Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Stop being such a crybaby. There are plenty of other threads for you to bitch and whine about Ewers. And I know you know this because you've already done plenty of it there. 

One cannot overemphasize how poor his mechanics are and how little, apparently, the QB whisperer did to correct it.  Feel free to put me in your ignore list.

• Fuck You 27

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Stop being such a crybaby. There are plenty of other threads for you to bitch and whine about Ewers. And I know you know this because you've already done plenty of it there. 

I don't know why, but the random poster showing up to a thread and threadshitting out of context followed by another poster showing up to challenge the first poster has always made me laugh. It's like one of those cartoons where characters wind up fighting through multiple historical scenes or whatever. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know why, but the random poster showing up to a thread and threadshitting out of context followed by another poster showing up to challenge the first poster has always made me laugh. It's like one of those cartoons where characters wind up fighting through multiple historical scenes or whatever. 

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ffab9dd8de51fafa6c63ee583604c5f5.png

spacer.png

Name names, you hedging bitch. This will be followed by, "Jimbo thought some other guy would be a better fit. Believe me, it's best for A&M."

He's playing this weekend?  They are really going young on this hire, I guess.  Or maybe it's Tom Brady!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahaha. I don't believe the Riley shit for a second and the Mullen one is just awesome. 

The real nugget there is the mentioning of Phillip Montgomery. I feel like that is the kind of hire that Fisher is going to land on at OC. 

Mullen is funny, no clue on what happens with offsets and his Florida contract but he gets $1m every July 15th until 2027 + whatever he is making to work part time at ESPN as an analyst.

Longo, Mullen, Riley, Petrino, Montgomery.

if they end up with Montgomery, who last was a coordinator at Baylor in 2014, that says all you need to know about how much autonomy he is going to have and how little interest their program is to anyone else.

is this how it felt for everyone else when Texas did a comprehensive search and ended up on Sterlin Gilbert?

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

Mullen is funny, no clue on what happens with offsets and his Florida contract but he gets $1m every July 15th until 2027 + whatever he is making to work part time at ESPN as an analyst.

if they end up with Montgomery, who last was a coordinator at Baylor in 2014, that says all you need to know about how much autonomy he is going to have and how little interest their program is to anyone else.

is this how it felt for everyone else when Texas did a comprehensive search and ended up on Sterlin Gilbert?

1. Too soon.

2. You could at least talk yourself into Gilbert because he was young and came up in a productive/innovative system. The bigger embarrassment was the entire hiring process fiasco, where they had to send the big brass to fucking Tulsa to close the deal. 

3. Montgomery feels like more of a re-tread like Shawn Watson. Or John Mackovick hiring Gary Darnell or Bobby Jack Wright. But the best analogy is already on staff at ATM -- Steve Addazzio, who hasn't coached oline in forever after being a failure as a head coach.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

Mullen has 100 career wins as a HC and can get any upper tier G5 (or higher) job whenever he wants to go back to coaching. Herman was a more realistic name 

Longo is from NJ and during his 3 years at SHSU always felt out of place and Mack may tab him to take over in 2 years if he waits it out. Also his system is on the opposite end of the spectrum from where Jimbo wants to be

Riley knows how the game is played from watching his brother and knows better than to attach his name to Jimbo this early in his career. 

Petrino and Montgomery these two are the most likely from Jimbos hire history while letting Jimbo continue to run things how he wants to run them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahaha. I don't believe the Riley shit for a second and the Mullen one is just awesome. 

The real nugget there is the mentioning of Phillip Montgomery. I feel like that is the kind of hire that Fisher is going to land on at OC. 

Montgomery and Petrino would be real treats but I am going to continue to will Kubiak into existence just for the laughs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Mullen has 100 career wins as a HC and can get any upper tier G5 (or higher) job whenever he wants to go back to coaching. Herman was a more realistic name 

Longo is from NJ and during his 3 years at SHSU always felt out of place and Mack may tab him to take over in 2 years if he waits it out. Also his system is on the opposite end of the spectrum from where Jimbo wants to be

Riley knows how the game is played from watching his brother and knows better than to attach his name to Jimbo this early in his career. 

Petrino and Montgomery these two are the most likely from Jimbos hire history while letting Jimbo continue to run things how he wants to run them. 

OU Riley didn't want to go to the SEC so badly that he left OU for USC. You have to think TCU Riley shares the same aversion. 

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

New name

The one position they can most afford to lose guys is on the DL, but still.... that dude was a four star and #132 in the composite in 2021.  There's a better than zero chance he can actually play and I don't remember hearing anything about him on the police blotter. He could be a bust but I don't necessarily think that's good attrition for them per se.

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ffab9dd8de51fafa6c63ee583604c5f5.png

spacer.png

Name names, you hedging bitch. This will be followed by, "Jimbo thought some other guy would be a better fit. Believe me, it's best for A&M."

Not that it really matters, because anyone is a fit...

Jimbo's playbook

Garbage

Garbage

Trash

PUNT!

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is any other SEC school bleeding players like this at this rate? More than ten 4 stars and a 5 star. Another year of vacant upper classes.

It's almost been all depth. I'm still waiting on the real dominos to fall for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1