Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Dindy is highly likely to be gone.

Hicks’ dad is worried about the NFL. 

Texas would have zero interest in Harris, but would absolutely take Stewart. 

Nolen’s parents are still in The Woodlands. 

Shemar Stewart is just fine too, apparently. 

If Turner enters the portal, Texas would be all over him. 

The fourth guy was Lucas. It’s his “first strike” so that is why he’s being protected. 

If they lose this weekend, multiple starters could shut it down. That was the buzz before last year’s Bama game too, so, yeah. 

Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

As Liucci said on his podcast "You have to win to have a 30 for 30"

Everyone loves a train wreck, a nascar crash, building implosion and a pretend tough guy getting pummeled.  Aggy cramming all of that into one locker room in one season is definitely cause for a 30 for 30.   At minimum there needs to be a 'where are they now' in a few years about the greatest by God class of all time.  

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Patience, y'all. It's going to get even better. A&M will attempt to invoke a morality clause in Jimbo's contract or self-report violations (à la, Tennessee) to fire Jimbo without paying him his guaranteed contract.

Y'all know what will come next - Jimbo will go scorched earth on the university and AD and this shit we get even more glorious to watch from our vantage point.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Everyone loves a train wreck, a nascar crash, building implosion and a pretend tough guy getting pummeled.  Aggy cramming all of that into one locker room in one season is definitely cause for a 30 for 30.   At minimum there needs to be a 'where are they now' in a few years about the greatest by God class of all time.  

It’s as if they have a group, or crew if you will, that is good at breaking things. 

a breaking group, or breaking crew. But that sounds like a dance troupe. Still workshopping. I feel like it’s right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Actually understand LJ Johnson quitting the team - he is clearly RB2 and he's only got 10 carries through 7 games.  Team and offense is shit and they're making no effort to get him involved.

their management of the RB room shows totally and completely they have no faith in anyone but Achane.

Achane has 117 rushing attempts (87.3% of RB attempts), Johnson had 10, Daniels had 4, Moss has 3

image.png.38ab121c91973f86bcffac044e5db7c7.png

this means next year they are going to go into the season with a portal guy at RB, whatever incoming freshman they have, Amari Daniels and Leeon Moss? plus the crownover guy.

yikes.

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

their management of the RB room shows totally and completely they have no faith in anyone but Achane.

Achane has 117 rushing attempts (87.3% of RB attempts), Johnson had 10, Daniels had 4, Moss has 3

this means next year they are going to go into the season with a portal guy at RB, whatever incoming freshman they have, Amari Daniels and Leeon Moss? plus the crownover guy.

yikes.

It'll be Moss or a portal guy next year, I think. I've seen some chatter that Moss could go to LSU, but I don't know how real that is

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When does portal open?

The NCAA Division I board of directors on Aug. 31 voted to approve 60 days throughout the calendar year during which student-athletes can enter the transfer portal, a change that went into effect for the 2022-23 season. Football players will be allowed to enter the portal for 45 days beginning the day after the College Football Playoff field is announced, and also from May 1 to May 15.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34593579/ncaa-instructs-schools-remove-transfer-portal-entries-new-windows-went-effect-source-says

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 3

So LJ redshirted last year, and looks to be going to portal after 6 games this year and so wherever he lands could see him bail after next year?

The kid has no real tape at the college level and will have the tag a quitter to add to his resume and then also the ability to bail after the season of things work out.. As a coach, you would have to be very confident he’s going to hit or at best be a solid rotation player to be willing to take his baggage and lack of film.

I am not really seeing him being able to land with another top tier school and think he’s got TCU or UH at best in his future. 

Another waste of talent that Jimbo convinced at the end with a little added bonus that would have been better off going to Texas (or in truth anywhere else vs A&M).

22 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I am not really seeing him being able to land with another top tier school and think he’s got TCU or UH at best in his future. 

How many yards do you see him getting against Texas if he ends up at OSU or TCU?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

yikes.

I would ask how many of those non-Achane carries were during garbage time, but aggy hasn't had any garbage time this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So LJ redshirted last year, and looks to be going to portal after 6 games this year and so wherever he lands …

So, in one sentence you say TCU isn’t top tier, but infer aggy is?  Do you think we’re relevant anywhere except our own wetdreams?