Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 minute ago, Vermin said:

According to aggy, it's because he's in the playoff.

One might surmise that any OC that has his team in the cfp is in line for a head coaching gig and probably wouldn’t be poached for a lateral move to a failing program that could kill their career while working for a genuine asshole. 

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One might surmise that any OC that has his team in the cfp is in line for a head coaching gig and probably wouldn’t be poached for a lateral move to a failing program that could kill their career while working for a genuine asshole. 

You sound like a 2%er..... or sane.

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who says he’s genuine?

49 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not to argue, but maybe they plan to money-whip a CFP team waterboy or something to go along with the enticement of the promotion to OC for a SITTING CHAMPIONSHIP COACH.

51 minutes ago, Getafix said:

So, this is good to hear:

image.thumb.png.8823500cc8abeccdf33585883476e0d2.png

And yeah, Auburn and Bama are now supposedly ahead of Lit Station, for Mitchell.

image.thumb.png.fdc6fefbc04e29943b5784229cbeafc6.png

Jimbo's calling card is extremely bad offensive lines. The year after he left FSU they gave up 36 sacks and averaged 2.8 ypc.

drhijoh.png

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Not to argue, but maybe they plan to money-whip a CFP team waterboy or something to go along with the enticement of the promotion to OC for a SITTING CHAMPIONSHIP COACH.

I'm wondering if they're targeting a non-OC from one of the playoff teams.  In looking at the coaching staffs, the names that stand out to me are McClendon from UGA and Meacham from TCU.

2 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I'm wondering if they're targeting a non-OC from one of the playoff teams.  In looking at the coaching staffs, the names that stand out to me are McClendon from UGA and Meacham from TCU.

I thought about that too but i don’t know that aggy or jimbo hubris would allow for taking a position coach and elevating him. 

would be quite a trip though if they paid 2 million a year to a guy to call plays that doesn’t currently call plays.  Could have just turned play calling over to coley or Craig at that rate. 

14 minutes ago, statsman said:

Weren’t we looking at Meacham, back when we hired Gilbert? My memory is that he turned us down. 

It wasn’t Meachum. It was Cumbie. Meachum was up for NTSU. Cumbie, being the younger up-and-comer, was the big prize. Getting told “no” by a TCU co-OC was a big surprise to Belmont. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I definitely remember it being Cumbie that was the initial target before settling on Gilbert after Cumbie declined.  However, didn't it turn out to be that Meacham was actually the better play caller?

Undetermined. Meachum flopped at KU, and is currently inside receivers coach at TCU. Cumbie is HFC at La Tech (3-9).

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

It's looking more and more like Jimbo is going to fill up on bread in the '23 class versus the portal. I'm trying to understand this strategy but the only explanation is that Jimbo is a fucking idiot. 

I think he might be addicted to giving out bags to "win" high school recruitments.  He can't quit.  Transfers don't give the same high.

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's looking more and more like Jimbo is going to fill up on bread in the '23 class versus the portal. I'm trying to understand this strategy but the only explanation is that Jimbo is a fucking idiot. 

His contract is guaranteed for 85 million more dollars. Why waste time on a strategy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I believe it's going exactly as Jimbo had planned.

Exactly, don't forget aggy landed biggest and bestest cruitin class of all time last year with the bulk of thw cruits being defensive players, without having a defensive coach or staff on the team...   Those offensive cruits will be falling out of the woodwork in 3-2-1.......

In 3-2-1... 

Uummmm. 3-2-1....

I wonder when they are going to figure it out.  There's not going to be an OC hire.  What's the point when Jimbo is going to continue calling the plays out of his playbook...

And 100 million is a lot of money to scrape together to rid themselves of that playbook. Every dollar counts.

You've got a guy who has been accustomed to calling the shots for years, looks to be just shy of 5 and a half feet tall, is well into middle age, doesn't exactly have a successful marriage to boost his self-esteem, and is locked into a guaranteed contract running into 9 figures. The word on the street was that he "had" to hire an OC, that he had been "forced" into it. For some little men, trying to prove (to themselves or whomever) that they are "the man" is more important than it might be to you or to me, even all-important. The longer this OC shenanigan runs, the more it looks like JF showing whomever that no one forces his hand-- no one. Whatever ending the OC "search" finally has will be something JF can spin as something he desired from soup to nuts (or his departure).

16 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I imagine Jimbo listening to this tune constantly in his office

What he should be listening to ...

(Youtube isn't allowing me to embed the stand-alone video of this song, so this is at the right location from the full show.  If you haven't listened to it before, it's a nice live version of a pretty cool song.(Nobody's fault but my own - Beck.))

• Hook 'Em 1

I find it so funny that you sips can't see what is going on in the station.  Pretty clear that Jimbo is truly cherry picking from the HS ranks, and yes, some seem like "bread" but you don't know 'crootin like Jimbo knows crootin.  Jimbo is keeping the class small because after the playoff he'll be the recipient of the top 8 players from each of the playoff teams.  They know what is brewing in the station.  They know the NIL package that only a sleeping giant like a&m can put together.  The bluster of Saban and Kiffin just shows their fear of Jimbo and the machine he is building.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbo filling up on all these '23 recruits he really had no interest in until panic mode is too perfect to be true. 

He's really going to take a 25 commit + class again and have a roster of freshmen and sophomores. 

Most of the to-be sophomores are in the portal.

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbo filling up on all these '23 recruits he really had no interest in until panic mode is too perfect to be true. 

He's really going to take a 25 commit + class again and have a roster of freshmen and sophomores. 

And most of these guys will be gone before their 3rd years just like his 1st 2 classes. No development and hiring mercenaries lead to constant roster churn above the norms.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And most of these guys will be gone before their 3rd years just like his 1st 2 classes. No development and hiring mercenaries lead to constant roster churn above the norms.

This is exactly what happened at FSU. It's remarkable how similar this is outside of the actual results at FSU.