Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My main memory is:

I think my wife may have fucked us. I requested one fucking thing: don't go to stores and don't go see friends. That's it. Let me go to the stores. Let me take the risk because I can ramp up and be super OCD about this. Well she disobeyed and went to see two friends at their houses over the last 2 weeks and went to Walmart twice. Now she's had two days of feeling cold, sore throat, and overall feeling fatigued and muscle aches. 

I'm scared shitless. Don't feel anything different yet but seriously considering going today to buy a pistol and ammo so if this thing gets really bad for me I can kill myself before the worst symptoms of the pneumonia distress start. If I'm fortunate and don't get sick very badly I'm leaving her as soon as possible and filing for divorce. She showed she can't even put my or her own health and life ahead of her selfish desires to see her friends. That's unforgivable. 

Yeah, then he came back like 9 months later and claimed he'd moved to Australia to get away from all us suckas in the USA.  

Seemed really stable.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My main memory is:

I think my wife may have fucked us. I requested one fucking thing: don't go to stores and don't go see friends. That's it. Let me go to the stores. Let me take the risk because I can ramp up and be super OCD about this. Well she disobeyed and went to see two friends at their houses over the last 2 weeks and went to Walmart twice. Now she's had two days of feeling cold, sore throat, and overall feeling fatigued and muscle aches. 

I'm scared shitless. Don't feel anything different yet but seriously considering going today to buy a pistol and ammo so if this thing gets really bad for me I can kill myself before the worst symptoms of the pneumonia distress start. If I'm fortunate and don't get sick very badly I'm leaving her as soon as possible and filing for divorce. She showed she can't even put my or her own health and life ahead of her selfish desires to see her friends. That's unforgivable. 

A do what 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My main memory is:

God, I forgot about that guy. Yeah, we were all convinced that he murdered his wife. And I'm still not sure he hasn't. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

What the fuck is happening here.

Back in March 2020 a surly dude named Junior Miller freaked out about COVID exposure and we suspect he murdered his wife, then possibly moved to Australia.

In unrelated news, it's fun watching the ags' teams of mercenaries fall apart.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I feel like that picture is more about getting Riley than anything else, mostly due to the kid in the purple shirt. I’ve now heard from enough people that it seems like there is real activity with Riley on the OC front, but then again everyone was saying Grimes was a done deal before Thanksgiving so who knows?

• Hook 'Em 1

Seems strange for a Freshman db to have the scoop on an OC hire before any other rumors which makes me think more likely recruiting related. Not sure who else they're even chasing rn though besides Hill.

If Riley goes there, can only assume it's an insane amount of money, like $3mm/year

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like that picture is more about getting Riley than anything else, mostly due to the kid in the purple shirt. I’ve now heard from enough people that it seems like there is real activity with Riley on the OC front, but then again everyone was saying Grimes was a done deal before Thanksgiving so who knows?

It's going to be hilarious when Riley's offense is looking suspiciously like Jimbo's offense. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Okcool said:

Bobby Taylor at it again. Anyone know what this might mean? Riley? 

https://www.on3.com/db/dj-lagway-34744/
This guy announces his commitment at 3 today, his school colors are purple and I think they’ve been the leader for him the whole time.

NVM, was fong’d to Florida yesterday. 

Edited by OB3
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Seems strange for a Freshman db to have the scoop on an OC hire before any other rumors which makes me think more likely recruiting related. Not sure who else they're even chasing rn though besides Hill.

If Riley goes there, can only assume it's an insane amount of money, like $3mm/year

I dunno, if the team is hemorrhaging half as much as it appears, it wouldn't shock me if Jimbo told players the new OC hire in an effort to create positive momentum...away from the portal. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dunno, if the team is hemorrhaging half as much as it appears, it wouldn't shock me if Jimbo told players the new OC hire in an effort to create positive momentum...away from the portal. 

Are there any current OCs who have killed a player? It worked for their defensive recruiting last year. I mean, everyone was committed before Durkin was even hired. Like magic.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah... I won't believe Anthony Hill is coming to Texas until he signs. A&M is desperate and will do anything to avoid losing that head-to-head for the sake of perception.

1 hour ago, Okcool said:

Bobby Taylor at it again. Anyone know what this might mean? Riley? 

Maybe he's finally breaking into the sunflower seed NIL. Or possibly he's now the new starting LB since they have literally no one else & that's the face he's going to make when getting trucked by a RB?

or both?

54 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

So Bobby Taylor went from openly saying he’s leaving the team mid season to play for Deion while having his dad trash the staff and players on instagram to now recruiting Anthony Hill back to CS? How does any of that make sense. 

I guess Deion said, “Thanks, but no thanks.”

Edited by TXRed

38 minutes ago, OB3 said:

https://www.on3.com/db/dj-lagway-34744/
This guy announces his commitment at 3 today, his school colors are purple and I think they’ve been the leader for him the whole time.

NVM, was fong’d to Florida yesterday. 

Yeah all the CBs are Florida but that didn't stop them from swiping Hicks so you never know.

Other possibilities: Ruben Owens, Collin Simmons (unlikely but posted hourglasses yesterday), or some other recruit

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Is Deion in the business of recruiting shitty CBs? What the fuck would he want with Taylor?

Bobby can/could play at Jackson State and be successful at that level so him transferring there made sense. There will be better options in the portal for Deion at Colorado. 

14 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Bobby can/could play at Jackson State and be successful at that level so him transferring there made sense. There will be better options in the portal for Deion at Colorado. 

Whoever is proven and talented will be needing a metric fuckton of NIL money from CU to go there, or they'll be going there out of the sheer kindness of their hearts. A school, not Texas, went after Chappell at ATM and ATM matched for a ridiculous sum. That dude projects as a day one pick apparently.

The other school might be one of the most well-heeled, but the true ballers will be getting 6 figures. CU has zero NIL infrastructure. So either Deion has already found a benevolent Daddy Warbucks CU backer, or things are going to be harder than everyone else is thinking. I'm interested to see if Hunter follows him to CU because he could land $250k+ anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Which the Aggies will celebrate as both showing how rich they are and proving every coach wants to be part of the team waking the sleeping giant.

Why'd you have to pay him so much?

Because we're rich!

That's the only way you could attract a good coach to College Station?

Nah, he loves it here and will never want to leave.

Then why did you have to pay him so much?

Because we're rich! You're kinda a slow, ain't ya?

• Haha 1

Whoever is proven and talented will be needing a metric fuckton of NIL money from CU to go there, or they'll be going there out of the sheer kindness of their hearts. A school, not Texas, went after Chappell at ATM and ATM matched for a ridiculous sum. That dude projects as a day one pick apparently.
The other school might be one of the most well-heeled, but the true ballers will be getting 6 figures. CU has zero NIL infrastructure. So either Deion has already found a benevolent Daddy Warbucks CU backer, or things are going to be harder than everyone else is thinking. I'm interested to see if Hunter follows him to CU because he could land $250k+ anywhere else.

If they are throwing that money at him they are definitely matching weigman and Stewart.

Those guys aren’t going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Have seen people mention Owens as a head case. Any of that legit or just sour grapes after he bailed? 

Without getting into questionably public family drama, yeah it's legit. Probably would have been better for him to go to school outside of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think the Hunter thing may prove truly hilarious. I am sure he gave assurances to Deion all year that he will follow him wherever. Lets see if thats still the case when he hits the portal and has to turn down extreme NIL money from someone crazy, compared to the peanuts that Colorado will offer

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is Barstool still bankrolling Deion?   If so, they'll have money to burn.

One thing I am discovering in the world of NIL is that no one has money to burn. Maybe Oregon, I guess. We are in an ongoing street fight to keep up with everything and it is hard as hell. Does Barstool have $12-$15M per year to support Deion's program? That's where we're at in terms of the top tier. That is a lot of fucking money to just be handing over to guys in the portal, to keep guys out of the portal, and to 17-19 year old recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

school, not Texas, went after Chappell at ATM and ATM matched for a ridiculous sum. 

The disappointing thing to me here is that they were able to keep him by simply matching.  I’d have liked to believe that there was a 20% nuisance fee over and above market to stay there. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1