Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

22 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Aggie just eagled the 18th hole for a 114 and the gallery stormed the green.  Only in College Station 

They were talking about doing a parade for the NIT last year in men's basketball if they won. Sometimes I'm honestly amazed at their antics. I can't believe these are real people. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They were talking about doing a parade for the NIT last year in men's basketball if they won. Sometimes I'm honestly amazed at their antics. I can't believe these are real people. 

I was fucking with my Aggie friends last night and they are all on the same page, Jimbo has figured it out and they are on the right path.  They literally ALL think this.  When I brought storming the hallowed grass at Kyle Field they all said “why not? It’s been a long season and the fans deserved that!”   

I asked them how many times have Alabama fans rushed the field?  Texas?  Ohio State?  It must be something that non-blue blood programs do because if you have been there, you don’t do it..

• Haha 5

Fuck I LOVE this Aggie victory.  Because it truly has provided Aggies Hope!

And without hope, bone crushing disappointment cannot follow.  I'll give up a little lift for the Aggies, with huge gulp of disappointment for LSU, for the future of an October full of WTF and Aggie tears.  Hope... will being us sweet Aggie tears.

• Hook 'Em 1

A couple of things come to mind. 

1. I had no idea Bjork was that short

2. I would have had mad respect for the 12th Man rushing the field after UMASS to send an ironic message in a perfectly aggy way that would have hit their aggy soft underbelly

3. Prime and Urban will need to update the dates on the cover letters of their resumes. 

4. That Oregon OC seems like he's going to ASU, so he won't be considered even as 'assistant OC' 

5. Somehow this '5-7 with a loss to Appalachian State' will be far superior to Sarks '5-7 with a loss to Kansas' ALL OFF SEASON

6. Luicci remains a cunt, but damn sure knows how to fire up subscriptions from the flock. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I was fucking with my Aggie friends last night and they are all on the same page, Jimbo has figured it out and they are on the right path.  They literally ALL think this.  When I brought storming the hallowed grass at Kyle Field they all said “why not? It’s been a long season and the fans deserved that!”   

I asked them how many times have Alabama fans rushed the field?  Texas?  Ohio State?  It must be something that non-blue blood programs do because if you have been there, you don’t do it..

Dont lump us in with Suckeyes

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s only a matter of time before the students hop on the trend and do it. 

You bet your ass our students would have rushed the field if we’d beaten bama this year. It’s going to happen in the next few years, and the olds are just going to have to get over it

• Hook 'Em 4

what i haven't seen yet is anyone ask, how the fuck, with the same players, boomhauer was spontaneously able to create this result?

the players have been the same all season - yes injuries blah blah - but the roster has failed spectacularly regardless of who was playing

this was the 2nd-best opponent they've faced

"finally played a great game" doesn't add up either....  spontaneous 100% execution?   after 6 months of coaching, in the 12th game?

corndog were not getting in with 2 losses but had every reason to play hard and win

the only thing that makes sense is boomhauer simplified his stack of papers

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what i haven't seen yet is anyone ask, how the fuck, with the same players, boomhauer was spontaneously able to create this result?

the players have been the same all season - yes injuries blah blah - but the roster has failed spectacularly regardless of who was playing

"finally played a great game" doesn't add up either....  spontaneous 100% execution?   after 6 months of coaching, in the 12th game?

corndog were not getting in with 2 losses but had every reason to play hard and win

I would argue it was just one of those games that Aggy seems to always have once a year against a good team where everything goes right for them and somehow at the same time everything goes wrong for the other team.  It was how they beat Bama last year.  Every bounce, dropped pass, amazing catch seemed to go their way and not the other team's way.  I don't know how to explain it, but it seems to happen for them once a year.  Usually, it's the difference between 7 and 8 wins but this year it's the difference between 4 and 5 wins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

It's college football. That kind of wild week-to-week variance is part of why we love it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's college football. That kind of wild week-to-week variance is part of why we love it.

The SEC West also just wasn’t that good this year, everyone was beatable.

Look at what happened nonconference, aggy lost at home to App State, Arkansas lost at home to Liberty, Auburn barely squeaked by San Jose St. at home and got absolutely obliterated by Penn State at home, Ole Miss had a close game against Tulsa at home, and LSU lost their only marquee noncon game against FSU in what was essentially a home game for them.

Combine all of that with Alabama not being close to their usual dominant selves and you get a division that is clearly living off of reputation.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

No idea if this dude has any connections.

As another poster pointed out in the previous page, Brent Z is plugged in. Bjork is almost certainly his source on this. Bjork and Jimbo are pretty tight, so there could be trouble in paradise. 

I think Jimbo relents and hires an OC that runs a similar offense, like Grimes. Because the aggys will make his life a living hell if he doesn’t, and because of his close relationship with Bjork. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They did a participation ring for make the CWS, not even the final 

It's no surprise they are the most underachieving athletic department in the country. From storming the field after a 5-7 football season, to making cups after a regular season football win, to potentially doing a parade for a NIT championship, to participation rings at the CWS. The list of embarrassing actions is long. 

Being losers is ingrained in who they are. I would be embarrassed if my fanbase stormed the field after a 5-7 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yep. The chorus of “he has to be fired no matter the cost” changed to “next year is our year” over the course of 3 hours. It’s amazing. 

They're morons. 

They did the same thing with Buzz Williams last year. Buzz has been terrible at aggy but made a run in the SEC tournament last year and it became next year is our year. Surprise surprise that aggy once again looks mediocre to bad.