Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

I mean, it’s not going to be near as fun as we want it to be (their guys portaling out and decommitting) and they are going to go 8-4 again next season, probably with a win they will puff themselves up about. Same as it ever was. But this year was glorious. 

Evan Stewart is a low grade moron for deciding to cast his lot with those hillbillies when he could have gone anywhere in the country. I will retract this statement 100% if he portals out to us, or SC or Bama or Ohio State or anywhere that isn’t a bunch of sheep fucking morons in a town that’s basically a boring suburb, but not actually having close proximity to a real deal city.

Whatever- it’s his life he can live it however he wants and I ain’t mad at him either way, but I can shake my head in amazed wonderment at his abject stupidity 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Meh just a bunch of back ups so far.

You were never going to get the big transfer on day 1 man. The portal doesnt open for 8 days.

It will probably be disappointing overall but still that they posted an aggy trifecta the day after their corndog masterclass and more than a week before the portal opens is still something.

We will have to regrade their class after the first semester and see where it stacks up as the best EVAr!

7 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

The SEC West also just wasn’t that good this year, everyone was beatable.

Look at what happened nonconference, aggy lost at home to App State, Arkansas lost at home to Liberty, Auburn barely squeaked by San Jose St. at home and got absolutely obliterated by Penn State at home, Ole Miss had a close game against Tulsa at home, and LSU lost their only marquee noncon game against FSU in what was essentially a home game for them.

Combine all of that with Alabama not being close to their usual dominant selves and you get a division that is clearly living off of reputation.

The Aggies looked great last night, but I'm where you are. The SEC other than Georgia is just an average conference with parity. It's like the Big 12 this year: unpredictable with a lot of pretty good squads.

As for the level of A&M's play, I wondered if it was that they had all come together with the Aggie spirit or was it a mass audition for other programs. It will be interesting see how all of this plays out. 

Respect to Achane. I didn't know he was that good. Again, is it because he's a die hard Ag or he wants to get in a maximum performance prior to the draft? 

Lastly, this is another game where a scoop and score completely changed the complexion. LSU looked like they were about to take command.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies looked great last night, but I'm where you are. The SEC other than Georgia is just an average conference with parity. It's like the Big 12 this year: unpredictable with a lot of pretty good squads.

As for the level of A&M's play, I wondered if it was that they had all come together with the Aggie spirit or was it a mass audition for other programs. It will be interesting see how all of this plays out. 

Respect to Achane. I didn't know he was that good. Again, is it because he's a die hard Ag or he wants to get in a maximum performance prior to the draft? 

Lastly, this is another game where a scoop and score completely changed the complexion. LSU looked like they were about to take command.

Achane also has to show as much good as he can to.offset his preseason arrest. Thatll affect his draft stock

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Shit. Was achane bot the guy who got arrested before SEC media day?

Well, in all honesty. They werent thinking about it, till Demani brought it up. 

No it was Ainias Smith who got arrested in Atlanta the day before SEC media day. The same Ainias Smith who hasnt caught a pass since hog on 9/24

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's no surprise they are the most underachieving athletic department in the country. From storming the field after a 5-7 football season, to making cups after a regular season football win, to potentially doing a parade for a NIT championship, to participation rings at the CWS. The list of embarrassing actions is long. 

Being losers is ingrained in who they are. I would be embarrassed if my fanbase stormed the field after a 5-7 season. 

When you ain’t got nothing….ya got nothing to lose…

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

aggy did play better last night…their last game, home game, their Super Bowl, good weather, Jimbo proving to everybody he is an offensive genius, and LSU wasn’t very inspired, and played lackluster football, a team that didn’t want to be there…..It did make aggy look like the better team….but, Jimbo can’t get this out of his team, game after game….a reason aggy needs 8 home games to get the wins they need.  Whoop….di do.

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what i haven't seen yet is anyone ask, how the fuck, with the same players, boomhauer was spontaneously able to create this result?

the players have been the same all season - yes injuries blah blah - but the roster has failed spectacularly regardless of who was playing

this was the 2nd-best opponent they've faced

"finally played a great game" doesn't add up either....  spontaneous 100% execution?   after 6 months of coaching, in the 12th game?

corndog were not getting in with 2 losses but had every reason to play hard and win

the only thing that makes sense is boomhauer simplified his stack of papers

Their 5-7 looks a whole lot like ours from last year. By game 2 any thoughts of an MNC we’re all but gone and cracks in the locker room began to widen.  After a few game win streak the wheels fell off for 6 straight losses, then ended the season on a winning note.  Maybe coaches told the team the biggest malcontents we’re getting portaled out and it helped team chemistry?

The dynamics are different for sure.   We had some idiots upset we fired an asshole but managed to go from 5-7 to 8-4 on the heels of a coaching change.  They have a bunch of mercenaries upset they play for an asshole yet managed to go from 8-4 to 5-7 on the heels of the greatest recruiting class of all time.  

They probably get back to 8-4 next year if they hold on to their QB and the OL can keep him from getting David Ashed

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ask any aggy. He’s better than Bijan. 

I mean, he’s not but he’s really good. I’d pay him 7 figures for 1 year next year to bridge the gap between BiJan/Ro and Baxter. He’s probably a top  5 back and definitely a top 10. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, he’s not but he’s really good. I’d pay him 7 figures for 1 year next year to bridge the gap between BiJan/Ro and Baxter. He’s probably a top  5 back and definitely a top 10. 

I know. He’s good. I’m with Gil, I didn’t know people didn’t know that. He’s still not Bijan, unless you’re talking to an aggy of course. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know. He’s good. I’m with Gil, I didn’t know people didn’t know that. He’s still not Bijan, unless you’re talking to an aggy of course. 

My guess is he goes somewhere in the 3rd round and comes in and is either a starter or gets a ton of carry’s from the word go. Someone going to be happy with him in the nfl next year imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My guess is he goes somewhere in the 3rd round and comes in and is either a starter or gets a ton of carry’s from the word go. Someone going to be happy with him in the nfl next year imo. 

Am I misremembering or was he at least willing to give us a shot, but Herman wouldn’t consider him for a back, due to his size?  I know he was still heavy aggy lean but thought it was hinted he’d at least listen and we just never gave him time of day outside of ATH. 

3 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Achane also has to show as much good as he can to.offset his preseason arrest. Thatll affect his draft stock

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

No it was Ainias Smith who got arrested in Atlanta the day before SEC media day. The same Ainias Smith who hasnt caught a pass since hog on 9/24

If y’all combined forces and tried real hard, you might be able to screw in a light bulb. MIGHT. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Am I misremembering or was he at least willing to give us a shot, but Herman wouldn’t consider him for a back, due to his size?  I know he was still heavy aggy lean but thought it was hinted he’d at least listen and we just never gave him time of day outside of ATH. 

I think we wanted him as a slot receiver because he’s too small to be a tailback. aggy said they’d let him play rb, we laughed and assumed they were lying and that he couldn’t handle it. Then he beasted part time for 2 years and now a full year as rb1. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Getting this secondhand, but apparently the current rumor de jour on A&M boards is Brian Hartline and Rashaad Samples as Co-OCs...so yeah, they're rolling

Actually, it would be Brian Hartline, Rashaad Samples, and Jimbo Fisher as offensive coordinators. I don't even know what that's called. Tri-OCs or clusterfuck? I say they should do it. Hartline loves the Jimbo FIsher ball control plan and Samples doesn't really have a preference as far as I can tell other than getting paid. It should work well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Actually, it would be Brian Hartline, Rashaad Samples, and Jimbo Fisher as offensive coordinators. I don't even know what that's called. Tri-OCs or clusterfuck? I say they should do it. Hartline loves the Jimbo FIsher ball control plan and Samples doesn't really have a preference as far as I can tell other than getting paid. It should work well.

Jimbo's new thruple

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1