Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 hours ago, NoName said:

as a reminder, the Bryan-College Station MSA is 273,101. College Station alone is 120,511. It's something like the 30th largest population in Texas and in the top 250 nationally.

Texas A&M has the largest enrollment in Texas as of 2020 at 65,272 individuals.

can we stop acting like College Station is anything close to a "small town" - the last time it had a population under 50k was like the 1980 census.

i get what you are saying, i just am tired of people selling College Station as some small town that it honestly hasn't been since the 70s when the population was under 20k.

the guy went to North Shore, which is a fucking huge school in Houston. he isn't Dalton Brooks from Shiner TX (population 2,127)

Population alone does not define a metro area or true city.  By all other standards B/CS is damn a village. 

They have an airport a$m owns - awesome flight schedule:

https://www.flyeasterwood.com/departures/  - 3 flights to Dallas per day - village. 

How do you get to B/CS

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Nearby-Airports/Bryan  - take a damn bus from a city.

Businesses located there:

https://www.zippia.com/company/best-biggest-companies-in-college-station-tx/  - village, not even a city or town.  Clearly left out the insurance agencies. 

A true metro area and city that is consistently rated as a top 10 place to live in the US, has beautiful scenery and attractions. Has real businesses people have heard of... the gem of Texas - Austin, a truly beautiful city in every respect.

http://content.abia.org:8080/webfids/ - wow a real airport 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_based_in_Austin,_Texas  - shit I know these names!

Facts matter - B/CS can keep inbreeding and making more cult fools but in every aspect other than cult members, it is a damn village of morons - not a town or city. 

Recruiting so on topic - would love to pull Moose or Stewart from the village. Hope we keep all of our coaches - Marion worries me with Tulsa. No inside info, I just read it as reported here or other free sites.

Hook'em BBA MPA from a beautiful university in one of the best cities in the USA. 

Sorry, that one annoyed me - it's a damn village at best.

So how does Ritz Bitz recruit? Does he take the short bus from his village to a real city then fly to destinations? I don't follow them much. It seems rare that he or his staff visit schools or players?  Maybe I'm wrong but I do see highlights of articles about Sark and company attending games, workouts, turning lights on in the gym in the morning for Arch and crew, etc. I've never seen anything (not a big look tbh) about a$m coaches doing these types of evaluations/visits? Do they fly in a gulfstream from random bma to cart him around?

I'm sure some of you have more news on JWitt and Worthy.  Seems to have shifted to positive today? I want to see Red, Brenan, Cook, Niblett shine but if we have a healthy Neyor and JWitt to press Worthy to reach his full potential, it could be magic. 

1 minute ago, Big Woodrows said:

Aggie morons thinking Hartline was going to forego a head coaching job at Cincinnati to be second fiddle to Jimbo really puts their psychosis in perspective

And very simply I would think Hartline is going to wait and see what happens with Day and the Colts (not saying it will happen, but you damn sure wait and see) and Cinci (and maybe Stanford and whatever else bigger HC job opens up) before even considering the money whip Jimbo would have to bring to look at the aggy job.

Aggy wants an OC quick, Hartline has nothing to gain and everything to lose by moving quick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, hornlife said:

So how does Ritz Bitz recruit? Does he take the short bus from his village to a real city then fly to destinations? I don't follow them much. It seems rare that he or his staff visit schools or players?  Maybe I'm wrong but I do see highlights of articles about Sark and company attending games, workouts, turning lights on in the gym in the morning for Arch and crew, etc. I've never seen anything (not a big look tbh) about a$m coaches doing these types of evaluations/visits? Do they fly in a gulfstream from random bma to cart him around?

The aggy staff does all the same things. We just don't post about it nearly as much because we're Texas fans, not aggy fans. And the head coach at every major school flies private.

image.png.165af0c7214f88690b1d3aed75db6e5b.png

I know from reading here that Zwerneman is an Aggie mouthpiece. I don't know if he is a full-on Aggie.

The full-on Aggie cushions disastrous news by saying, "We already knew that was happening!" As in:

Hey! Our star linebacker pledge has decommitted and looks like he going to the sips! This really sucks!

Grow a pair and be manful like manly Aggies usually are. We already knew that was happening!

I don't know if this guy is doing the same thing or if these formerly highly ranked recruits leaving is damaging to them. What say the cognoscenti?

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.165af0c7214f88690b1d3aed75db6e5b.png

I know from reading here that Zwerneman is an Aggie mouthpiece. I don't know if he is a full-on Aggie.

The full-on Aggie cushions disastrous news by saying, "We already knew that was happening!" As in:

Hey! Our star linebacker pledge has decommitted and looks like he going to the sips! This really sucks!

Grow a pair and be manful like manly Aggies usually are. We already knew that was happening!

I don't know if this guy is doing the same thing or if these formerly highly ranked recruits leaving is damaging to them. What say the cognoscenti?

These do mostly feel like the post-meetings "we already packed your shit" guys. They have like 20 bluechip DL so they're fine processing a headcase to give a guy like Brownlow-Dindy more snaps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tunmise Adeleye is not a "spare". The fucking guy was a starter this year until he got hurt. He was starter ahead of all of the other top 50 guys (like him) on the roster. We don't have to conflate issues here. 

Frankly, we can debate the premise that Lane and LJ Johnson were "spares" as well. Lane played plenty during his time on campus. Johnson was another top 50 guy from two classes ago. Aggies can spin it how they like, but none of these guys leaving is because they're being processed out. 

Denver Harris was a 5 star. I think Marshall unbelievably wound up as one as well. The Williams guy was highly rated OT. Lucas was a highly rated DT. Those guys are from the most recent vaunted class. 

Even if no one else joins the portal, that is a fuckton of highly rated attrition immediately. Also, there will be more guys entering the portal, to say nothing of the guys that also look at doing so in the spring.

Yeah I'm not doing any math but if you took those guys out, their "superclass" would almost certainly not even be #1 in 2022 (Bama). I still won't be surprised if Jimbo keeps those '22 troublemakers though.

Losing you #2 and 3 recruits from 2021 ain't great either. Pretty sure LJ was the backup RB and got some carries until he quit the team. Probably was in line to start next year.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Tunmise was starting before being injured and LJ Johnson was the 2nd string RB behind Achane before quitting.

Those are not spares in the context of aggys roster. 

The only ones aggy does not consider spares...

GettyImages-1190703208.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Lane played plenty during his time on campus.

As I recall, he was the only one that King had any chemistry with.  Don’t think he’s a YAC guy, but I remember him catching most of what King wobbled his way.   Think he can see the writing on the wall with the young talent though.  

(Stolen from Aggie thread on IT)

A few Thurday notes

7,040 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by AgsMyDude

Liucci
11:51p, 12/1/22
Staff
AG
I'm going to hit these very rapid fire and will talk more about some of this tomorrow:

-There are some names that I think you guys may be off on when it comes to this coaching search. Contrary to what many on here and elsewhere tried to run with, Brian Hartline was never under consideration nor did every receive a phone call from the Aggies. Before you trot out the tired "but they don't have to 'call' them! The agents do that!" line, keep in mind that Jimbo has been conversing directly with coaches throughout the week. And, no, Arkansas' Kendall Briles wasn't on that list, either.

-It's my understanding that Tom Herman was under consideration as one of the 'handful' of candidates but wasn't a primary option due mainly to the fact that he was likely to land a head coaching job - either Arizona State or FAU (which he took today). Former Florida head coach Dan Mullen is also someone who I've heard is under consideration, along with at least three or four others.

As far as fits go, I'm still very high on Baylor's Jeff Grimes but that's just my personal opinion. I'm also not nearly as bullish as some 'insiders' and message board firestarters are that North Carolina's Phil Longo will ultimately be the guy though there is enough of a connection there for him to draw legitimate A&M interest.

-Two things I have heard that, in my opinion, should strike you guys as very interesting are the fact Jimbo has been making it clear with any and every prospective candidate that he fully intends to pass along play calling duties to his hand-picked hire. I've also heard that a couple of candidates are guys whose systems are a lot more wide open than I would have originally expected. That's a great sign regardless of where Jimbo and the Ags land because it means he's open to just about anything and is truly exploring all options. Fisher has also been very hands on when it comes to this hire so everything I've heard this week I've considered very positive and quite encouraging. Jimbo and the Aggies are giving themselves a chance to get this thing right.

-As far as Aggies considering the NFL, I'm not getting the best vibes right now on where Jaylon Jones is at on the stay-or-go spectrum. He's being told by some that he's a 'late first rounder,' which would be very difficult to pass up. However, most NFL types I talk to - including everything from scouts to coaches to assistant GMs to head coaches - view Jones as a Round 3 type right now. This one will depend on who Jones believes. Ainias Smith and Antonio Johnson? Still expecting both to enter the draft and Devon Achane staying still feels like a longshot but I think he's likely to have a hell of an NIL/insurance policy combo that will give him the very real option of staying.

-How about the portal? Behind the scenes a ton of progress has been made on the NIL front and Jimbo's end-of-season player meetings have gone about as well as possible. I'd be lying if I said every single important player is 100% all-in with returning in the Maroon & White next fall but the guys I'm talking about are still more likely to stay than leave and the overwhelming number of returning starters and key young players are set on returning in 2023. So far, none of the departures have come as any sort of surprise, including defensive end Tunmise Adeleye. The former national top-100 signee opened the season as a starter and the Ags would have loved to have had him back but he wasn't available as a true freshman and was injured two games in this fall and missed most of the season while some younger DEs established themselves while #30 was sidelined. It's a tough situation that underclassmen around college football are facing this week.

In sticking with that theme, don't be surprised to see the Ags end up approaching double-digits in the portal before all is said and done. While folks are waiting to make a big deal about whoever is on the way out of College Station, what they might want to pay closer attention to will be who is coming in. Things on that front should be interesting next weekend, when the Aggies are expected to host several potential portallers.

-Finally, expect to see the Ags lose a staffer from outside of their 10 full-time assistants to Deon Sanders' staff at Colorado (yes, you read that correctly, Coach Prime is heading to Boulder).