Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What a fuckwad. A college football website owner has his calls taken by important people all through the NFL. Riiigghhhht.

It's Billy on the phone? Holy shit! Practice suspended until I get off the phone! Gimme that cell! Billy, buddy, how are you? Thanks so much for calling!

Just imagine the impact if he appears in person!

spacer.png

Que quapo y macho!

fuck that mouth breather!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

-Finally, expect to see the Ags lose a staffer from outside of their 10 full-time assistants to Deon Sanders' staff at Colorado (yes, you read that correctly, Coach Prime is heading to Boulder).

My guess is Cromartie.

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

OK, walk me through this like I am 5..

In a post about losing a GA/bag man and then a player that we all knew is gone, they are being accused of hiding something? Totally confused here

You're correct.  Krazy Karen says something along the lines of "there will be more transfers, this one is just the tip of the iceberg" and tarp comes back and says he can't say anything or identify any specific player right now because his credentials will get taken from him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

(Stolen from Aggie thread on IT)

A few Thurday notes

7,040 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by AgsMyDude

Liucci
11:51p, 12/1/22
Staff
AG
I'm going to hit these very rapid fire and will talk more about some of this tomorrow:

-There are some names that I think you guys may be off on when it comes to this coaching search. Contrary to what many on here and elsewhere tried to run with, Brian Hartline was never under consideration nor did every receive a phone call from the Aggies. Before you trot out the tired "but they don't have to 'call' them! The agents do that!" line, keep in mind that Jimbo has been conversing directly with coaches throughout the week. And, no, Arkansas' Kendall Briles wasn't on that list, either.

-It's my understanding that Tom Herman was under consideration as one of the 'handful' of candidates but wasn't a primary option due mainly to the fact that he was likely to land a head coaching job - either Arizona State or FAU (which he took today). Former Florida head coach Dan Mullen is also someone who I've heard is under consideration, along with at least three or four others.

As far as fits go, I'm still very high on Baylor's Jeff Grimes but that's just my personal opinion. I'm also not nearly as bullish as some 'insiders' and message board firestarters are that North Carolina's Phil Longo will ultimately be the guy though there is enough of a connection there for him to draw legitimate A&M interest.

-Two things I have heard that, in my opinion, should strike you guys as very interesting are the fact Jimbo has been making it clear with any and every prospective candidate that he fully intends to pass along play calling duties to his hand-picked hire. I've also heard that a couple of candidates are guys whose systems are a lot more wide open than I would have originally expected. That's a great sign regardless of where Jimbo and the Ags land because it means he's open to just about anything and is truly exploring all options. Fisher has also been very hands on when it comes to this hire so everything I've heard this week I've considered very positive and quite encouraging. Jimbo and the Aggies are giving themselves a chance to get this thing right.

-As far as Aggies considering the NFL, I'm not getting the best vibes right now on where Jaylon Jones is at on the stay-or-go spectrum. He's being told by some that he's a 'late first rounder,' which would be very difficult to pass up. However, most NFL types I talk to - including everything from scouts to coaches to assistant GMs to head coaches - view Jones as a Round 3 type right now. This one will depend on who Jones believes. Ainias Smith and Antonio Johnson? Still expecting both to enter the draft and Devon Achane staying still feels like a longshot but I think he's likely to have a hell of an NIL/insurance policy combo that will give him the very real option of staying.

-How about the portal? Behind the scenes a ton of progress has been made on the NIL front and Jimbo's end-of-season player meetings have gone about as well as possible. I'd be lying if I said every single important player is 100% all-in with returning in the Maroon & White next fall but the guys I'm talking about are still more likely to stay than leave and the overwhelming number of returning starters and key young players are set on returning in 2023. So far, none of the departures have come as any sort of surprise, including defensive end Tunmise Adeleye. The former national top-100 signee opened the season as a starter and the Ags would have loved to have had him back but he wasn't available as a true freshman and was injured two games in this fall and missed most of the season while some younger DEs established themselves while #30 was sidelined. It's a tough situation that underclassmen around college football are facing this week.

In sticking with that theme, don't be surprised to see the Ags end up approaching double-digits in the portal before all is said and done. While folks are waiting to make a big deal about whoever is on the way out of College Station, what they might want to pay closer attention to will be who is coming in. Things on that front should be interesting next weekend, when the Aggies are expected to host several potential portallers.

-Finally, expect to see the Ags lose a staffer from outside of their 10 full-time assistants to Deon Sanders' staff at Colorado (yes, you read that correctly, Coach Prime is heading to Boulder).

God I wish they would have hired Herman.  That would have been fucking amazing to watch

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

What a fuckwad. A college football website owner has his calls taken by important people all through the NFL. Riiigghhhht.

It's Billy on the phone? Holy shit! Practice suspended until I get off the phone! Gimme that cell! Billy, buddy, how are you? Thanks so much for calling!

spacer.png

Que quapo y macho!

Glad he cleaned that jizz stain from his shirt before taking this photo. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Voting Climate Change GIF by INTO ACTION

image.thumb.png.1167260f0472b24bb24e16ce5cadbe4b.png

Tarp and all A&M reports with leashes that can be pulled on by the athletic department^^^^^^^^

Geoff Ketchum in the middle of the season: "Xavier Worthy is probably transferring to USC and here are name of wide receivers who could replace him that are currently on other rosters"

• Rage+1 2

So they've gone from saying that Bouie would be back, this week, to now saying he's gone. 

Williams is not only the state of Georgia bagman that brought in Bouie. He's generally just a handler and he's been dealing with all of the transfer risks and "NIL". 

This guy leaving will be a reason cited for the next wave of transfers. It won't shock me if he does wind up taking 3-4 with him to Boulder, too. 

All of their bullshit about none of the main guys leaving is becoming more delusional by the minute. That position came from players coming out of their 1:1's with Fisher after the LSU win. We all know how that kind of meeting goes. You're not feeling great about your job, you have a positive meeting with the boss and he/she reminds you of why got excited in the first place, you leave rejuvenated, then you immediately start experiencing the negatives from that boss and org that had you thinking about leaving in the first place. 

Money will retain some of these guys, but matching money, or even some money, at perceived greener pastures means more to likely at least a handful of them. As more guys go back to disillusionment and then hitting the portal, there is also a knock-on sinking ship effect for those on the fence. This thing is going to 20+ guys walking by the start of the spring semester. 

If Bouie makes 10 transfers, then you've got AJ, Achane, JJones, and Smith leaving early. Is Layden Robinson returning? We're supposed to believe that McKinley Jackson is returning? How many seniors are they losing? 

They have a shit ton of talent at risk or for sure gone. The story that they're going to be better next year because of young guys playing becomes really hard to believe when many of them vanish. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I know this is the equivalent of asking the meaning of CB but could someone tell me the TLDR version of KKL’s connection with Jimbo? What was her connection in Tallahassee and why did she follow him to CS? How does she know inside info on the program?

Jimbo’s mistress

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Que quapo y macho!

What in the fuck is going on with his torso?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I know this is the equivalent of asking the meaning of CB but could someone tell me the TLDR version of KKL’s connection with Jimbo? What was her connection in Tallahassee and why did she follow him to CS? How does she know inside info on the program?

You won't get a serious answer because I don't know that many people truly know the nature of her bizarre relationship with Jimbo. Would love to hear a serious reply to this though. I assume she was just doling out bags for him and is such a lonely old hag that she ends up trying to make herself feel important by inserting herself into the players' moms' group. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

4 minutes ago, Chef Bezos said:

You won't get a serious answer because I don't know that many people truly know the nature of her bizarre relationship with Jimbo. Would love to hear a serious reply to this though. I assume she was just doling out bags for him and is such a lonely old hag that she ends up trying to make herself feel important by inserting herself into the players' moms' group. 

I can say with absolute seriousness that I have no fucking clue what the hell the story is between that lunatic and Ritz Bitz. I have never seen a believable story about it that makes any sense, either. What folks have settled on is that she is in some way involved with his bag game for players and families, and she's definitely involved in some way. Outside of that part, nothing else makes more sense than any other claim directionally. His aunt? Mistress? Business partner? Whatever in the fuck. She moved with him to Texas and then moved to Nebraska. No clue what all of this shit means.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can say with absolute seriousness that I have no fucking clue what the hell the story is between that lunatic and Ritz Bitz. I have never seen a believable story about it that makes any sense, either. What folks have settled on is that she is in some way involved with his bag game for players and families, and she's definitely involved in some way. Outside of that part, nothing else makes more sense than any other claim directionally. His aunt? Mistress? Business partner? Whatever in the fuck. She moved with him to Texas and then moved to Nebraska. No clue what all of this shit means.

Well we know this is true..

kathy bates misery GIF

But the questions is the realtionship more of this...

Kathy Bates Kiss GIF

or this...

kathy bates misery GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Let's sift through the spin and bullshit from the chief aggie blowhard. I spoilered my thoughts due to tl;dr problems.

Hide contents

-"We never reached out to Hartline" = They were beating their chests offline to donors about getting Hartline after his agent told them he might have an interest. He has since been assured of a raise and title change if he stays at OSU and he's otherwise taking a HC gig for a big raise. They leveraged A&M.

-"We also didn't want Kendal Briles." = Briles straight up told them he had no interest.

-"Tom Herman was a serious candidate." = I believe that Herman and Fisher are both delusional enough to think they could have worked well together. This would have been one of the more hilarious things to occur in my time on this planet and I am now deeply saddened that it could have been a thing but isn't going to be.

-"Dan Mullens wants to come here." = Jimbo Fisher is just lobbing names out there to see what he can get on the hook. I have heard Dan Mullens at least twice on XM84 this season participating in running down what's going on in College Station. He didn't sound like a fan of Ritz Bitz. That considered, please God and Santa Claus, please let this happen. Mullens is a wealthy asshole who knows better. He and Fisher would clash in ways only Herman and Fisher could eclipse. 

-"There is something to Phil Longo coming to aggieland. He's vaguely connected to the program because he coached within 100 miles of it at Sam Houston State almost a decade ago." = More Fisher fishing. Longo is an unapologetic Air Raid practitioner. God. This is another awesome option were it to occur. 

-"I'm still high on Jeff Grimes." = Jeff Grimes wanted specifics about his purview written into the contract, including playcalling autonomy, and Fisher got interested in looking elsewhere. It will be interesting to see if Fisher circles back here. This deal was supposed to be done and it somehow went up in smoke. 

-"Jimbo is fully behind this OC hire. He's going to let the OC do whatever he wants. Jimbo is being super hands on here." = Fisher is a meddling motherfucker. He's been given a blank check to go out and hire a big OC name. He's either going to be bullied into doing that, or they're going to let him fuck with this long enough to wind up hiring some has-been with the same justifications Charlie Strong gave after a truly exhaustive search and then hiring Shawn Watson.

-"I don't have great vibes about Jones, Smith, or Johnson returning. Achane is going to be presented with a package representing about a third of what he'll make in his first NFL contract. Also, Jaylon Jones might totally go in the first round." = Jaylon Jones, Devon Achane, Anias Smith and Antonio Johnson have already cleared out their lockers and apartments, and none of them are answering texts or calls from the coaches. It looked like they threw a collective smoke bomb down and disappeared, tires screeching in the distance heading toward the Brazos County Line. 

-"How about the portal? Some more guys will be announcing. I'm guessing double digits." = This is the biggest one. He's sending out the heads up to his readership that, sure, they're moneywhipping guys through their "NIL" contracts and those guys told Fisher what he wanted to hear after the season, but they're about get hit where it hurts. The way he's couching things, it's clear he knows some names already. Given that they've had 9 transfers already, "double digits" means a hell of a lot more than 10. I'm sticking with my belief that the number will be at least 20 by mid-January.

-"But what people should really be interested in is who is coming to town from the portal." = Here he's doing several things. One, the Wizard of Oz maneuver of don't look over there behind the curtain, look over here. Two, he's straight-up telling his readership that they're actively tampering and have set meetings with some surprising names that are currently on other rosters. It's almost done in his taunting approach, so it wouldn't shock me if they've got guys from UT, OU, or the SEC West coming in to sit down and hear the midget's pitch. 

-"Finally, ATM is losing a football staff member that isn't currently a coach to go with Prime Time to Boulder." = Whoever is leaving is not someone they want to leave and he knows he's going to get asked questions about it here shortly.

I hope you are right. And you know better than me, but I get the suspicion when reading the tea leaves that it's not going to implode as much as we wanted in the transfer portal and Jimbo did just enough to keep that program together.  Looking at next years schedule I'm anticipating 8-4, but the portal over a long period of time will not be kind to them imo (they will clearly eat in line behind all the destination schools nationally and Bama, LSU, Texas & OU inside their own division), and the disaster that it looks like their 23 class is shaping up to be will really set them back if they can't add high quality talent from the portal. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I hope you are right. And you know better than me, but I get the suspicion when reading the tea leaves that it's not going to implode as much as we wanted in the transfer portal and Jimbo did just enough to keep that program together.  Looking at next years schedule I'm anticipating 8-4, but the portal over a long period of time will not be kind to them imo (they will clearly eat in line behind all the destination schools nationally and Bama, LSU, Texas & OU inside their own division), and the disaster that it looks like their 23 class is shaping up to be will really set them back if they can't add high quality talent from the portal. 

There's certainly no public evidence yet.  The 10 players portaling seem processed.  Ish and Tunise are the only ones that are questionable.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The answer is:

image.thumb.png.fa960250a1e7ba77ebc7fd8a7d4602d1.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JBJ said:

There's certainly no public evidence yet.  The 10 players portaling seem processed.  Ish and Tunise are the only ones that are questionable.

LJ Johnson wasn’t processed, he just quit the team a long time ago, so everyone already knew he was going to the portal.

He was the #2 back behind Achane when he bailed.

• Hook 'Em 1