Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Poor Achane. He might be the best RB in the SEC and it's not going to make a difference. 

When aggy loses Achane and Ainias Smith next season this has some real potential to be an even bigger mess. 

And also if Stewart and Marshall portal out.  Be interesting to see what some of those Florida kids like Amari Daniels and Yulkeith Brown do.

23 hours ago, NoName said:

to be clear, this is because he was an EE and on campus at A&M, not because nobody thought he was draftable.

7 hours ago, rvm96 said:

What does this article have to do with Weigman?

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe eventually but Weigman can't be good if he was incapable of beating out King and Johnson. 

The problem now for Weigman is their best WR is injured so you're throwing him into an even bigger dumpster fire. 

I chose to believe this

"Rumor is Weigmann has not picked up the playbook. Spends more time on north gate then class or studying game film"

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Foster couldn’t snap the ball last year either. He looks like a total jag and was horrible on Saturday. 

Foster might be a JAG, but he's better than Wykoff right now; their offense immediately got a little better when Foster came back at center 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Foster might be a JAG, but he's better than Wykoff right now; their offense immediately got a little better when Foster came back at center 

What are the grade comparisons between Wykoff and Foster? @Hiphopopotamos

I didn't really pay attention in the Miami game but Foster looked like he should be playing JV football in the Arkansas and Mississippi State games. You might be right but Foster is terrible. 

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What are the grade comparisons between Wykoff and Foster? @Hiphopopotamos

I didn't really pay attention in the Miami game but Foster looked like he should be playing JV football in the Arkansas and Mississippi State games. You might be right but Foster is terrible. 

Here are Wykoff's grades for the two games he started:

image.png.3b5da3a5099dad5948bd6e0741cc8764.png

And here are Foster's for the last three games:

image.png.fa2676d5bfeda45f720e329f7062994b.png

Quality of opponent has to be taken into consideration - but Foster was pretty terrible to end last season and being away from the sport and not wanting to play football doesn't appear to have improved him.

• Hook 'Em 2

Funny thing about A&M's OL issues is some of their more prominent posters (like Stringer who posts on IT) were convinced that Henson was the problem, and that the offense would get better with him gone. Jimbo has had only a couple of good OLs in his ~14 years as a head coach, and Henson oversaw one of them 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Funny thing about A&M's OL issues is some of their more prominent posters (like Stringer who posts on IT) were convinced that Henson was the problem, and that the offense would get better with him gone. Jimbo has had only a couple of good OLs in his ~14 years as a head coach, and Henson oversaw one of them 

henson and jimbo certainly didn't see eye to eye on a number of levels and i think both carry a bit of blame for the way it ended. that being said, i can't believe how bad addazio has been - feels like there's always a crapshoot in hiring the former head coach and there are definitely some different techniques being taught, but holy shit, this is some performance art fuckery going on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

henson and jimbo certainly didn't see eye to eye on a number of levels and i think both carry a bit of blame for the way it ended. that being said, i can't believe how bad addazio has been - feels like there's always a crapshoot in hiring the former head coach and there are definitely some different techniques being taught, but holy shit, this is some performance art fuckery going on.

Or maybe, and just hear me out, Jimbo demands that his offense is coached the way he wants it coached. And maybe he has a history of his offense floundering and his OL going to absolute shit with a revolving door of assistant coaches. Maybe Jimbo is the problem, like we’ve been talking you and like Florida State fans told you. 

“Sitting national championship-winning head coach!” — who was well on his way to getting fired. 

• Hook 'Em 6

28 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Cross posting from the game week thread.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2022

https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-fei

FEI has them as the #64 offense and #26 defense. going to continue to get worse as preseason (offensive) projections drop out

unadjusted stats:

• not too bad on net yards per play - 61 overall, but #71 in OPP and 43 in DPP
  • available yards: #90 in offensive available yards, #107 in defensive
    • Net available yards percentage (NAY) is the difference between offensive available yards percentage (OAY) and opponent offensive available yards percentage (DAY). Available yards percentage is calculated by dividing drive yards earned by available yards measured from starting field position to end zone. Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.
  • points per drive: they are #107 in offensive points per drive. somehow they are #117 of 131 in short drives ((less than 60 yards from end zone), 59 in long and 99 in medium (20 to 40)

in what is a fairly comical result, their best game of the year offensively per FEI was the Mississippi state game, where they scored 24 points. on the other side, that was their worst defensive game by %tage

image.thumb.png.1f3be7773ceacac9d8c7a2cbfa15c492.png

Game Ratings measure possession efficiency performances against FBS opponents. Game results (R) indicate the final score (Final) and the score at the conclusion of non-garbage possessions in the game (NG Final). Overall game ratings (GR), offense game ratings (OGR), and defense game ratings (DGR) are opponent-adjusted per possession team and unit performance measures. The per possession value generated by special teams units and defensive returns (SGR) is not opponent-adjusted. Each game rating includes the percentile rating (Pct) and rank of the performance relative to all other team and unit ratings recorded this season.

Final scores are linked to detailed Possession Splits, the complete record of possession results, unit scoring value gained and lost by possession, and net efficiency game splits over the course of non-garbage possessions in the game.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

In what is a fairly comical result, their best game of the year offensively per FEI was the Mississippi state game, where they scored 24 points. on the other side, that was their worst defensive game by %tage

This is likely heavily skewed because most of their offensive production was at the end of the game when it was already over. 

They scored 14 points late in the game with King. 

21 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knew and told you Addazio was shit when he was hired. He and Durkin have noted histories of scaling all the way from massive prick to murdering their own players. And on top of that, all of their "glory" days at their jobs were in the past. LIke Jon Chavis, but more hatable, and further from their last successful/elite stop. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Or maybe, and just hear me out, Jimbo demands that his offense is coached the way he wants it coached. And maybe he has a history of his offense floundering and his OL going to absolute shit with a revolving door of assistant coaches. Maybe Jimbo is the problem, like we’ve been talking you and like Florida State fans told you. 

“Sitting national championship-winning head coach!” — who was well on his way to getting fired. 

I mean, that doesn't preclude Addazio being a petty meathead dick.

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is likely heavily skewed because most of their offensive production was at the end of the game when it was already over. 

They scored 14 points late in the game with King. 

https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ps-w05#246

looks like it doesn't include the late TD to make it 42-24

it's an ugly game all the way around for sure

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knew and told you Addazio was shit when he was hired. He and Durkin have noted histories of scaling all the way from massive prick to murdering their own players. And on top of that, all of their "glory" days at their jobs were in the past. LIke Jon Chavis, but more hatable, and further from their last successful/elite stop. 

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

imagine being someone more hateable than THE CHIEF

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Jimbo hates playing freshmen because his playbook is the size of War & Peace, but Weigman might be able to athlete his way out of bad situations in a way King and Johnson can't. 

I've only read that Weigman is a great QB prospect. I've never seen him on tape or anything. I'll accept that he's very good.

Can you imagine him coming in after King is Life Flighted off the field? There is no way he can anticipate the speed and fury of a live college game set in Tuscaloosa. Without the protection of a good offensive line, he'll be devoured. I'll honestly feel bad for him. 

Weigman and A&M are totally fucked if they must put him in. Could there be a worse reflection of Jimbo's QB recruiting and roster management? They won't say it, but they need Calzada badly. Their fans ran his ass off. One QB moved to tight end. Only Mond in his senior performed well at QB and their fans hated him, too.

It's remarkable that some non-Aggie sports idiots are saying next year could be their moment after their freshmen get some experience. Huh? At best, they'll have another portal QB, but it will be another second teamer who proves he's kinda stupid for wanting to play under QB Fisterer Jimbo. At second best, they have a redshirt freshman playing behind a line that could improve and still suck.

It's unremarkable that most Aggies seem to believe that Weigman is the love child of Bucky Richardson and Johnny Manziel and that next year is the moment they've been waiting for.

The Aggies believe there is a conspiracy nation-wide to keep them down out of fear they will become the national monster. If there is a conspiracy, it's one where the media have decided to overrate A&M each year and watch the inevitable roller-coaster crash.

A&M was actually moving the ball throughout the game (7.5 yards per play in the first half) with the exception of a couple of three and outs, but they just kept turning it over. I think the matchup helped them though; MSU's defense is built to take away high powered passing offenses while surrounding some easier yardage and hoping to land some turnovers, and Jimbo's offense is built to scoop up those easy yards in a cloud of dust and protect the ball 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I know its been mentioned a few times in the past, but what are the injury concerns with Weigman?  Did he have concussion issues in HS?  Neck/back problems?

His team got knocked out of the playoffs his senior year because he missed the game due to a concussion. Not sure if he's had anything else serious 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's unremarkable that most Aggies seem to believe that Weigman is the love child of Bucky Richardson and Johnny Manziel and that next year is the moment they've been waiting for.

A poster last night likened his HS play to VY.  It was damn near 0200 when I read that, and I didn't have the capacity to think it all the way thru, but lol.   He was a very good HS QB.  Vince?  Fucking LOL. 

3 hours ago, Fud said:

His team got knocked out of the playoffs his senior year because he missed the game due to a concussion. Not sure if he's had anything else serious 

I think there was a rumor in the aggiesphere a few months ago that he was continuing to have concussion-related issues.  

10 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Poor Achane. He might be the best RB in the SEC and it's not going to make a difference. 

When aggy loses Achane and Ainias Smith next season this has some real potential to be an even bigger mess. 

I don't understand the Achane love honestly. He is fast and a good receiver out of the backfield, but he doesn't wow me as a running back. He doesn't have a ton of elusiveness and basically needs a play to be blocked perfectly to break one. He is a good player, but I don't see him as a day 1 or day 2 draft pick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I don't understand the Achane love honestly. He is fast and a good receiver out of the backfield, but he doesn't wow me as a running back. He doesn't have a ton of elusiveness and basically needs a play to be blocked perfectly to break one. He is a good player, but I don't see him as a day 1 or day 2 draft pick. 

Scouts are going to love a guy like that. He’s good.

45 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Another way to look at it is if you leave an opening, he'll break one

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Username checks out.

47 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He’s better than Edwards-Heliare and he was a first round draft pick. I’ll let you do the math on that one. 

Achane fits the modern NFL perfectly. Plenty of teams will want to draft him. 

That said, the Achane Heisman hype was generated solely by aggy sites. He was never going to get enough touches in Jimbo’s archaic offense. 

52 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

- He plays on a team with a mediocre OL, bad QB play, and one of the worst overall offenses in the Power 5

- He has been the focal point of the offense (even more so with the loss of Smith)

- Over the last 3 games (two against pretty highly ranked teams), he's still managed to total 358 yards, at almost 7/carry

- He leads the SEC in ypg, vs P5

So yeah, he's been very good so far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1