Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

There's clearly something soft about their culture and they can't develop players. 

I remember my dad’s answer to me years ago when I had mentioned something about a blue chip player they got one year: “whatever, they’ll turn him into a yellow chip when all is said and done”.

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

First of all, I agree with your thoughts in this post. A lot of the media guys are damned near overtly cheering for him, which sucks for us if he doesn't succeed because all we're hear about from them is that something is wrong at Texas. Herbstreit and Sarkisian are buddies and he can't wait to pimp the guy when he gets a chance. I think Leinart and Bush really like him as well. Same for Finebaum.

As it pertains to my views on Sarkisian, I'd just like to point out that as a person, I like him just fine. I've had the chance to be around him in private and he's legitimately a nice, fun, interesting guy.

As a coach, my view on him is not complicated by any of that and isn't complicated in general. He shit the bed last season. It wasn't all culture-related. They got outcoached in multiple games. His history gives me no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt thus far. That considered, all he needs to do is win. Win, and then build on that and win more, and then get us into the CFP picture regularly. If he does that, I'm all for him retiring at Texas in 30 years having built a dynasty. Folks can unintelligently throw old posts of mine in my face when they let me online in the old folks home. Don't care. Win. 

I listened to the latest Cowherd/Klatt segment today and both of those guys are completely open about the fact that they love Sarkisian AND Texas. In fact Klatt has Texas as his #10 team in the country. It was pretty amazing to hear considering everyone in the media makes a living taking pot shots at Texas. Makes me sad we are leaving Fox coverage. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 6

59 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I listened to the latest Cowherd/Klatt segment today and both of those guys are completely open about the fact that they love Sarkisian AND Texas. In fact Klatt has Texas as his #10 team in the country. It was pretty amazing to hear considering everyone in the media makes a living taking pot shots at Texas. Makes me sad we are leaving Fox coverage. 

Klatt loves Texas. I think Drew Kelson knocked some sense into him back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

FdWpY9mXoAIGjho?format=jpg&name=mediumFdWpZXpXEAIgXvQ?format=jpg&name=medium

“ Well fellow whoopers, the pooch has been screwed once again. Don’t let this minor setback get you down though…… because the staff will continue to harass the shit out of the kid until he blocks their number. Remember, lot of season left……….we run the table, and watch out. Trust Jimbo!!” - Brauninger

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

They love to assume that they are the only team 1) being negative recruited against, 2) able to outperform expectations in order to generate renewed interest from recruits, 3) continuing to recruit committed players. 

such myopathy. The only thing that matters to recruits is what aggy does or does not do. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Guys they are taking a small class this year cause of how big the last class was. 

as of today, 9/23/22 A&M is behind noted recruiting programs like TTU, Louisville,  and Baylor at #24 in the country (11 commits)

their recruiting average is 92.31 with 11 commits (Texas is at 92.24 with 22 and Bama, Georgia, tOSU are all over 93 with 20-23 commits each)

as a reminder last year they took 30 commits, same number as UGA, Texas took 28. this year UGA is at 19 and Texas is at 22. A&M is at 11. even Stanford has 13 already.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

as of today, 9/23/22 A&M is behind noted recruiting programs like TTU, Louisville,  and Baylor at #24 in the country (11 commits)

their recruiting average is 92.31 with 11 commits (Texas is at 92.24 with 22 and Bama, Georgia, tOSU are all over 93 with 20-23 commits each)

as a reminder last year they took 30 commits, same number as UGA, Texas took 28. this year UGA is at 19 and Texas is at 22. A&M is at 11. even Stanford has 13 already.

Less Jimbo doubtin, more Jimbo trustin’

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

As much as the total collapse will potentially send me into LL territory, I'd rather they just slowly collapse while keeping Jimbo slowly at the helm.  Don't need their big $$$ out there spending like drunken sailors on one of the Briles'.  

I'm with you. I'd rather have them do just well enough that Jimbo hangs onto the offense instead of being forced to hire a real OC.

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

At this point, with the money still owed, Jimbo could take a shit on Reveille's head at midnight yell practice and they'd have to keep him around. 

I agree, but they want to win.  What's he going to say, "If you do, I'll walk away from all this $$".  Instead they'll break either the bank, or any shred of dignity they have, to bring in someone who can use talent like Stewart.    I'd rather them just 8-4 for a few more years, until Jimbo is gone, and then we'll be there to ruin their title hopes from there on out. 

Watching Virginia Tech last night, it came to my realization of how shitty the ACC has been for so long. 

People always say that Jimbo should send some his "guaranteed money to Winston" but the ACC angle has been way under discussed. The ACC is dog shit and to think most of Jimbo's big success happened prior to Clemson becoming a national power. 

The only power conference that may be weaker than the ACC, since 2010, is the Pac 12 and I'm not even sure that's true. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 9/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

But @Bruh Man and @George Clooney told me aggy was building a powerhouse. 

Still pussied out of the 1k bet.  

On 9/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Hey bitch 

On 9/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

@Bruh Man predicted the aggys to make the playoffs last year and since then they've gone 9-5 with several losses to unranked teams. 

Based on his lack of response, I think he's finally come to the realization of how dumb his rants were about aggy building a "powerhouse." 

On 9/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

But @Bruh Man and @George Clooney told me aggy was building a powerhouse. 

Still pussied out of the 1k bet.  

Big win for the Aggies tonight versus a top 10 in primetime! Did it with a two-deep littered w/ underclassmen too.

It looks like Hill is locked in to them, Hicks is trending their way, and Bowen, who Gerry Hamilton said is going to be a star, is on flip watch.  

Meanwhile, you are twerking for OANN Gundy on the Football board two weeks after getting drunk and tagging me 100x like a stalker. 😂

Enjoy the views bitch. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Fuck You 8

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Big win for the Aggies tonight versus a top 10 in primetime! Did it with a two-deep littered w/ underclassmen too. It looks like Hill is locked in to them, Hicks is trending their way, and Bowen, who Gerry Hamilton said is going to be a star, is on flip watch.  

Meanwhile, you are twerking for OANN Gundy on the Football board two weeks after getting drunk and tagging me 100x like a stalker. 😂

Enjoy the views bitch. 

aggy isn't headed in the right direction. I've never viewed Sark as a good hire but that doesn't change my view on aggy. 

So I guess congrats on the bump even though aggy is still going 8-4 in year 5 of Jimbo. 

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy isn't headed in the right direction. I've never viewed Sark as a good hire but that doesn't change my view on aggy. 

So I guess congrats on the bump even though aggy is still going 8-4 in year 5 of Jimbo. 

Dude, they have Shemar Stewart and Walter Nolen coming off the bench. We have Ovie Oghoufo starting and Jett Bush coming off our bench. They have like 4 seniors in their entire THREE-DEEP on both sides of the ball. They are in for some big time recruits down the stretch in this recruiting cycle. They are miles ahead of us. They just need to develop Weigman and get him ready next year.  

I know you're going to bump this next time they lose, so let me be clear - 8-4 w/ two gimps at quarterback and a talent-rich roster full of underclassmen is actually pretty good. They are setting themselves for playoff runs in the next two seasons as long as Jimbo develops Weigman or they get a stud QB recruit/transfer. 

Edited by Bruh Man

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Dude, they have Shemar Stewart and Walter Nolen coming off the bench. We have Ovie Oghoufo starting and Jett Bush coming off our bench. They have like 4 seniors in their THREE-DEEP on both sides of the football. They are in for some big time recruits down the stretch in this recruiting cycle They are miles ahead of us. They just need to develop Weigman and get him ready next year.  

I know you're going to bump this next time they lose, so let me be clear - 8-4 w/ two gimps at quarterback and a talent-rich roster full of underclassmen then that is actually pretty good. They are setting themselves for playoff runs in the next two seasons as long as Jimbo develops Weigman or they get a stud QB recruit/transfer. 

You're already hedging because you know it's true. It's year 5 and Jimbo is going to finish 8-4. 

What do you think you proved here after saying aggy was "building a powerhouse" and would be a playoff team last year? I criticized the Sark hire when it happened so I'm not sure why you think it's some revelation that I would want Gundy. It doesn't disprove anything I've said about aggy but you know that. 

Let me know when aggy starts to produce "powerhouse" results and then you can troll me. 

Is a&m more talented than texas, yes. Are they better coached, yes. Texas has talent with the starters after that there’s a drop off. We set the coaching bar pretty low so take that as you will. A&M also under achieves. They do sure find a way to go 8-5 no matter what. They have that going for them compared to the shit show we have.

This has nothing to do with nothing but I was thinking who our next coach would be and maybe we go after Franklin since he’s been mentioned before who I think is okay but not elite. (At this point though I guess it’s better than we have) anyway I would probably compare him to jimbo. They’re decent but continues to under achieve.

4 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Dude, they have Shemar Stewart and Walter Nolen coming off the bench. We have Ovie Oghoufo starting and Jett Bush coming off our bench. They have like 4 seniors in their entire THREE-DEEP on both sides of the ball. They are in for some big time recruits down the stretch in this recruiting cycle. They are miles ahead of us. They just need to develop Weigman and get him ready next year.  

I know you're going to bump this next time they lose, so let me be clear - 8-4 w/ two gimps at quarterback and a talent-rich roster full of underclassmen is actually pretty good. They are setting themselves for playoff runs in the next two seasons as long as Jimbo develops Weigman or they get a stud QB recruit/transfer. 

Here lies the fault in your argument. Jimbo is a shit developer and a shit play caller. It doesn't fucking matter how much "talent" they have on defense if their offense is being run my a functional retard, and they're averaging 20 points a game. You're never going to win a championship in this day and age with a shit offense.

Edited by Lou_Sassle
  • Hook 'Em 4