Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

34 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Just figured I'd share, seems to be causing a mini-meltdown in the Aggie thread on IT. Folks there are panicking that things aren't as bad as we thought at A&M. Time will tell!

Even if they aren't it really doesn't matter. They will lose a good bit of depth to the portal, and they have a recruiting class of David Hicks and the JAGS. I am sure they will hit the portal hard, but at the end of the day they will be 8-4 again. 

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He had a lot of drops early on. He and Muhammed seemed deadly later in the season. Just my observation.

Muhammed was very reliable. Fights for anything near him

Here is Evans game log, he wasnt efficient in most games. Even his best statistical game vs Florida it was 8 catches on 16 targets

https://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/player/evan-stewart-39569

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

He had a lot of drops early on. He and Muhammed seemed deadly later in the season. Just my observation.

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

King was throwing to them both early in the season. 

29 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Muhammed was very reliable. Fights for anything near him

Here is Evans game log, he wasnt efficient in most games. Even his best statistical game vs Florida it was 8 catches on 16 targets

https://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/player/evan-stewart-39569

I feel like, in watching most of the ATM games, Stewart was consistently dropping passes all season. Someone like Codaxx who digs deeper can tell me otherwise, but the guy reminded me in various ways of BJ Johnson. He's a better athlete than BJ was, but they both have issues with drops and ball control and consistency. BJJ was still an asset and I feel the same about Stewart, wherever he lands or sticks. There's legitimate downside, but the upside is worth it.

Muhammed is the unsung hero on that team. When he was allowed to play, he was putting the effort in and seemed really reliable. He also seems like a ride-or-die aggie, which Fisher needed this season. Even still, it seemed like Fisher tried to fuck that up. I would take Muhammed in a fucking heartbeat if he wanted to come to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like, in watching most of the ATM games, Stewart was consistently dropping passes all season. Someone like Codaxx who digs deeper can tell me otherwise, but the guy reminded me in various ways of BJ Johnson. He's a better athlete than BJ was, but they both have issues with drops and ball control and consistency. BJJ was still an asset and I feel the same about Stewart, wherever he lands or sticks. There's legitimate downside, but the upside is worth it.

Muhammed is the unsung hero on that team. When he was allowed to play, he was putting the effort in and seemed really reliable. He also seems like a ride-or-die aggie, which Fisher needed this season. Even still, it seemed like Fisher tried to fuck that up. I would take Muhammed in a fucking heartbeat if he wanted to come to Texas. 

My opinion, he looks very similar to Worthy (I didnt watch that many A&M games though). He is an obvious asset with the ball in his hands. He can turn short throws into long TDs. Both are better when asked to make plays with the ball in their hands, than asking them to make plays on the ball. Better athletes, than WRs at this point in their careers. That said both are assets for any offense, with the potential to become elite. Both on the field would be scary. I do think Texas is missing a guy like Muhammed. A reliable WR  that makes plays on the ball.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

My opinion, he looks very similar to Worthy (I didnt watch that many A&M games though). He is an obvious asset with the ball in his hands. He can turn short throws into long TDs. Both are better when asked to make plays with the ball in their hands, than asking them to make plays on the ball. Better athletes, than WRs at this point in their careers. That said both are assets for any offense, with the potential to become elite. Both on the field would be scary. I do think Texas is missing a guy like Muhammed. A reliable WR  that makes plays on the ball.

Stewart made some impressive contested catches where he went up and got the ball this season. I think he’s more natural making plays high-pointing the ball than Worthy. The drops I saw this year were a lot of plays where he lost concentration on routine balls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lane leaving tells me their core group of Stewart, Marshall, and “Moose” aren’t going anywhere.   

Marshall is still with them? I thought he already went the way or Denver Harris and the dipshit OL from Dickinson. Is Lucas still there?

I feel like "5 transfers" isn't even counting guys from earlier in the year who have disappeared, but that could just be my perception.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Marshall is still with them? I thought he already went the way or Denver Harris and the dipshit OL from Dickinson. Is Lucas still there?

I feel like "5 transfers" isn't even counting guys from earlier in the year who have disappeared, but that could just be my perception.

Overton likely going to jail should definitely count as a transfer to county. Also, it gives them a great head start on the Fulmer Cup. 

• Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Harris posted something seemingly recruiting Dameon George to ATM, so shockingly (or is it shocking?) Jimbo might be keeping those guys around. Which would be hilariously on brand. Or maybe he just hasn't told them yet.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

lots of talk that Marshall and Harris are doing what is expected to get back in good graces.  I don't believe it for a minute.  So far none of the portal guys are a real loss.  Lane amazingly still has two years to play and has graduated, so he's looking for a grad school gig.  Was passed on the depth chart, but he's a decent possession receiver.  Zero YAC guy.  Falls down as soon as he catches the ball.  The kicker mentioned above also lost his job this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The smart ones are waiting until next Monday or later Imo

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He was tweeting he was bought in or some such shit yesterday or so. But who knows. Figured after Buzz told him he no longer had a spot he’d be gone.  But you’d definitely have a better feel than me, just what I saw. 

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Surprisingly quite on the transfer front from them so far.  Wouldn’t you want to go ahead and get your name out there and let everyone know you are available?  Jimbo had to have meetings started this week like Sark did right?

The guys who will get a lot of attention are already negotiating through back channels. There’s no need for them to announce anything publicly until they can actually transfer. Announcing now just means their current school would be hounding them for a week. 

• Hook 'Em 3