Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ole Miss won 9 regular season games in 2015

My bad.. Bowl win in 2015.. That doesnt change any of the other issues. Auburn is a pretty over-rated job. Ridiculous expectations compared to their natural advantages. 

Edited by Codaxx

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

An argument against Wisconsin is Arkansas stole their coach 

That’s a fair point I’d you don’t consider salary I guess. How much you get paid is obviously a part of how attractive a job is to you but I assume. Boost is moving from Wisconsin to Arky without a big raise. Doesn’t boost the profile on the job. 
At any rate, that’s seems like it’s splitting hairs as the main point I was making was “definitely better job than Nebraska”. 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

My bad.. Bowl win in 2015.. That doesnt change any of the other issues. Auburn is a pretty over-rated job. Ridiculous expectations compared to their natural advantages. 

Auburn is properly rated as a top twenty program. I can't speak to anything higher than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, what?  Nebraska won a bunch of titles and played for additional ones in the 90’s and is in the top 10 all time for wins.  You don’t see anyone tripping over themselves to coach there.

I don't see how Nebraska, which has zero recruiting footprint, is similar to Auburn, which is in a talented recruiting state that's in the middle of SEC country, and is able to recruit from the likes of Atlanta and Florida 

I'm done teaching lessons today. You guys have fun. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Rhule and his staff were excellent evaluators at Baylor. Part of what they looked for in character make-up was innate toughness. Not beating the shit out of you in practice toughness, but born angry and looking to fucking hit something toughness. That is currently eroding off of the roster at Baylor, allegedly, and thank goodness if so. Maguire says that Aranda runs a soft program and lucked into a bunch of hard, pipe-hitting motherfuckers at Baylor that Rhule's crew had curated for them.

I would like for Matt Rhule to be coaching far away from Texas until I am sure that Texas has its shit together in getting out of the country club mindset with its football players. Wherever Rhule lands, Texas should offer every defensive player and TB that he goes after. 

I just alluded to this in a post about culture in the Sark thread. In a conversation with a money guy at Texas I actually used the words pipe-hitting mf’rs. 

I don’t think A&M is getting these types of players, nor Texas (not sure about recent classes). I do think TCU gets some. Just my perception based upon seeing how aggressive players are on the field. 

Malik Muhammad recaps official visit to Aggieland

Dallas South Oak Cliff All-American cornerback and Texas commit Malik Muhammad‍ took an official visit to Texas A&M over the weekend. He made the trip with a few friends and family, and while it was not his first trip to Aggieland, it was his first game day in College Station. Afterward, Muhammad spoke to TexAgs about his weekend experience.

How did it feel to be back in Aggieland?

It felt good. I promised the coaches I would take an official visit and I’d return to Aggieland. But I had to find out what date and found out what time I was available to do that. Last weekend, I did.

Who all came with you, and what was the vibe like?

I brought four of my sisters and two of my teammates along with my dad.

Who was your player host, and what was your favorite part of the visit?

Bobby (Taylor) and Evan (Stewart), and just getting to meet with the coaches and talk with the coaches and the recruiting people and talking with Jimbo.

What was their message while you were in town?

They were just basically selling the team they’ll have in the future. Being with their new quarterback, the youngness of the team, and they were just telling me they’re going to recruit me until the end, and they were just saying they are going to get me

What was going through your head when you walked on the field for your first game day experience in College Station?

I was like, “Man, this place is lit.” But as far as the game standpoint, I was like, “We got to come out and handle business.” That’s what I told the coach. “We’re here to handle business.”

What stands out about the relationship you have with coach Rushing?

He’s really like a players' coach. Me and him, since I’ve met him, we’ve been getting along. He’s kind of goofy like me, and he knows some ball. He’s just a players’ coach.

How’s that relationship been since your commitment? Has he remained in close communication?

We’ve remained in contact. He’s actually been texting me more.

I know Texas A&M commit and South Oak Cliff teammate Jayvon Thomas‍ has stayed in your ear. What has he had to say?

(Laughing) He just tells me Texas can’t play no real defense.

What were your biggest takeaways from the visit?

They showed my family great hospitality, and then they made me feel like I was needed. That was really it. They really showed their hospitality to my family and my sisters and my dad and them and made sure everybody was good. Made sure I had way more than enough to eat.

What was the best meal you had?

We had Wing Stop. We had Chick-Fil-A. We had seafood…we did it all.

What are your next visit plans and next steps in your process?

I’ll talk to my dad and see what he’s been talking about because Miami and Florida have been recruiting hard lately.

Do you have any others scheduled?

No, I don’t have any others scheduled yet.

How do the Aggies fit in the mix following your visit?

The Aggies are applying more pressure. I haven’t signed a piece of paper yet, so it is what it is. The Aggies are still in the top three.

What is it about the Texas A&M program that continues to put them high on your list?

Man, the team they’ve got is so young. They’re playing 19 freshmen, and just to see how dangerous these freshmen are playing with these grown men, it’s crazy. You can see the future ahead. I mean, look at Evan Stewart and Conner Weigman. They’re playing. I mean, just the thought of A&M’s defense, their defensive line, and then also with them starting to get the offense together

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I’ll talk to my dad and see what he’s been talking about because Miami and Florida have been recruiting hard lately.

That is an interesting comment. Sounds like a bag situation waiting to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

For dark mode:

Spoiler

Jason Howell

Dallas South Oak Cliff All-American cornerback and Texas commit Malik Muhammad‍ took an official visit to Texas A&M over the weekend. He made the trip with a few friends and family, and while it was not his first trip to Aggieland, it was his first game day in College Station. Afterward, Muhammad spoke to TexAgs about his weekend experience.

It felt good. I promised the coaches I would take an official visit and I’d return to Aggieland. But I had to find out what date and found out what time I was available to do that. Last weekend, I did.

Bobby (Taylor) and Evan (Stewart), and just getting to meet with the coaches and talk with the coaches and the recruiting people and talking with Jimbo.

They were just basically selling the team they’ll have in the future. Being with their new quarterback, the youngness of the team, and they were just telling me they’re going to recruit me until the end, and they were just saying they are going to get me

What was going through your head when you walked on the field for your first game day experience in College Station?

I was like, “Man, this place is lit.” But as far as the game standpoint, I was like, “We got to come out and handle business.” That’s what I told the coach. “We’re here to handle business.”

He’s really like a players' coach. Me and him, since I’ve met him, we’ve been getting along. He’s kind of goofy like me, and he knows some ball. He’s just a players’ coach.

How’s that relationship been since your commitment? Has he remained in close communication?

I know Texas A&M commit and South Oak Cliff teammate Jayvon Thomas‍ has stayed in your ear. What has he had to say?

They showed my family great hospitality, and then they made me feel like I was needed. That was really it. They really showed their hospitality to my family and my sisters and my dad and them and made sure everybody was good. Made sure I had way more than enough to eat.

The Aggies are applying more pressure. I haven’t signed a piece of paper yet, so it is what it is. The Aggies are still in the top three.

What is it about the Texas A&M program that continues to put them high on your list?

Man, the team they’ve got is so young. They’re playing 19 freshmen, and just to see how dangerous these freshmen are playing with these grown men, it’s crazy. You can see the future ahead. I mean, look at Evan Stewart and Conner Weigman. They’re playing. I mean, just the thought of A&M’s defense, their defensive line, and then also with them starting to get the offense together

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, they're usually not also terrific folks. The type of guy that would fight a buzzsaw if you turned it on is often not a gentleman that you'd like your daughter to bring home in order to meet the family. They trend towards sociopathic and they have a big hole in their heart. Couple that shit with legitimate athletic talent and you have yourself some pipe hitting motherfuckers. In my experience, the poorer the better, but there are some of these types sprinkled all over. 

NOTE: These are the guys that don't get to a place like Texas and then relax and feel like they've made. If you need current examples on the team, start with Roschon Johnson and Kelvin Banks. 

Good kids with holes in their hearts. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, LOL that the big meals were Chick-Fil-A and Wing Stop.  BCS is such a shitty place to live.

No shit, I fell out when I read that. That alone would make me say "no thanks". Pretty much reflects what their program is compared to some other programs.   They're low end fast food, while others are prime rib, steak and lobster. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

A few things jump out.

"We". That's not ideal. 

Stewart was one of his hosts. Sounds like Stewart may not be in such a hurry to leave that shithole.

If he stays with us, good for him. If he bails to that shithole, well then fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2

But it lines up with the protocol. Truth? Fuck truth.

Does anyone around here have any actual insight as to how a contract would define this possible negligence as cause for dismissal? What is the phrase in a contract covering this? Is it a clear line?

Also, some angry Aggies are talking about reassigning him. Is there a definition of his job that prevents that?

We're kicking around scenarios, and I wonder which are realistic.

4 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

It’s interesting that Evan Stewart was his  player host, given all the rumors surrounding him 

Evan Stewart isn’t leaving aggy. Everyone is expecting a mass exodus, but I’d be surprised if they lost any more than 4 “star” recruits from the best class ever.   Weigman playing decent was the key to selling hope and as long as he doesn’t shit the bed the rest of the season, they’ll be able to keep the class together (other than the ones they weed out).  Jimbo has a way of keeping stars and getting his draft eligible guys to play in bowls (when he doesn’t forfeit). 

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Evan Stewart isn’t leaving aggy. Everyone is expecting a mass exodus, but I’d be surprised if they lost any more than 4 “star” recruits from the best class ever.   Weigman playing decent was the key to selling hope and as long as he doesn’t shit the bed the rest of the season, they’ll be able to keep the class together (other than the ones they weed out).  Jimbo has a way of keeping stars and getting his draft eligible guys to play in bowls (when he doesn’t forfeit). 

Well, if Weigman keeps getting his head slammed to the turf, they won’t have him in there any longer….his parents will put a quick stop to that…he has had issues in high school, so it could get touchy as the season comes to an end,

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, if Weigman keeps getting his head slammed to the turf, they won’t have him in there any longer….his parents will put a quick stop to that…he has had issues in high school, so it could get touchy as the season comes to an end,

This continues to be repeated, and yet these super protective parents were OK seeing his head get bounced off the turf, seeing an o-lineman lift his limp body off the ground, not have any concussion checks done, and sent right on back into the game.   Either the parent's level of concern is vastly overblown, or they are seeing a HUGE payout from aggy to let him keep playing.  

39 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This continues to be repeated, and yet these super protective parents were OK seeing his head get bounced off the turf, seeing an o-lineman lift his limp body off the ground, not have any concussion checks done, and sent right on back into the game.   Either the parent's level of concern is vastly overblown, or they are seeing a HUGE payout from aggy to let him keep playing.  

Or, y'know, Occam's Razor and all. Maybe he had just the one concussion in HS, which hasn't seemed to be an ongoing issue, and he was cleared by the trainer as not having a concussion against Ole Miss.

55 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Or, y'know, Occam's Razor and all. Maybe he had just the one concussion in HS, which hasn't seemed to be an ongoing issue, and he was cleared by the trainer as not having a concussion against Ole Miss.

Had to look this up:

Examples of Occam's razor

“You have a headache?”, “Oh no… you might have the Black Death!” Sure, it's true that one of the symptoms of the Black Death is a headache but, using Occam's razor, it's obviously much more likely that you're dehydrated or suffering from a common cold.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Oh, if the guy without a medical degree making $60K whose employment is directly controlled by a guy making $9 million cleared him, then it must be legit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Had to look this up:

Examples of Occam's razor

“You have a headache?”, “Oh no… you might have the Black Death!” Sure, it's true that one of the symptoms of the Black Death is a headache but, using Occam's razor, it's obviously much more likely that you're dehydrated or suffering from a common cold.

Or watching. the. tape. 

10 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Nobody (at least with knowledge of the situation) said the parents are overprotective.  His dad played middle linebacker at the college level and understands what it means to play the game.  And I can confidently tell you that they are not whoring the kid out for a pay day, but the NIL front is active.  

BTW…the fact that a 5 star QB that signed with them is still working on NIL further supports the info CTJ has shared.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Ole Miss won 10 in 2015 also. NCAA investigation had a hand in recent records. I am simply comparing recruiting grounds, facilities, fan support, etc. I do not think there is something that makes Auburn stand out over a lot of other SEC schools. You are the second fiddle in a small state, though bigger recruiting ground. Your natural recruiting grounds are Alabama and Georgia. You are not the favorite vs either them in normal recruitments. . 

it's a better job than Tennessee across the board to me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's a better job than Tennessee across the board to me.

Tenn is a tough job. They are generally at the top of recruiting costs in the nation, because they have some of the worst recruiting grounds in the SEC (excluding Mizzu). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thirty plus years ago, when I was applying to colleges, eaTme was on the list because I intended to study mechanical engineering and, like UT, was a checkbox on the SAT form basically to apply.

At some point in the process, my Mom, an Arkansas alumna not otherwise versed or vested in things Texas, really, asked me "do you really want to be an Aggy for the rest of your life"?  That simple question put a pretty fine point on it.

Pics of your mom from 30+ years ago?

#rulesNshit

Edited by Napoleon

41 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Tenn is a tough job. They are generally at the top of recruiting costs in the nation, because they have some of the worst recruiting grounds in the SEC (excluding Mizzu). 

yup. add in that everyone recruits Tenn hard

top 10 last year and schools they went to

1- A&M

2 - Bama

3- Kentucky

4- Oregon

5- Kentucky

6 - Stanford

7 - Ole Miss

8 - tOSU

9 - Stanford

10 - Michigan

first guy from Tenn that went there was the #15 player in the state composite. #8 overall player in their class. Tenn had 1 of the top 20 players in the state.

2021 top 10 went to Clemson, Michigan, ND, tOSU, Ole MIss, Clemson, NC, Tenn, TCU, UGA. Tenn had 2 of the top 20 in state players.

2020 was different, #1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10 players in the state and 8 of the top 20 players.

2019 they had 2 of the top 10, 3 of the top 20.

Tenn is hard to recruit.

3 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

Nobody (at least with knowledge of the situation) said the parents are overprotective.  His dad played middle linebacker at the college level and understands what it means to play the game.  And I can confidently tell you that they are not whoring the kid out for a pay day, but the NIL front is active.  

BTW…the fact that a 5 star QB that signed with them is still working on NIL further supports the info CTJ has shared.  

"NIL"

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 2