Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

27 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Parity in general is good for CFB.  Half the fan bases out there have douchey fans.  Who gives a shit.  Calling for their extinguishment is a measured, rationale stance.

Nebraska is different for many reasons. One being the fact that they used to have notable success poaching TX talent. For example, they took 29 TX recruits between 2007 and 2010. There's plenty of competition as it is both in and out of state, so let's not support the Huskers rebuilding a platform that would let them restart the tradition.

Fuck 'em. If you want parity, root for Minnesota, Pitt, Miami or a slew of others we dgaf about to build a contender.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Deej said:

The world would be better if Nebraska Football was wiped off the face of the earth, along with every single one of their fans. 

They can start a blood rivalry and fill that stadium for the Nebraska vs Texas A&M meat judging grudge match. 

a550972e-d90c-4093-b48a-16e4d4ae2cfa_tex

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That was when they were in the big 12 and were consistently playing in Texas. 

I thought to make note of that in my last post expecting someone would bring that up as if it totally dismisses the possibility. A perennially contending Nebraska led by Matt Rhule would almost surely make poaching TX a focus (along with other national hotbeds).

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I thought to make note of that in my last post expecting someone would bring that up as if it totally dismisses the possibility. A perennially contending Nebraska led by Matt Rhule would almost surely make poaching TX a focus (along with other national hotbeds).

Who knows? Maybe Rhule will bring them back to relevance by recruiting kids from Nebraska & the surrounding states like Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, and Wyoming.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I mean, Wyoming prioritizes Texas talent. But nobody is worried about them taking someone valuable.  Nebraska isn’t going to turn into Ohio state, and get top 20 type Texans up there based on winning and draft numbers. 

If you view Wyoming as a genuine comparison for that point/argument, and think Nebraska does not have the history and (theoretical) potential to build back a program of current tOSU-esque caliber, I think we are too far apart on foundational things here to have a worthwhile discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm bored as shit but feel like shitting on A&M. 

This is the list of offensive skill position players who they have offered who are currently not committed to another school.

QB:

Marquis Roby Jr - 3 Star, NR

RB:

Christopher Johnson - 4 star, #326

Javin Simpkins - 3 star, #435

WR: 

Karmello English - 4 Star, #168

Taeshaun Lyons - 4 star, #260

Malachi Riley - 3 star, #538

Trech Kekahuna - 3 star, NR

Keion Wallace - 0 Star, NR

TE:

Duce Robinson - 5 star, #19 - Not happening

Walker Lyons - 4 star, #115 - Maybe?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

If you view Wyoming as a genuine comparison for that point/argument, and think Nebraska does not have the history and (theoretical) potential to build back a program of current tOSU-esque caliber, I think we are too far apart on foundational things here to have a worthwhile discussion. 

I accept your concession with grace and humility. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I mean, Wyoming prioritizes Texas talent. But nobody is worried about them taking someone valuable.  Nebraska isn’t going to turn into Ohio state, and get top 20 type Texans up there based on winning and draft numbers. 

Just a side note, and no disrespect intended, but who in the fuck doesn't prioritize Texas talent?

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, bizzle said:

quick theories from someone who has not had the bandwidth to be very plugged in this season (thank god):

denver harris isn't a terrible kid, just immature as hell and his mom actually likes the smaller town vibe that college station brings and is encouraging him to get his ass in gear. could go either way. also north shore.

chris marshall is a pretty terrible kid, but has shockingly made a small effort recently toward the staff. i expect him to never be heard from again inside of 24 months, but stranger things have happened. 

pj williams was not supposed to be a bad kid, but apparently is an idiot, and i would be shocked if he's back. however we have zero tackles in the pipeline, so perhaps a brazos county da gets paid off at some point.

we want to keep anthony lucas, but there's a surplus of 6'5" 290 pound kids so he needs to get his head straight. he's not explosive enough to be a headcase.

otherwise, we're shockingly keeping most of the kids that we need to - i'll actually give credit to the nil structure here. jimbo's ego and ability to delegate are going to be the difference in a quick return to competitive football or a long stint in the wilderness. luckily he has very little in his history showing he's a stubborn asshole, so i expect this to all go swimmingly. 

Has Jimbo ever kicked someone off a team at either school? Other than Demas after his two domestic assaults went public which meant no option there. I mean shit, Mckinley Jackson missed like 2 games and his felony Ketamine charges were loaded with blatant evidence. Maybe they decide to leave on their own, but I will be surprised if any of those guys get kicked off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, bizzle said:

quick theories from someone who has not had the bandwidth to be very plugged in this season (thank god):

denver harris isn't a terrible kid, just immature as hell and his mom actually likes the smaller town vibe that college station brings and is encouraging him to get his ass in gear. could go either way. also north shore.

So you’re saying she’s not going to let him drift around aimlessly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

chris marshall is a pretty terrible kid, but has shockingly made a small effort recently toward the staff. i expect him to never be heard from again inside of 24 months, but stranger things have happened. 

pj williams was not supposed to be a bad kid, but apparently is an idiot, and i would be shocked if he's back. however we have zero tackles in the pipeline, so perhaps a brazos county da gets paid off at some point.

we want to keep anthony lucas, but there's a surplus of 6'5" 290 pound kids so he needs to get his head straight. he's not explosive enough to be a headcase.

otherwise, we're shockingly keeping most of the kids that we need to - i'll actually give credit to the nil structure here. jimbo's ego and ability to delegate are going to be the difference in a quick return to competitive football or a long stint in the wilderness. luckily he has very little in his history showing he's a stubborn asshole, so i expect this to all go swimmingly. 

Oh hey look everyone, it’s the guy who is always wrong, let’s listen to him! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, bizzle said:

Wait Anthony Lucas is acting up? He seemed like a phenomenal kid in the interviews I saw years ago if it's who I'm thinking of. Guess aggyland just drives people fucking crazy.

14 hours ago, bizzle said:

as a reminder, the Bryan-College Station MSA is 273,101. College Station alone is 120,511. It's something like the 30th largest population in Texas and in the top 250 nationally.

Texas A&M has the largest enrollment in Texas as of 2020 at 65,272 individuals.

can we stop acting like College Station is anything close to a "small town" - the last time it had a population under 50k was like the 1980 census.

i get what you are saying, i just am tired of people selling College Station as some small town that it honestly hasn't been since the 70s when the population was under 20k.

the guy went to North Shore, which is a fucking huge school in Houston. he isn't Dalton Brooks from Shiner TX (population 2,127)

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

as a reminder, the Bryan-College Station MSA is 273,101. College Station alone is 120,511. It's something like the 30th largest population in Texas and in the top 250 nationally.

can we stop acting like College Station is anything close to a "small town" - the last time it had a population under 50k was like the 1980 census.

i get what you are saying, i just am tired of people selling College Station as some small town that it honestly hasn't been since the 70s when the population was under 20k.

the guy went to North Shore, which is a fucking huge school in Houston. he isn't Dalton Brooks from Shiner TX (population 2,127)

So are Lubbock and Amarillo big towns now?

With Love GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So are Lubbock and Amarillo big towns now?

I mean if you don't think that towns over 200k population (Lubbock is 261k and Amarillo is 201k) are "big" then I think we have different definitions of small towns. Looks like Lubbock is in the top 10 and Amarillo is #16.

Interestingly I have never once heard a Tech person identify Lubbock as a "small town" or as having "small town vibes"

College Station is larger than Richardson, The Woodlands, Lewisville and slightly smaller than Round Rock (like 4k people smaller)

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

I mean if you don't think that towns over 200k population (Lubbock is 261k and Amarillo is 201k) are "big" then I think we have different definitions of small towns. Looks like Lubbock is in the top 10 and Amarillo is #16.

Interestingly I have never once heard a Tech person identify Lubbock as a "small town" or as having "small town vibes"

College Station is larger than Richardson, The Woodlands, Lewisville and slightly smaller than Round Rock (like 4k people smaller)

There it is. We can go ahead and put this one to bed before we spend 2 pages discussing the subjectivity of "small town/big city" pretending that it's an objective measurement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, NoName said:

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

You are a true autist. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Having just driven through both Lubbock and Amarillo last week, I can concur with this statement. I am not sure where they are hiding the 200,000 people. 

I'm sure they're hidden amongst the thousands of heads of cattle. I, for one, am not man enough to brave the smell of the bovine hordes to discover these likely feral people in hiding.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

At this point, all of those that you mention as examples are just suburbs of Dallas, Houston, or Austin, all of which are major metro areas. So though each particular municipality has a largish population, they’re all just part of large metro areas. 

B/CS is not. It’s its own area. I wouldn’t call it small town, but I wouldn’t call it urban either. Kind of generic aggy sprawl more than anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 1