A&M's 2020 wins

Vanderbilt-fired Derek Mason

Florida-fired Dan Mullen after 2021

South Carolina-fired Will Muschamp

LSU-fired Ed Orgeron after 2021

Auburn-fired Gus Malzahn

Tennessee-fired Jeremy Pruitt 

This was such a joke of a schedule. 

And then there was Arkansas, who fired their coach prior to the season and was on year 1 of Pittman. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And then there was Arkansas, who fired their coach prior to the season and was on year 1 of Pittman. 

Mike Leach was also in year 1. It's kind of incredible how terrible the 2020 schedule was. I've never seen anything like it. 

Out of the 9 wins aggy played 6 coaches that were fired within a year and then 2 of the other coaches were in year 1 at their new school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Mike Leach was also in year 1. It's kind of incredible how terrible the 2020 schedule was. I've never seen anything like it. 

Out of the 9 wins aggy played 6 coaches that were fired within a year and then 2 of the other coaches were in year 1 at their new school. 

Most of those teams were starting true freshman QB's as well.  

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A&M's 2020 wins

Vanderbilt-fired Derek Mason

Florida-fired Dan Mullen after 2021

South Carolina-fired Will Muschamp

LSU-fired Ed Orgeron after 2021

Auburn-fired Gus Malzahn

Tennessee-fired Jeremy Pruitt 

This was such a joke of a schedule. 

Seems like Aggies thought it was worth about $35MM.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wiltfong says Hicks will OV to aggy December 16th weekend and aggy is using that weekend for a big recruiting week.  Sounds like a last ditch effort to throw serious money bags out to overcome the dumpster season.

Donald Duck Money GIF

That means they are going to try to hire some hot shot OC by that weekend to try to get a bunch of skill players on campus in a last ditch effort.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That means they are going to try to hire some hot shot OC by that weekend to try to get a bunch of skill players on campus in a last ditch effort.

The only ags I trust on this kind of shit, and one of them is the directly paying “NIL” type, have been quietly saying Garrett Riley. Which makes little sense if they are still in playoff contention.  By quietly, I mean that’s the only name they are hearing in their little rich aggy circles.  Dude has been pretty much >90% of other stuff he’s let loose in the past.  Not sure about this one, though. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

The only ags I trust on this kind of shit, and one of them is the directly paying “NIL” type, have been quietly saying Garrett Riley. Which makes little sense if they are still in playoff contention.  By quietly, I mean that’s the only name they are hearing in their little rich aggy circles.  Dude has been pretty much >90% of other stuff he’s let loose in the past.  Not sure about this one, though. 

Dykes is heavily involved in that offense from a scheme, playcalling and gameplanning standpoint. They may think Riley is the sexy choice and would bring all this excitement, but it would have a fair amount of risk to it. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Dykes is heavily involved in that offense from a scheme, playcalling and gameplanning standpoint. They may think Riley is the sexy choice and would bring all this excitement, but it would have a fair amount of risk to it. 

I was watching the Baylor game with this guy last week.  He was not exactly enthused.  To his credit, he’s been on the Jimbo is a fraud bandwagon since damn near day one. Maybe day one, actually.  I didn’t broach, but probably not very happy with his ROI, either.  

Jimbo has been a QB coach/play caller nearly his entire career.  He's now all the sudden going to give it up?  I just don't see it.  The funny part part is, is if they actually do bring in a play caller, it'll be because og BMD's/Bjork, which is what they've accused Texas of doing for years.  It won't matter though, will be no different than Herman/Yurcich in that Turtle Tom meddled in the play calling.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Just curious, how do they think any of this matters while they are immersed in the “Jimbo problem”. Do they think he’s going to go along with an OC hire that’s not his choice. And if he does do they think he’ll turn over the keys? I don’t see any decision they make other than firing his ass and paying him that will make any difference. Let me know if I’m missing something.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

You do realize aggy signed the greatest recruiting class of all time. Much of it defensive players, while they didnt have a DC!!??!

Aggy dont need an OC to bring them in!  You just watch!  Aggy is gonna flip everybody!!

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Riley’s going to have his choice of higher level programs soon. He’s not taking a step down to go to aggy.

Even if A&M gives him a blank check, Riley won't take it. Working under Jimbo would be a highly annoying career killer.

Riley would be smart to go some place with a good defense, resources, and the need for an offensive mind. Wisconsin, Penn St, ND, ?Clemson, ?Alabama would all be places that could be in the need for his services.

• Hook 'Em 2