but it's just more evidence of the fact that they don't have an endless spigot for the program from the booster side. They're fighting against the portal and in recruiting after blowing major dollars last cycle. Everyone wants to see them slapped down for it, and everyone has the money to do so.

were you the one talking about how one of the results of last year was everyone in the region + SEC going Gary Patterson-style negative recruiting on them at every potential turn?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. They messed with the established order, even as that order has shifted towards figuring out NIL, which is the wild west for everyone. So they pissed everyone off, lied about what they were doing while mocking the NIL emergence, and have been left completely flatfooted with a giant "kick me" sign on their back. There aren't a bunch of people in the CFB coaching ranks cheering for Jimbo Fisher. 

I know you aren't a fan of Sarkisian. But one of the things that he definitely has going for him is his affability. I really haven't noticed anyone in the CFB world or media actively rooting for Sark to fail. In fact, many actually want Sark to be successful. The last time we had that on the 40 Acres might have been during the first half of Buttertooth's tenure.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

First of all, I agree with your thoughts in this post. A lot of the media guys are damned near overtly cheering for him, which sucks for us if he doesn't succeed because all we're hear about from them is that something is wrong at Texas. Herbstreit and Sarkisian are buddies and he can't wait to pimp the guy when he gets a chance. I think Leinart and Bush really like him as well. Same for Finebaum.

As it pertains to my views on Sarkisian, I'd just like to point out that as a person, I like him just fine. I've had the chance to be around him in private and he's legitimately a nice, fun, interesting guy.

As a coach, my view on him is not complicated by any of that and isn't complicated in general. He shit the bed last season. It wasn't all culture-related. They got outcoached in multiple games. His history gives me no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt thus far. That considered, all he needs to do is win. Win, and then build on that and win more, and then get us into the CFP picture regularly. If he does that, I'm all for him retiring at Texas in 30 years having built a dynasty. Folks can unintelligently throw old posts of mine in my face when they let me online in the old folks home. Don't care. Win. 

And this right here is why its asinine for anybody that wants to argue with ctj about whether or not Sark can be good at Texas.

It's clear that it's pretty black or white (he won games or lost games) for you.

Anything else (bad luck, shitty players, even worse officiating, good 1st halves, good play design, etc.) is just shit that doesn't matter. 

The only thing driving your opinion of him is wins and losses. And that's a valid point of view, even if others don't understand that and want to view him through a different lens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

And this right here is why its asinine for anybody that wants to argue with ctj about whether or not Sark can be good at Texas.

It's clear that it's pretty black or white (he won games or lost games) for you.

Anything else (bad luck, shitty players, even worse officiating, good 1st halves, good play design, etc.) is just shit that doesn't matter. 

The only thing driving your opinion of him is wins and losses. And that's a valid point of view, even if others don't understand that and want to view him through a different lens. 

When did ctj get a publicist? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is a pretty telling post by Billdo. 

1) He's got nothing left in the tank when it comes to "just wait, big commitments are coming." They're up shit creek on the big game hunting aspect of recruiting OOS this cycle and he knows it. 

2) He's whining about others having money and poor ATM can't spend in the same way. He's been doing this, but it's just more evidence of the fact that they don't have an endless spigot for the program from the booster side. They're fighting against the portal and in recruiting after blowing major dollars last cycle. Everyone wants to see them slapped down for it, and everyone has the money to do so. 

3) The last remaining strategy being espoused by the coaching staff and fed to Liucci is "hey, all we gotta do is win and things will turn out okay" but that's basically just hope as a strategy. No shit winning helps. The counter to this is - if they don't stack wins up like they need to, guys like Hill are in jeopardy. If Hill's options are less money up front but being a star on a winning team on the rise with corporate options for stars, or taking the max up front and settling in for 6-6ish at Portal U in BCS, the big dick money flop from July might not matter. People on our side have a lot of confidence that Hill can be flipped IF Texas puts together a strong season and ATM shits the bed.

I don't think they have the money to take Toviano, Hicks, Owens, and Hill in this cycle, plus retain everyone they want on their roster. I won't be completely surprised with a Hill decommit and that money slung at Owens and Bowen immediately to offset it. Hicks winds up at OU. Toviano will get whatever he wants wherever he wants to go, so I assume that winds up being LSU for whatever reason. If ATM had 2022 cycle money to sling this cycle, all of those guys wind up signing with ATM except maybe Toviano.

Stoopid sip. Don't yew no that aggy is the richst pro gram in the cuntree and haz more monee than errbody?

Weez playin 4DEE checcers birches!

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

We need more of that.  The longer they go without a competent OC, the better it is for everyone.  #TrustJimbo

Which is why I get *angry* with the national media who keep making fun of Jimbo’s offense and their stats. I want to call in or tweet at them that “no, just trust the system!”

• Hook 'Em 2

image.png.10353a064e42a15dd3d556a2a92de149.png

They have so many ways to refer to NIL that don't really fit.  Here, as in many others, the talk about the program throwing money at NIL or revving up the NIL machine. This quote is from High Priest Liucci who clearly doesn't have an idea of what he's talking about either.

Of course, they didn't use NIL last year, so they wooed all those players with glory of Texas A&M and Jimbo. Nevertheless, they note their big money donors may have emptied their pockets last year. If they didn't spend setting up NIL deals like Texas and other schools, where did their money go?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Amazing, Jimbo has the 1, 7, 6, 4 classes in the last 4 years. So, an average of 4.50 and they need to hit the portal hard.

I always wondered what it must have been like to observe post 2009 Mack Brown from an outside perspective.  Now I know.

Just amazing to achieve this level of futility with that level of talent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2