Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I thought Cooper would just declare for the draft.  If he's staying in college, he must be deeply unhappy with his compensation.  He needs to force aggy to pony up with a huge chunk of the pie.  He has all the leverage. 

I don’t think he can, he’s a true sophomore

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I thought Cooper would just declare for the draft.  If he's staying in college, he must be deeply unhappy with his compensation.  He needs to force aggy to pony up with a huge chunk of the pie.  He has all the leverage. 

Correct.  Weigman could easily do the same. He and his family would probably find it distasteful but you have to get it from these dumbfucks while you can. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their LB depth is now: Martrell Harris, Chris Russell (maybe - could still just graduate), and Mason Cobb (maybe - they tampered him into the Portal but he hasn't publically committed yet)

Chris Russell seems like a great locker room influence.

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-am-aggies/news/texas-am-linebacker-chris-russell-still-facing-charges-after-teammate-ainias-smith-cleared/

Spoiler

Russell was charged with “failing to identify and giving false/fictitious information in the arrest involving Smith, as Smith’s passenger.” The report explains that Russell provided a fake name and date of birth when asked for his information by an officer.

The officers at the scene made the decision to not arrest Russell for providing false identification, but following further investigation the decision was made to pursue legal action.

Additionally, Russell was previously arrested by College Station police earlier in the month on July 2 following an accident he was involved in. According to the report, Russell drove his car to a nearby parking lot after the accident and left the scene on foot. Police said he later “admitted to purchasing 60 dollars worth of marijuana that day.”

“We’re looking at both of those cases,” said police via the Houston Chronicle, following Russell’s latest arrest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

Yep, my first thought was that he was just re-upping for more cash. There are few guys on that roster better positioned to do it than him.

A&M has thrown out such ridiculous amounts to freshmen and incoming freshmen, this type of stuff had to happen eventually.