Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Very jaggy but that's not going to stop Liucci from calling him a 5 star. 

"In a truly groundbreaking turn of events, Jimbo has once again proven his prowess as an elite recruiter by stealing a 5 star db from sitting national title winning and former Texas coach Mack Brown."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

North Carolina DB that hit the portal.  Former 5*, but think most have said he hasn't been any good?

If the best adjective a player has is his high school ranking from 3 years ago then he's probably a jag. 

Compare these two portal announcements. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, the Ags have fucked this up in pretty much every way possible. They are executing a 2015 strategy (significant barriers to transferring, nobody enforcing the rules so anything goes) in 2023 (no barriers to transferring)

1. Culture- they’re paying incoming (extremely high potential) recruits much more than established veterans. That led to losses this past year as the players (understandably) can’t find it in themselves to sacrifice for the good of an organization that doesn’t value them. 
2. Coaching style. This is the wrong time to have a real hardass as head coach. Nobody has to put up with that, and won’t unless they are being paid really well. This will really affect attractiveness to portal transfers. 
3. They think they’re being smart by giving bags and calling it “NIL”. That won’t work once recruits start showing up with agents, which I think will happen really, really soon. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The star safety from Bama committed to Bama. The TE committed to Stanford. The QB committed to Ole Miss. Not sure who else, but they’re going to have to really go nuts to win the safety. 

Should they be more worried about Hicks flip to Oregon then they are? He's been there a lot lately.

13 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

So who do they think they’re flipping lol

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The star safety from Bama committed to Bama. The TE committed to Stanford. The QB committed to Ole Miss. Not sure who else, but they’re going to have to really go nuts to win the safety. 

man flipping GIF

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Should they be more worried about Hicks flip to Oregon then they are? He's been there a lot lately.

I liken it to the scenario where a key employee leaves an org and then an exodus follows him/her to their new gig. A phenomenon I’ve experienced a few times in getting to see it is that as each additional person leaves, those viewed as allied with that group who are still employed at the first place become more and more valuable to management from a retention perspective. Hicks, Rogers, the other DB and that aggie-looking OL from NJ are all suddenly extremely valuable. I think ATM will do whatever it takes to retain those guys. Whatever it takes. 

That said, yeah, the folks I know think that there is legit risk on the Hicks commitment, and not just from Oregon. If he’s in College Station this weekend, I would assume he’s locked up though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

So who do they think they’re flipping lol

here are their offers:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2023-Football/Offers/

let's focus on players from Texas:

• RB - 1 offer out to Texas prospect - Wisner who has fallen to #89 in the State
  • WR - offers to Cook, Hale, Pettaway (all seem pretty locked in) + Niblett, Braylon James (ND), Ashton Cozart (Oregon) , Anthony Evans (UGA), Noble Johnson (Clemson), Jakoby Banks (Houston), Chris Palfreeman (TTU)
  • TE - Jaden Platt (Stanord), Lafayette Kaiuway (TCU)
  • OT: Isiah Robinson (Baylor), Ian Reed (Clemson), Colton Trevor Goosby (Texas), Connor Stroh (Texas)
  • CB: Malik Muhammad (Texas), Toviano (LSU), Chance Rucker (Michigan St), Vernon Glover (TCU), Jacoby Davis is uncommitted but #131 in State so that may have been a super early offer? not sure
  • Safety: Peyton Bowen (ND, just affirmed is commitment), Jamel Johnson (still uncommitted), Daniel Demerry (Ole Miss)
  • Athlete: none
  • QB: Novosad (Baylor)
  • OL: Harris Sewell (Clemson), Jaydon Chatman (Texas), Andre Coje (Texas)
  • LB: Anthony Hill (Texas), Chanz Johnson  and Tauren York (ranked #143 and 166 in Texas)
  • EDGE: Braylon Shelby (USC), Colton Vasek (texas), Derion Gullette (Texas), Billy Walton (Texas)
  • DL: Jordan Renaud (Bama), Markis Deal (TCU), Avion Carter (TCU), Johnny Bowens (Oregon), Dylan Spencer (Texas?), Anthony James (Wasington)

I am sure there are guys on that list that are flipable but doubt many at the top are. plus a ton of those guys have either re-affirmed their commitment in the last few weeks or committed in the last few weeks.

I am sure there is some chance they could snag some of the OL guys but they still have Addazio employed? maybe they could get in for Spencer and consider that a flip win vs Texas? same for Wisner - not sure how much Texas would fight the flip for either of those guys or some of the lower ranked Interior OL commits?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have no clue if they’ll flip the TE, but it’s hard for me to even imagine what it must be like for that kid mentally grasp the switch from Stanford to aggy. That’s like breaking up with Olivia Munn so you can date KKL. 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I have no clue if they’ll flip the TE, but it’s hard for me to even imagine what it must be like for that kid mentally grasp the switch from Stanford to aggy. That’s like breaking up with Olivia Munn so you can date KKL. 

tumblr_ng3eqzWxCR1tfbtrwo1_500.gif

• Haha 6

Just now, texifornia said:

Remember when Nick Starkel went from almost committing to Yale, to Texas A&M, to Arkansas, to San Jose State (and actually winning a Mountain West title there)? It was like human evolution in reverse.

I think the switch from Yale to aggy broke his brain and then it was just all downhill from there. It’s truly mind boggling to think he turned down Yale to end up getting a degree from San Jose State and never even sniffing professional football. Where the fuck were his parents when he was making that decision? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think the switch from Yale to aggy broke his brain and then it was just all downhill from there. It’s truly mind boggling to think he turned down Yale to end up getting a degree from San Jose State and never even sniffing professional football. Where the fuck were his parents when he was making that decision? 

Well he was invited to a camp.   It was the Jets but technically they are in the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I figure if the TE is actually good, then one of the schools where elite TEs typically go would take him, like Georgia, Meat Chicken, Notre Dame, etc