Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

I'd love to see Surly sponsor a biannual boxing event where posters can work out their grievances in the squared circle and walk away as friends and all the bystanders can sit around drinking beer and laughing at the ineptitude of the combatants. 

I'd pay tree fiddy to watch that.

Festivus is upon us.....

https://blogs.loc.gov/folklife/files/2020/12/FestivusPoleCelesteLindell2012.jpg

35 minutes ago, Fud said:

Maybe it's just me, but making someone say no a thousand times seems like a waste of time

don't forget that he has shown literally no interest in CFB.

this isn't a Jim Harbaugh situation where he was a NFL qb coach, then spent 7 years as a CFB head coach, then 4 years in the NFL and now has spent 8 at Michigan.

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Very weird time to judge coaches. The portal is a significant change in the dynamics. It will be interesting to how different coaches handle roster management going forward. 

This, we don't yet know how NIL is going to affect the college football landscape when it comes to coaching. The reliance on great recruiters with associated bag men will be gone soon if not already.

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re right. Let’s continue same thing we’ve been doing for 40 years

Just so we're clear if you could land one of Day, Kirby, Dabo, or Urban for fully guaranteed 10 year 100 million plus deal, you wouldn't?

Urban and the coed fingering?  sure.  

Hard no on Day and creepy bearded kiddie diddling

My boss' son is on the A&M football team as a walk-on.  He told me his son was saying that the majority of the freshman class doesn't really care and has essentially given up on the remainder of the year.  He also said that in order to keep Weigman, it'll cost about $750k.  Probably not much that isn't already known.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

My boss' son is on the A&M football team as a walk-on.  He told me his son was saying that the majority of the freshman class doesn't really care and has essentially given up on the remainder of the year. 

They're mercenaries who were illegally paid to play there. Of course they don't care. And they hold all the cards (cash).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

For several reasons, not least of which is I am overseas for a couple of weeks, I didn’t see a minute of the aggy game against AU. After Weigman’s anointing as the second coming a couple of weeks ago, did he regress to the mean last week? I can see his stat line, but what did his play actually look like?

33 minutes ago, nnm said:

For several reasons, not least of which is I am overseas for a couple of weeks, I didn’t see a minute of the aggy game against AU. After Weigman’s anointing as the second coming a couple of weeks ago, did he regress to the mean last week? I can see his stat line, but what did his play actually look like?

Stats weren't great.  I think someone said he threw twelve straight incompletions in a row.

Tbh it would've gotten more play here if our offense hadn't looked like Jimbo was coordinating it against tcu.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, ElChupacabra said:

I'd love to see Surly sponsor a biannual boxing event where posters can work out their grievances in the squared circle and walk away as friends and all the bystanders can sit around drinking beer and laughing at the ineptitude of the combatants. 

I'd pay tree fiddy to watch that.

Basically Sigma Chi Fight Night, but for message board tough guys. 

5 hours ago, nnm said:

His longest completion in 95 throws in 36 yards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I took 3 of my kids for the suite experience last weekend. Every fucking year when I take them to a game at DKR, Texas shits the bed.

So you're the one. Just stop.

I was abstaining from sex the night before a big game, but that clearly was ineffective.

31 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Dear god, man! I pray that you abstaining from sex for the last 13 years hasn't doomed our football team.

Or maybe @Bevo needs to ask his wife to start abstaining from sex the night before a big game also.

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Dear god, man! I pray that you abstaining from sex for the last 13 years hasn't doomed our football team.

I think I’ll now take the Costanza approach and do the exact opposite of what I was thinking.  Y’all better hide your womenz and daughters.