Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One my good friends has a brother that played for ATM and went on to a career in a pro sport and then professional business success. He’s actively involved with numerous ATM initiatives and is close to their BoR. My buddy and I were playing golf on Friday and he told me that his brother was with one of the BoR’s on a family Thanksgiving vacation together. His brother came back from that trip and said “it is going to be really hard to remove Jimbo before 2025. “ He doesn’t think they have anything close to the money they’d need to pull it off. Apparently at least one of the money guys is also firmly in Fisher’s court and wouldn’t provide any help to a termination, ever. Whoops. 

Also, multiple money guys have pulled out of all new “NIL” needs until the worm turns on the field. That’s put more pressure on those backing Ritz Bitz and his pleas. 

This definitely feels like FSU all over again. Never mind NIL.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One my good friends has a brother that played for ATM and went on to a career in a pro sport and then professional business success. He’s actively involved with numerous ATM initiatives and is close to their BoR. My buddy and I were playing golf on Friday and he told me that his brother was with one of the BoR’s on a family Thanksgiving vacation together. His brother came back from that trip and said “it is going to be really hard to remove Jimbo before 2025. “ He doesn’t think they have anything close to the money they’d need to pull it off. Apparently at least one of the money guys is also firmly in Fisher’s court and wouldn’t provide any help to a termination, ever. Whoops. WHOOP!

Also, multiple money guys have pulled out of all new “NIL” needs until the worm turns on the field. That’s put more pressure on those backing Ritz Bitz and his pleas. 

Fixed it for you!

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

at least one of the money guys is also firmly in Fisher’s court and wouldn’t provide any help to a termination, ever.

One would have to be very sharp to guess who this money guy is. I'll donate trophy for whomever guesses correctly.

A sort of fill-in-the-blanks trophy.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

One my good friends has a brother that played for ATM and went on to a career in a pro sport and then professional business success. He’s actively involved with numerous ATM initiatives and is close to their BoR. My buddy and I were playing golf on Friday and he told me that his brother was with one of the BoR’s on a family Thanksgiving vacation together. His brother came back from that trip and said “it is going to be really hard to remove Jimbo before 2025. “ He doesn’t think they have anything close to the money they’d need to pull it off. Apparently at least one of the money guys is also firmly in Fisher’s court and wouldn’t provide any help to a termination, ever. Whoops. 

Curious about your opinion.

I know several relatively well-off Aggies who are almost normal. They all claim this current mess is connected Texas & Oklahoma joining the SEC as well. They claim even though A&M would never admit it, a lot of their money players got wind of it early and were badly shaken. They had envisioned themselves as the lead program in Texas due to being in the SEC and expected to have their choice of top recruits to feed Fisher. There was supposedly something like a panic attack when Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC loomed up as a possible reality, and that's supposedly why the bags got so big and numerous last year--to preemptively establish the Fisher empire. But they over did it, earning the wrath of their SEC playmates and making Ritz Bitz's well-established ego and personality problems even more inflated. Now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place and can only hope next year's team wins enough to create momentum.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like a Jamail/McCombs situation without the uh.. winning.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I know several relatively well-off Aggies who are almost normal. They all claim this current mess is connected Texas & Oklahoma joining the SEC as well. They claim even though A&M would never admit it, a lot of their money players got wind of it early and were badly shaken. They had envisioned themselves as the lead program in Texas due to being in the SEC and expected to have their choice of top recruits to feed Fisher. There was supposedly something like a panic attack when Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC loomed up as a possible reality, and that's supposedly why the bags got so big and numerous last year--to preemptively establish the Fisher empire. But they over did it, earning the wrath of their SEC playmates and making Ritz Bitz's well-established ego and personality problems even more inflated. Now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place and can only hope next year's team wins enough to create momentum.

is there a joke behind this schematic from the titanic spoof episode? :  r/futurama

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, texifornia said:

Looch radio:

Longhornfrenzy1
Longhornfrenzy 🎄🎅🏼🤘🏼 · @Longhornfrenzy1
 17th Dec 2022 from TwitLonger

Billy in his feelings
Dalton Hughes: Why would any stud linebacker not want to play behind all of the studs we have along the defensive line? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Thanks, Liuch.

Billy Liucci: Yeah, I think some of it's just program momentum, like the last question. These guys see that. These guys see that; they feel it. They feel it on social media. It influences them today. And last year at this time, A&M was perceived as a rising program, even though they were 8-4. To recruits, they see Texas as a rising program right now, not a rising program necessarily, but momentum.

And hey, they got Arch Manning‍. That's what got that thing going for them. Johntay Cook‍ tweets a lot. Kids see it and then he's up front and center. A&M had that last year in Bobby Taylor. It's just a perception momentum thing.

I don't think people necessarily around college football think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit they talk over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, their record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, they'll say, well, we went from 5-7. You also have a coach that's never done a damn thing. In fact, he's actually done the opposite of a damn thing as a head coach twice. But it's perception. And it's what they perceive where it's going.
And so I think if you say, why don't they get a linebacker? I think it has to do with the fact that Anthony Hill was at A&M and watched the Aggies get smoked by Florida on a no atmosphere Saturday.

We talk about all those dudes that came to A&M because they watched the 'Bama game and stormed the field, and they were at the Auburn game. And that was how we tried to tell the country, look, this is why they did this class. Well, the opposite happened at Kyle Field until a few weeks ago this year. Some kids were here, and watched them lose to App State. You watch them lose to Ole Miss, you watch them get dusted by an average Florida team. That stuff adds up. And also, when you're giving up yards like you are defensively, and you see a couple of linebackers on the field in most of the game, maybe that affects you too on some level

mobiusescher.gif.0ad5b2438d282f56b38af3d1d87e8e38.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cooper:

OC new:

FkOgtEGWIAEJP5s?format=jpg&name=medium

He's like that guy who owes you money. He keeps telling you it's coming, that he has a big deal on the horizon. And when you ask about it, he excoriates you for being impatient. And then two weeks later, "yeah we're moving in a different direction, bigger deal. You'll get your money plus interest." At some point, a reasonable person would cut this "friend" off. But aggy isn't reasonable. They're still waiting for 20xx.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, Vertigo said:

A couple of key guys from last class hitting the portal over the holiday break should be enough to push Billy over the edge of madness. I would very much love to see this. 

Billy is paid to write that fluffy bullshit.  Anything to keep the natives from becoming too restless.

I’ve heard some of the better ags I know tell me they were (before this season) worried about hurrying up and winning before tx/ou comes into the sec and they lose that advantage, that once that is lost they will be right back in their old place if they can’t punch it first.

5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

No different than being stuck between a toilet and bathroom stall for them 

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s probably partly true, but the money got behind buying the 2022 in early 2021 due to the excitement from the 2020 season. There were people involved with it all who were saying in January of 2021 that they were tired of fucking around with Bama and Georgia in recruiting. It had nothing to do with Texas at the time, although they were at least leery of Sarkisian as the new flavor. 

Hey man, what in the fuck are you doing? First, don’t summon that imbecile to the recruiting board - ever. Second, the guy has no fucking clue about the actual program itself. He’ll just devolve into one of his stupid fucking rants about ATM in the 1920s. Finally, he’s in solitary confinement at the nuthouse. His privileges have been revoked for some time. You can’t beat the shit out of two orderlies with a keyboard without repercussions. Go pine for him on the football board. Christ. 

In Randolf's defense, the orderlies were wearing maroon.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Billy is paid to be an aggy fluffer.

He's an aggy fluffer who found a way to cash in on the fact that all Aggies are aggy fluffers. 

Priests and ministers aren't paid to be Christian nor Mullahs paid to be Muslim. For the right money, I'd become either one. I could always enter the portal after a year.

11 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

I genuinely can't believe they didn't have a plan in place on a shelf from Day 1 for if Texas joined the SEC.

The entire thing was just insanity to me. THEY VOTED FOR TEXAS AND OU TO JOIN after making all that noise. They had no plan in place and I think they legitimately thought that the gentleman's agreement that let teams say no to say Miami or FSU or Ga Tech would also apply to Texas and OU joining as a combo?

here is from an ESPN article about it a few years ago - who in their right mind would ever take any of those schools alone over OU? much less Texas AND OU?

Loftin said most expansion discussion centered on schools such as North Carolina, NC State, Virginia or Virginia Tech, all schools in states with no SEC members.

same article:

Loftin said he and members of the A&M board of regents specifically discussed Texas' membership prospects during expansion talks with Slive, who was commissioner at the time. Slive died in 2018.

"I can recall a meeting with the commissioner and a few of our regents that were with me, [Texas] came up in the conversation," Loftin said. "Mike assured us that they got what they wanted in Texas A&M because they got the Texas market, and they got a school which was very compatible with SEC schools."

sounds like they should have had the same discussion day 1 with Sankey.

not that it matters, when you can add Texas and OU, you do it.

Again, the fact they had no plan other than to leak it to a friendly reporter (Brent Z in Houston) instead of to some national person says it all. The fact at the end of the day they voted to add Texas says it all. Just a tremendous failure of planning of any kind.

Then again, looking at their University leadership, it sounds like it shouldn't shock anyone.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1