Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

It's almost been all depth. I'm still waiting on the real dominos to fall for them. 

This is where I’m at as well. There is a certain quality to quantity, and that might end up being a problem for them, but I’m at the point where I need to see starters heading out the door to get my rocks off on their misfortune. 
though, looking at their recruiting class is pretty fucking jolly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

It's almost been all depth. I'm still waiting on the real dominos to fall for them. 

It's not like losing quality depth is a good thing when you're staring at the recruiting class they have right now. Ten 4 star back-ups would benefit any team. The more fun stuff may be coming, but this drain on their bench will take it's toll.

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Do you get supplementary recruiting spots if too many people leave? Or you just have to exchange portal scrubs with other programs?

Fortunately for aggy, every student stands ready to be called in at any time. So they shouldn’t have any problems filling out their roster.   And if you can win a war with ‘em, you can win football games with ‘em. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Do you get supplementary recruiting spots if too many people leave? Or you just have to exchange portal scrubs with other programs?

You can fill your roster up to 85 total spots. Doesn't matter how many sign in a given year, or if those come from high school or the transfer portal

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ffab9dd8de51fafa6c63ee583604c5f5.png

spacer.png

Name names, you hedging bitch. This will be followed by, "Jimbo thought some other guy would be a better fit. Believe me, it's best for A&M."

Remember, the OC “candidate” doesn’t necessarily have to currently be an OC.

5 hours ago, Deej said:

transporting-a-sheep-on-motorbike.jpg

Ewe!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Honestly for schools like Stanford and the academies that can't take transfers, it's a necessary change in this environment. 

Or for coaching changes when kids transfer out because they are not a fit with the new schemes.

Or kids transfer out because of a dumpster fire like aggy. A new coach coming in would need to bring in a huge class to fill out a team. Unfortunately for aggy, they are stuck with Jimbo so he may need to bring in a lot of scraps he normally wouldn't recruit.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fortunately for aggy, every student stands ready to be called in at any time. So they shouldn’t have any problems filling out their roster.   And if you can win a war with ‘em, you can win football games with ‘em. 

Plus, they have that grackle. 

And dead dogs. 

34 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Not worried about the number of players in the portal for the gomers. I am sure there are lots of people who will suddenly come out of the stands to play for them. Happened before can happen again, right? Right? Right?

At this rate a 12th man won't help them. They'll need a 25th-30th man.

45 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Not worried about the number of players in the portal for the gomers. I am sure there are lots of people who will suddenly come out of the stands to play for them. Happened before can happen again, right? Right? Right?

Their bench is thin

spacer.png

• Haha 9

13 hours ago, Teryor said:

“Real dominos.”

Based on this season that’s a very short list. On offense it’s Moose, Stewart and maybe Weigman. On defense most of their good players are heading to the NFL. 

What are these real dominos? Outside of a few players, most of their starters weren’t great players. 

12 hours ago, Scholz said:

Their bench is thin

spacer.png

Can't those "richest school in merica" rubes scrape up enough money to make their stadium end-zone color scheme match the sidelines? It looks like 4th grade photo shop,  and I'm probably doing a disservice to the 4th grade photo shop team.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Looch

Monday night notes
5,238 Views | 43 Replies
Staff Only
LiucciStaff12:20a, 12/6/22
Just some quick notes before I tune in to a little Yellowstone.

-Let's talk some offensive coordinator. Contrary to so many rumors flying around, Jimbo FIsher and the Aggies don't quite yet have their man but I believe we're within a couple of days of getting there. I feel good about the Ags wrapping things up by the end of the week and probably even sooner but the rumors that began today regarding Fisher locking down his top candidate simply weren't true. Remember, so far we've heard that Baylor's Jeff Grimes was locked in and 'the guy,' then it was Phil Longo of North Carolina as a 'done deal' and today the rumor of the day was TCU's Garrett Riley signing a mid-afternoon deal securing him as the OC and Los Angeles Rams assistant Ra'Shaad Samples as running backs coach.

None have been true, though both Riley and Longo have been legitimate candidates for the position from the outset. Other names that have come up along the way include former Florida boss Dan Mullen and one-time Longhorn head coach Tom Herman, a preliminary contact who didn't emerge as a viable candidate due in part to the fact he was in search of a head coaching gig first, which he found at FAU. I've also mentioned former Arkansas and Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino as kind of a wildcard candidate to monitor, though that's a little more of me connecting the dots than it is strong enough info to consider him a leading candidate or any sort.

Without going into too much detail, I'm keeping eyes on Longo and Riley, though there are rumblings out of Fort Worth that the TCU OC could very well emerge as a head coaching target at multiple spots, including North Texas, following the Horned Frogs' CFP run.

I'll have more on this one when it sounds like Fisher is on the verge of finalizing what we all know is a vitally important hire but stay tuned in because the fact of the matter is it feels like we're getting closer to a resolution and that Jimbo would love to have this thing wrapped up in time for some impact on both the recruiting and transfer portal window.

-The Ags are quietly very active in the transfer portal and I think by the time this weekend rolls around, you'll start to understand what I'm talking about. Jimbo Fisher and Co. are expected several high school and transfer portal visitors, a list that we'll put out a little later this week. Some big name possibilities out there and you can follow it all throughout the week on the pinned 'Transfer portal thread' up top.

-So far, nothing surprising as far as the portal goes, with today's new entries being DL Marcus Burris and CB Myles Jones. Burris was a big body who saw a few reps early this season but spent most of the fall as a scout-teamer. Myles aims for a rare seventh year of college ball. The oft-injured corner started for parts of his career (including all the way back to the 2017 season-opening loss to UCLA as a true freshman) but has missed most of the past two seasons while battling lower leg injuries. Great young man who leaves with the respect of everyone in the Bright Complex.

-As far as things on the NIL front go, I'm hearing a LOT of positive results as far as current members of the team are concerned. Not going into any real detail here, but I will say that this group gets it in terms of putting in the time and energy to make sure that not only your 'star' players get deals but also the guys up and down the roster

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Please let Jimbo hire Phil Montgomery to run the veer and shoot 

Personally, I am in the Bobby Petrino camp.

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

Any coach they target for OC who doesn't demand a fully guaranteed contract is doing it wrong. 

fully guaranteed and having their role outlined exclusively in their contract around play calling, offensive install, etc

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

fully guaranteed and having their role outlined exclusively in their contract around play calling, offensive install, etc

Petrino is a good coach who is very detail oriented. However, he is an ass and players don't like playing for him: This is from a former player so take it for what it is worth.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Looch

Translation from Loochesse: "No Jimbo hasn't offered the job to all these rumored candidates and been turned down.  I have no idea who he will actually get to take our money and be his fall guy.....but it probably isn't anyone we want so I'll throw out Petrino's name....oh yeah and I forgot to mention in here that Adazzio is probably not getting fired."

In all seriousness he apparently stated that Adazzio may be retained.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NoName said:

Bobby Petrino should request a motorcycle as part of remuneration in his contract. I hear his last motorcycle isn't running so well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cross Andre White and Tarian Lee off the depth chart

No LBs no CBs… Going to be running a 7-1-3 at this point here… maybe that’s why they overloaded on DL.. 

OL Clem is going to revolutionize college Ds by going back to a Defense from A&Ms national title days… They say what is old eventually becomes new again, so modern day offenses won’t be able cope with this awesome level of aggy defensive ingenuity..